| Updated On September 7th, 2019 at 11:38 am
1. LANGUISH: दुर्बल
Meaning: to exist in an unpleasant or unwanted situation, often for a long time
Synonyms: dwindle, faint
Antonyms: build, develop
Example: After languishing in obscurity for many years, her early novels have recently been rediscovered.
2. PUMMEL: कूटना
Meaning: to defeat someone easily at a sport
Synonyms: bash, batter
Antonyms: compliment, fail
Example: The boxer had pummeled his opponent into submission by the end of the fourth round.
3. ARCTIC: उत्तरी ध्रुवी
Meaning: extremely cold
Synonyms: cold, freezing
Antonyms: hot, torrid
Example: Arctic air stung New England with freezing temperatures.
4. SCALDING: गरम
Meaning: If a liquid is scalding, it is extremely hot
Synonyms: blazing, blistering
Antonyms: cold, cool
Example: Against her will, hot scalding tears burst from her eyes and down her cheeks.
5. ABOMINATE: घृणा करना
Meaning: to hate something very much
Synonyms: abhor, despise
Antonyms: admire, approve
Example: Eventually one has to bring people together and sit down with those whose records one abominates.
6. SUBJUGATE: अधीन करना
Meaning: to treat yourself, your wishes, or your beliefs as being less important than other people or their wishes or beliefs
Synonyms: conquer, enslave
Antonyms: lose, release
Example: Reporters must subjugate personal political convictions to their professional commitment to balance.
7. ADHERE: पालन करना
Meaning: to continue to obey, believe in, or support something, esp. a custom or belief
Synonyms: comply, heed
Antonyms: disobey, ignore
Example: College coaches have to adhere to the rules about recruiting high school students.
8. ADROIT: निपुण
Meaning: very skillful and quick in the way you think or move
Synonyms: adept, artful
Antonyms: clumsy, awkward
Example: She was adroit at removing my armor, which she did well and beautifully.
9. SPRIGHTLY: उत्साहयुक्त
Meaning: (especially of old people) energetic and in good health
Synonyms: agile, bouncy
Antonyms: apathetic, inactive
Example: The 14th century saw the beginning of a new literature of travel in sprightly and informing travelogues.
10. EXORBITANT: अत्यधिक
Meaning: (of prices and demands) much too large
Synonyms: enormous, outrageous
Antonyms: cheap, good
Example: The interest charged on most credit cards is exorbitant.
- Practice with English Language Questions to Crack Bank Exams
- Study the Daily GK Update to keep a tap on Current Affairs
- EPFO Assistant Result 2019
This package Includes IBPS RRB Study Material - Subscribe Now
About Bank Mahapack
If you are preparing for more than 1 Banking & Insurance exams then this is the pack we recommend you buy.
It is most cost-effective and you get access to 100% digital content for Bank & Insurance exams on Adda247.
Banking & Insurance Exams Covered in this Pack
IBPS RRB Mains, IBPS CLERK, IBPS PO, LIC ASSISTANT, IBPS SO, IBPS PO Mains, SBI PO, SBI Clerk, Assistant, IBPS RRB PO Prelims, etc.
Additionally, you can crack any private bank job exam with content in this pack.
What all You Get
- All Interactive Live Classes by best teachers
- All Recorded Video Courses designed by experts
- All Tests Series
- All eBooks
- Doubt Clearing by experts
- Personality Development Courses like Spoken English, Interview Techniques, and more...
Bank & Insurance Mahapack Highlights
- Structured course content
- Recorded classes available if you miss any live class
- Previous Years’ Papers of all upcoming exams.
- Full Length Mocks based on the latest pattern with detailed solutions (video solutions for certain topics)
- Topic level knowledge tests
- Strategy sessions, time management & Preparation tips from the experts
- Language: English & Hindi Medium
- Unlimited Live Classes & Recorded Video Courses
- Unlimited Tests and eBooks
- 1 Lakh+ Selections
- 12 Months
- 8 Months
- 3 Months
- 1 Month