Daily GK updates are incorporated with the important news that made the current affairs headlines for banking or other competitive exams. Daily GK Update is the complete bag of the important news that held all day long. One should have complete knowledge about the banking terms, current affairs news, etc. So, here is the GK update of 16 January 2020 to help you prepare the Current affairs part. After reading this section, you can successfully attempt Current Affairs Quiz.
National Current Affairs
1. ‘Indian Heritage in Digital Space’ exhibition inaugurated by Union Culture Minister Prahlad Singh Patel
"Did you Know? In this pack you will get All new content we launch in the next 1 months"
This is the most recommended and NRA-CET ready Pack!
Use Code 'DREAM' to avail at the best price today
This package Includes IBPS PO Study Material - Subscribe Now
About Bank Mahapack
If you are preparing for more than 1 Banking & Insurance exams then this is the pack we recommend you buy.
It is most cost-effective and you get access to 100% digital content for Bank & Insurance exams on Adda247.
Banking & Insurance Exams Covered in this Pack
Additionally, you can crack any private bank job exam with content in this pack.
Bank & Insurance Mahapack Highlights
- Structured course content
- Recorded classes available if you miss any live class
- Previous Years’ Papers of all upcoming exams.
- Full Length Mocks based on the latest pattern with detailed solutions (video solutions for certain topics)
- Topic level knowledge tests
- Strategy sessions, time management & Preparation tips from the experts
Validity: 1 Month
- Unlimited Live Classes & Recorded Video Courses
- Unlimited Tests and eBooks
- 1 Lakh+ Selections
- 15 Months
- 9 Months
- 3 Months
- 27 Months
- 1 Month
The “Indian Heritage in Digital Space” has been inaugurated by Union Culture and Tourism Minister Prahlad Singh Patel at the National Museum located in New Delhi. IHDS, an initiative of Department of Science and Technology has created the models of Heritages with the help of holographic projections, AR and 3D fabrication and 3D LASER scan data.
2. Lucknow hosts the 7th Commonwealth Parliamentary Association Conference 2020
Lucknow hosted the 7th Conference of Commonwealth Parliamentary Association (CPA) India Region. The conference was held with the theme of ROLE OF LEGISLATORS.
3. Mega campaign ‘Saksham’ launched by Petroleum Minister
A mega campaign “Saksham” has been launched by Union Minister of Petroleum and Natural Gas Dharmendra Pradhan. It is a campaign of Petroleum Conservation Research Association (PCRA) which aims to aware the people regarding fuel conservation and greener environment across India.
International Current Affairs
4. Robert Abela has been elected as Malta’s Prime minister
Robert Abela has won the elections to become the Prime Minister of Malta. He has become the 14th prime minister of Malta after defeating Chris Fearne.
5. Russian Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev steps down
The Prime Minister of Russia, Dmitry Medvedev has resigned to lead the Russia’s Security Council.
6. Bipul Behari Saha has been elected by IUPAC as its bureau member
Bipul Behari Saha has been elected as the bureau member of International Union of Pure and Applied Chemistry (IUPAC) for the tenure of 2020-23. He has become the 2nd Indian after CNR Rao to hold the position.
Ranks & Reports
7. “The Global Risks Report 2020” has been released by World Economic Forum
“The Global Risks Report 2020” has been released by World Economic Forum. It is the 15th edition of the report. The report has been prepared by WEF in partnership with Marsh & McLennan and Zurich Insurance Group. The report defines the major risks, the world is going to face in the coming years. The data used to make the report was collected by Global Risks Perception Survey (GRPS) through survey conducted from 5 September to 22 October 2019.
Key findings of the report:
- A “global risk” was defined as an uncertain event or condition that, if it occurs, can cause significant negative impact for several countries or industries within the next 10 years.
- ‘Failure to mitigate and adapt to climate change’ has been declared as the number one risk by impact and number two by likelihood over the next 10 years in the report.
8. ICC Awards 2019: Check Complete list of Winners
ICC Annual Awards list has been declared by the International Cricket Council (ICC). With the list, ICC has also honoured the biggest names in men’s and women’s international cricket. Some key awards are:
- Ben Stokes has won the Sir Garfield Sobers Trophy for Best Cricketer of the Year in ICC annual awards 2019
- Pat Cummins has won the award for Test Cricketer of the Year in ICC annual awards 2019.
- Rohit Sharma has won the award for ODI Cricketer of the Year in ICC annual awards 2019.
9. Goa hosts the 5th Science Film festival
Goa is hosting the 5th edition of Science Film Festival of India (SCI-FFI 2020). The festival aims to instill the knowledge of science among the youth with the help of exhibitions, masterclasses, workshops, and other activities.
10. Ladakh hosts the 1st ever Food Processing Summit
The Ministry of Commerce and Industry and the Ministry of Food Processing Industries, the UT Administration of Ladakh has organised the 1st-ever Food Processing Summit in the Union Territory Ladakh.
11. Postal Ballot facility made available for Super Senior Citizens and Person with Disabilities
Postal Ballot facility has been made available for the Super Senior Citizens (over 80 years of age) and PwDs in the Delhi Assembly Election. Earlier it was only available to armed forces and those assigned in poll duties.
Watch Current Affairs Headlines-
All the Best BA’ians for IBPS Clerk Mains 2019!