IBPS Clerk Notification 2019 was released in the month of September. IBPS is all set to conduct the IBPS Clerk Prelims Exam on 7th, & 8th December 2019 while the mains exam is to be conducted on 19th January 2020. Candidates aspiring to pursue their career as a clerk in Public Sector Banks must have started their preparation already. With almost 10 days left in the prelims exam, aspirants must be feeling a bit nervous for a well-planned strategy that can sail them through IBPS Clerk Prelims Exam in the remaining 10-12 days.
Before making a thorough strategy, it is important for an aspirant to know the details of the IBPS Clerk Exam Pattern and Syllabus. This article is specific to IBPS Clerk Prelims Exam. Read the full article to make a mark in the upcoming exam.
IBPS Clerk Prelims Exam Pattern:
|S.No.||Name of Tests(Objective)||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|1||English Language||30||30||20 minutes|
|2||Quantitative Aptitude||35||35||20 minutes|
|3||Reasoning Ability||35||35||20 minutes|
IBPS Clerk Prelims Tips: Last 10 Days Preparation Guide
Clerk Profile is attracting thousands of aspirants every year due to the huge opportunities and work profile. The exam pattern of IBPS Clerk Prelims is in the almost the same line as that of other banking examination. With almost 10 days left in the examination, there are some key points that can help you score well in the examination making you sail through the IBPS Clerk Prelims Exam.
There are a total of 3 sections in IBPS Clerk Prelims Exam that comprises of English, Reasoning and Quantitative Aptitude with a total of 100 marks and 100 questions, The time duration for the same is 60 minutes. There is a sectional cut-off and timing in the IBPS Clerk Exam.
Here we go:
English: English section consist of 30 questions, carrying 1 marks each. 20 minutes is alloted for this section and is comparatively easier than other section of the exam. However, it is also the most error prone section as a small misunderstanding of the grammar can lead to turn your points into negative. However, here are some tips that can help you:
- Focus on topics like Reading Comprehension, Cloze Test, Parajumbles.
- Start with comprehension. This may take 5 minutes but has the highest accuracy as they are generally easier. This will help you clear the sectional cut-off for English comfortably.
- Attempt cloze test and parajumbles next to increase your overall score.
- English section is the highest scoring section of IBPS Clerk Prelims if prepared well.
- Attempt sectional mock test that will help to gain speed and accuracy.
- You can also attempt daily quiz to help yourself sail through this section.
Quantitative Aptitude: Quantitative Aptitude section has 35 questions carrying a total of 35 marks. This section demands a lot of practice and hard work as it is not easy to tackle the question without going with the type of question asked earlier. Once you are done with the practice, you will score marks easily in the section.
Here are some important Topics that will help in IBPS Clerk Prelims 2019:
- Data Interpretation
- Simplification and Aprroximation
- Ratio and Proportion
- Averages and Partnership
- Simple and Compound Interest
- Profit and Loss
- Time, Speed and distance
- Time and Work
These topics can save your time as they are easy and can save your time. Here are some topics that will guide you through this section:
- Practice sectional mock as much as you can.
- Learn short tricks that can save your time in the examination.
- Start practicing daily quizzes to get a more insightful practice drill.
- Practice full length mock as well in which you will experience the sectional timing and the need to make improvement in each section.
Reasoning: Reasoning section too carries a total of 35 questions and a total of 35 marks with a 20 minutes duration. The reasoning section is based fully on short tricks. Do practice the key areas to get the required result. Your focus should be on accuracy.
The important topics for Reasoning:
- Puzzles & Seating Arrangements
- Coding and De-coding
- Data Sufficiency
- Blood Relation
- Go through the Previous Year’s Paper to get an full insight of the examination.
- You should focus more on time management and accuracy.
- Read all the important/scoring topics and revise them religiously.
- Make a sheet of daily schedule.
- Set two type of task: short term plan and long term plan
- Short term will include setting task for a week and long term will include completing major syllabus.
- Decide time for every subjects and read them daily.
- Solve a mock test daily with keeping time in mind. When exams are just 10-15 days away, try to solve 2-3 mock test and revise them thoroughly.
- Stick to the plan as consistency will help you in succeeding easily.