Daily GK updates are incorporated with the important news that made the headlines. Daily GK Update is the complete bag of the important news that held all day long. One should have complete knowledge about the banking terms, current affairs news, etc. So, here is the GK update of 14th January to help you prepare the Current affairs part. After reading this section, you can successfully attempt Current Affairs Quiz.
National Current Affairs
1. Sardar Patel’s Statue of Unity place in ‘8 Wonders of Shanghai Cooperation Organisation’
"Did you Know? In this pack you will get All new content we launch in the next 3 months"
This is the most recommended and NRA-CET ready Pack!
Use Code 'DREAM' to avail at best price today
This package Includes IBPS PO Study Material - Subscribe Now
About Bank Mahapack
If you are preparing for more than 1 Banking & Insurance exams then this is the pack we recommend you buy.
It is most cost effective and you get access to 100% digital content for Bank & Insurance exams on Adda247.
Banking & Insurance Exams Covered in this Pack
Additionally, you can crack any private bank job exam with content in this pack.
Bank & Insurance Mahapack Highlights
- Structured course content
- Recorded classes available if you miss any live class
- Previous Years’ Papers of all upcoming exams.
- Full Length Mocks based on the latest pattern with detailed solutions (video solutions for certain topics)
- Topic level knowledge tests
- Strategy sessions, time management & Preparation tips from the experts
Validity: 3 Months
Note: This package is not a part of Double Validity Offer
- Unlimited Live Classes & Recorded Video Courses
- Unlimited Tests and eBooks
- 1 Lakh+ Selections
- 24 Months
- 1 Month
- 12 Months
- 3 Months
Sardar Patel’s 182 meter tall Statue of Unity in Gujarat included in the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation’s ‘8 Wonders of SCO’ list. S Jaishankar, External Affairs Minister has announced today.
3. Income Tax Department launched 24×7 control room
Income-Tax Department was launched 24×7 control room to monitor black money and illegal inducements in poll-bound Delhi. This facility will also host a toll-free number (1800117574). People can inform the department about any activity of use of money power, illegal distribution of cash etc.
3. M Venkaiah Naidu will be inaugurating “Classical Telugu Centre” in Nellore
M Venkaiah Naidu, Vice President of India inaugurate a new Centre of Excellence for Studies in Classical Telugu on 21st January in Nellore, Andhra Pradesh. The Centre govt. will facilitate to focus its activities for the development of this rich classical Telugu through Research, seminars, debates and various activities.
4. SEBI defer deadline to April 2022 for split “Chairman and Managing Director” post
Securities and Exchange Board of India stock market regulator has deferred the deadline for the separation of the posts of Chairman & Managing Director or chief executive officer (CEO) for 500 listed companies by 2 years. The date of implementation of the above regulatory provision has been deferred to 1st April 2022.
5. Indian Oil launches special class diesel for Navy
Indian Oil Corporation (IOC) has developed a special class diesel conforming to North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) grade for use in ships and vessels of Indian Navy. Vice Admiral GS Pabby has launched the Upgraded High Flash High-Speed Diesel (HFHSD-IN 512).
6. 14th January celebrated as Armed Forces Veterans Day
14 January celebrated as Armed Forces Veterans Day every year. Armed Forces Veterans Day is being celebrated since 2017. This day is observed to mark the respect and recognition of the services rendered by Field Marshal KM Cariappa. He was the first Indian Commander-in-Chief of the Indian Armed Forces, retired on 14th January 1953.
7. Michael Patra appointed as the Deputy Governor of Reserve Bank
The Centre government has appointed Michael Debaprata Patra as the Deputy Governor of Reserve Bank of India. Michael Debaprata Patra was currently serving as the Executive Director of RBI. He has appointed in place of former deputy governor Viral Acharya.
Science and Technology
8. Indian Space Research Organisation to launch GSAT-30 satellite
Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) will launch GSAT-30 satellite onboard Ariane-5 launch vehicle (VA 251) from French Guiana, overseas department of France. This satellite will launch on 17 January 2020. The GSAT-30 is a communication satellite of India and configured on ISRO’s enhanced I-3K Bus structure to provide communication services from Geostationary orbit in C and Ku bands.
9. Infosys inked with GEFCO to strenghthen Digital Transformation
Infosys, an IT consulting company has inked a deal for 5 years with GEFCO to digitally transform its worldwide operations.
International Current Affairs
11. Treasury Department of USA removes China from “currency manipulator” list
The Treasury Department of United States of America has been removed China from the designation as “currency manipulator“.
Summit and Confrence
2. Raisina Dialogue begins from 14 January
India’s flagship global conference on geopolitics and geo-economics Raisina Dialogue begins in New Delhi from 14 January 2020. Prime Minister of India Narendra Modi inaugurated session. This is the 5th edition of the Raisina Dialogue has organised by jointly the Ministry of External Affairs and the Observer Research Foundation.
12. 6th meeting of the Island Development Agency chaired by Amit Shah
The 6th meeting of the Island Development Agency (IDA) was supervised by Amit Shah, the Union Home Minister in New Delhi. During the meet, initiatives of sustainable development in the identified Islands were taken under Island Development Agency.
13. Kento Momoto from Japan won Malaysia Masters 2020
Japanese badminton player Kento Momota (world number 1 ranked) won the Malaysia Masters 2020 title. He has defeated Viktor Axelsen from Denmark by 24-22, 21-11. Kento Momota won a record 11 titles in 2019.
Watch the 14 January 2020 Current Affairs Headlines-
All the Best BA’ians for IBPS Clerk Mains 2019!