JAIIB 2020– Download the study material on Law of Limitation for the upcoming JAIIB 2020 exam. If you are a member of IIBF then you must appear for Junior Associate of the Indian Institute of Bankers (JAIIB) 2020 Exam in May as it can boost your career. Though the last date to apply was 1st March,2020 but you can still apply till 15th March with a nominal late fee of Rs.100 and after 15th March till 22rd March,2020 with a nominal late fee of Rs.200.
JAIIB Exam: May 2020
|3rd May 2020||ONLINE – Will be given in the admit Letter||Principles & Practices of Banking|
|10th May 2020||ONLINE – Will be given in the admit Letter||Accounting & Finance for Bankers|
|17th May 2020||ONLINE – Will be given in the admit Letter||Legal & Regulatory Aspects of Banking|
Limitation of Documents
- Law relating to limitation is contained in the Limitation Act, 1963.
- It is the time limit within which legal action can be file in a court of law to enforce the right.
Period of limitation:
- The limitation period bars the remedy of filing a suit but does not take away the right of recovering the debt
- There is no limitation period in case of pledge or lien or right of set-off.
- Date of execution of a document is excluded for the purpose of calculation of limitation period of a document.
- A suit based on Demand Promissory Note dated 04.02.2017 can be filed latest by 04.02.2020.
- If the courts are closed on the day the limitation period expires, case can be filed on the day the court reopens.
- During the calculation of limitation period, that period will be excluded when executant was out of India.
- Mentioned period of limitation cannot be extended or waived by mutual agreement.
- Bankers’s right of general lien, right of set-off or sale of pledged goods is not effected by law of limitation.
- Right of suing to the borrower in his personal capacity can be executed within mentioned limitation period.
- Limitation period can be extended by acknowledgement of debt or part payment.
- For limitation period extension, acknowledgement or part payment can be by the borrower or his authorized person.
- It should be before expiration of limitation period.
- If limitation period expired it cannot be extend by part payment or acknowledgment.
- Stamped aknowledgement of document does not extend the limitation period aganist the gurantor automatically
Limitation of Documents
|Demand Promissory Note||3 years from the date of execution|
|Bill of Exchange payable at a fixed time after date||3 years when the bill falls due|
|Term loan agreement with repayment schedule||3 years from the date when the default occurs|
|To enforce payment of money secured by a mortgage||12 years from the date when the money becomes due|
|Suit by mortgagee for possession of immovable property||12 years from the date when the mortgagee becomes entitled to properly mortgaged|
|Letter of Guarantee||3 years from the date of determination of guarantee|
|Right of foreclosure by mortgagee||30 years from date when money secured becomes due|
|Execution of decree||12 years from the date of decree|
|Recovery of loss caused by fraud||3 years from date of detection of fraud|
|Appeal to file in High Court against judgment of lower court||90 days from date of decree|
|Appeal to file in other court against judgment of lower court||30 days from date of decree|
|Money paid by oversight in excess (SB/CD a/c)||3 years from date of discovery of mistake|
Join Live Batches to Prepare for JAIIB Exams: