Having a gala time after your SBI PO Prelims exam? it’s Time to wake up now because the days to sit and ponder are over. The State Bank of India is conducting the SBI PO Mains 2021 Exam on 29 January 2021 which means that the candidates are left with only a few days to lift their preparations to crack the SBI PO Mains exam. Now the question that arises in the minds of the aspirants is how to crack the SBI PO Mains 2021. In this article, we will answer this question along with the best preparation strategy that the candidates must follow to crack the SBI PO Mains 2021 and also how the candidates should utilize these remaining days and make the best out of the remaining time.
How to Prepare for SBI PO Mains 2021?
Let us start from scratch and discuss how the candidates should start their preparation for SBI PO Mains 2021. Before starting their preparation the candidates need to be familiar with the exam pattern and syllabus of the SBI PO Mains exam. This will make sure that the candidates do not miss any important topic for the mains examination. Let us look at the overview of the SBI PO Mains Exam for a better understanding:
- 3 Stages: Prelims, Mains, and Interview.
- SBI PO Mains: Objective Type Test and Descriptive Test.
- Objective Type Test: Reasoning aptitude, English language, data analysis and interpretation, and general awareness.
- Descriptive Test: Letter Writing and Essay.
Section-wise Preparation Strategy for SBI PO Mains 2021
As we have discussed above that the SBI PO mains exam consists of two tests: objective and descriptive. There are four sections in the objective type test of SBI PO Mains exam 2021. let us first discuss the section-wise preparation strategy for the objective type test of SBI PO Mains Exam 2021.
The time duration of this test is three hours and it consists of four sections namely: reasoning aptitude, English language, data analysis and interpretation, and general awareness. The objective type test is of 200 marks and the candidates need to secure qualifying marks in this test. Let us not look at the best preparation strategy for each section Of the objective type test of SBI PO Mains Exam 2021
- Reasoning and Computer Aptitude: This section can be tricky and time-consuming for most of the students. The candidates need to choose the questions that they want to attempt first very wisely. We advise the candidates to start with the questions based on inequalities, direction, distance, Syllogism,coding-decoding, alphanumeric series, etc. these topics are less time-consuming and can be solved accurately if the candidates have ample practice. After attempting these types of questions candidates can move on to the questions that are in the form of puzzles. Even from the puzzles candidates are advised to start with puzzles that appear easy to be solved. As far as the computer section Is concerned, it will need the basic knowledge of the candidates like definitions and full forms. Candidates have been advised to Polish their basic knowledge of computer aptitude to ensure scoring good marks.
- English language: For some candidates, this section is scoring while other candidates consider the English language section as a Bane. No doubt that there is a vast syllabus for the English language section and it requires the candidates to have a stronghold on the grammar, but the English language section can also be one of the most scoring sections in the SBI PO Mains exam 2021. The only key to crack this section is by having clear basics of the English grammar , good vocabulary, Reading skills and perfect strategy. The candidates must attempt the questions that are less time-consuming like questions from error detection, para jumbles, phrase replacement, double fillers, and cloze test. After attempting the questions candidate should move on to the questions from reading comprehension section that are more time-consuming. Candidates with good reading skills can easily solve the reading comprehension section.
- General/Economy/Banking Awareness: For this section, candidates are required to be aware of general concerns like the economy, banking, political, etc. candidates can ensure scoring good marks in the section by reading daily newspapers and by improving Their General awareness. Another way to do so, is by connecting with the Adda247 “Daily GK Update” available in both Hindi and English languages. Candidates can also read and learn from the monthly capsules provided by BankersAdda for both current affairs as well as banking awareness.
- Data Analysis& Interpretation: The only key that the candidates must follow is accuracy and speed. Rather than keeping a mindset of attempting maximum number of questions, candidates must focus on their accuracy while solving the questions from the data analysis and interpretation section. Candidates must refer the previous years question papers to get familiar with the types of questions that are asked from this section.
This test will be of 50 marks for which the candidates will be given 30 minutes of duration. The descriptive test is a test of English language where the candidates will be asked to write letter and essay. Let us look at the best strategy plan to score maximum in the descriptive test exam of SBI PO Mains 2021.
- Candidates must get familiar with all the formats of all different types of letters as the format of the letter itself carries some weightage of marks.
- Candidates can refer to different types of letters online to see how they are written and the language (formal or informal )that is used for a particular type of letter.
- Read different articles, books of different genres, and daily newspapers/editorials. This will help the candidates to get a basic idea of different topics on which the essay writing question can be based.
Other Preparation Strategies
- Give Mocks: The best way to prepare efficiently for the SBI PO Mains exam 2021 is by giving mock test. The mock test will give the candidates an idea about the pattern of the questions and frequently asked questions. After attempting the mock tests and analyzing their own performance candidates will get to know about their weak areas which they can improve before the actual examination.
- Previous years papers: to know the actual pattern of the questions that can come from SBIPO mains exam candidates must refer to the previous years question papers practice them to get an overview of their preparation.
- Candidates can practice and learn with the Bankersadda’s Monthly Current Affairs Capsule. Bankersadda Capsule is beneficial for exams like IBPS PO, IBPS RRB exams, SBI exams, and other banking exams, we provide the Bankersadda Capsule for all the Banking exams.