Appearing for the IBPS PO Mains Exam 2021? Wondering what could be the difficulty level of the exam this year? Which section will be more challenging? Then you are in the right place because we will be answering all these questions in this article. The Institute of Banking Personnel Selection will be conducting the IBPS PO Mains 2021 on 4th February 2021 and the candidates are keen to know the level of this year‘s mains examinations. In this article, we will be looking at the previous years’ paper analysis of the IBPS PO Mains Exam to know the trend that IBPS has been falling for its IBPS PO mains exams.
IBPS PO Mains 2020-21 Paper Analysis
A few weeks are left for the IBPS PO Mains Exam 2020-21. Candidates must be on their final phase of preparation and it is important for them to know what could be the difficulty level of this year‘s examination so that they can prepare accordingly. Before analyzing this year‘s upcoming IBPS PO Mains Exam that is scheduled to be held on 4 February 2021, let us first look at the previous years’ paper analysis of IBPS PO Mains.
IBPS PO Mains Paper Analysis 2019
The IBPS PO Mains Exam 2019 was very difficult to level and lengthy￼. Let us look at some important facts the IBPS PO Mains Exam That was conducted in the year 2019:
- ￼ Students who appeared for this examination reported that the arrangement of questions in the data analysis section was tricky as all two mark questions appeared Before the one mark questions.￼￼ this section included all the questions of DIs and only one question was from the wrong number series.
- In the reasoning and computer aptitude section there was no question asked from the computer aptitude￼￼ and all the questions were from reasoning ability only. This section was way more challenging than the other sections and students had a tough time analyzing what to attempt to score good marks.
- The English language section and the general awareness section were easier than the other sections.￼￼ candidates found this section of moderate difficulty level.￼￼
|Section||Good Attempts (in ques)|
|Data Analysis & Interpretation||6 – 8|
|Reasoning & Computer Aptitude||9 – 13|
|Total||63 – 66|
IBPS PO Mains Paper Analysis 2018
￼The IBPS PO Mains 2018 Exam was difficult and lengthy. Out of all the sections, data interpretation and analysis was most time taking and calculative. Let us look at the section-wise analysis of the IBPS PO Mains Exam 2018:
- There was a twist in the arithmetic word problem questions add number series￼. This section consumes a lot of time for the candidates.
- In the English language section, new types of questions were introduced. Around 5 to 6 short reading comprehension appeared. 20 questions out of a total of 35 in the English language section were from the reading comprehension topic.
- The level of reasoning and computer Aptitude￼￼￼ action was difficult. There were no questions about computer aptitude.
- The general awareness section was easier than the other sections. According to the aspirants who appeared for this exam, there were only a few questions from static and banking awareness.￼
|Reasoning & Computer Aptitude||15-19|
|Data Analysis and Interpretation||07-11|
IBPS PO Mains Paper Analysis 2017
The overall difficulty level of the IBPS PO Mains 2017 Exam was difficult. There were new types of questions that were introduced in the reasoning and English section.
- The reasoning ability section was exceptionally difficult and candidates found it to be way more challenging￼￼￼ than the other sections.
- There were new types of questions asked in the English language section. The cloze test questions were of a totally new pattern, where there were two possible answers against a blank.
- There were no questions asked from the computer aptitude, only reasoning ability questions were asked in the section.
- The level of the general economy and banking awareness section was moderate. Three questions were asked from budget and 3 to 4 questions were from static awareness.￼￼
|Reasoning and Computer Aptitude||16-19|
|Data Analysis and Interpretation||19-21|
|General Economy and Banking Awareness||24-28|
IBPS PO Mains Paper Analysis & Trend
After looking at the previous years’ paper pattern and analysis of IBPS PO Mains we can say that this year to The Institute of banking personnel selection will put a strenuous challenge in front of the aspirants. The candidate should be ready for any kind of challenge with the perfect preparation for the exam.
￼￼￼￼￼ ￼Sections like reasoning ability and English language are likely to be of a difficult level than the other sections. Candidates are advised to study these two sections thoroughly to face any kind of questions that appear in the exam. ￼￼ let us look at this year’s good attempt that the candidates must make in order to score maximum marks in the IBPS PO Mains Exam 2021￼
IBPS PO Mains 2020: Good Attempts
|Section||Good Attempts (in ques)|
|Data Analysis & Interpretation||11-13|
|Reasoning & Computer Aptitude||12– 16|
|Total||60 – 70|