JAIIB Exam Pattern 2023: Candidates preparing for JAIIB Exam should be familiar with the JAIIB Exam Pattern. JAIIB is a promotion-driven exam conducted by the Indian Institute Of Banking And Finance(IIBF) twice every year for the banking and financial sector employees. Exam Pattern awares aspirants about the pattern of examination including the number of questions, maximum marks, and time duration. In this article, we have discussed the JAIIB Exam Pattern 2023 in which we have also covered the marking scheme, time limit to qualify the JAIIB Exam 2023, and credits retained for subjects passed.
JAIIB Exam Pattern 2023
To give a quick recall to the aspirants we have mentioned an overview of JAIIB Exam Pattern 2023.
|JAIIB Exam Pattern: Overview|
|Organization||Indian Institute of Banking and Finance|
|Exam Name||JAIIB Exam 2023|
|Selection Process||Online Exam|
|JAIIB Registration||March & August 2023|
|JAIIB Exam||May & October 2023|
|Language of Exam||English|
|JAIIB Exam Pattern Check in Hindi||Check in Hindi|
Exam Pattern of JAIIB 2023
JAIIB Exam has Four papers: Indian Economy and Indian Financial System (IE & IFS); Principles and Practices of Banking( PPB); Accounting and Financial Management for Bankers (AFM); and Retail Banking and Wealth Management (RBWM). Each of the papers of JAIIB is further divided into different modules. JAIIB Exam 2023 will be in online medium and each of the 4 papers will comprise of 100 Questions for 100 marks. The time allotted to complete each paper of JAIIB is 2 Hours. The overall summarized exam pattern of JAIIB 2023 Exam is given in the table below.
|JAIIB Exam Pattern 2023
|Papers||No. of Questions||Total Marks||Duration|
|Indian Economy and Indian Financial System||100||100||2 Hours|
|Principles and Practices of Banking||100||100||2 Hours|
|Accounting and Financial Management for Bankers||100||100||2 Hours|
|Retail Banking and Wealth Management||100||100||2 Hours|
Marking Criteria for JAIIB 2023
JAIIB 2023 Exam has no Negative Marking. To qualify JAIIB Exam 2023 aspirants need to score at least 50 marks out of 100 in each paper. In the first attempt of JAIIB if a candidate secures 45 marks in each paper with an aggregate of 50% marks in all subjects of the examination then he/she will be declared as having qualified for the examination. The paper in which a candidate has qualified will be retained until the time limit for passing the JAIIB Exam.
Time Limit for passing the JAIIB Exam
The key points of time limit for passing the JAIIB Exam is discussed below.
- Aspirants will get 5 attempts to qualify for the exam in the maximum time period of 3 years, whichever is earlier.
- The time limit will commence from the time the candidate registers for the exam.
- It is not necessary that the 5 attempts should be consecutive.
- Candidates unable to pass the examination within the maximum given time period of 3 years or 5 attempts, whichever is earlier, will have to enroll again for the JAIIB Exam.
- Time period of 3 years or 5 attempts, whichever is earlier, will start from the date of registration for the first attempt. Attempts will be considered when he/she applies for the exam, irrespective of whether the candidate appears for any examination or not.
- Out of the 6 JAIIB examinations conducted within the 3 years time period a candidate will be eligible to apply for any five examinations. If a candidate appears for all the five attempts before three years is completed, then he/she will have to enroll again. Similarly, if a candidate does not avail five attempts but the prescribed time period of three years is completed then he/she will be have to re-enrol themselves.
Credits for Subjects Passed
The Subjects of the JAIIB Syllabus 2022 will be allowed credits under the JAIIB Revised Syllabus 2023.
|Subjects Under the JAIIB Syllabus 2022||Credit for Subjects under the JAIIB Syllabus 2023|
|Principles and Practices of Banking(PPB)||Principles and Practices of Banking(PPB)|
|Accounting and Finance for Bankers(AFB)||Accounting and Financial Management for Bankers(AFM)|
The candidates who will be appearing under the JAIIB Revised Syllabus 2023 and have been retained credits under the JAIIB Syllabus 2022 will have to qualify for the new subjects for completing the JAIIB Course. The aspirants will have to clear the new subjects within the specified time limit under the JAIIB Revised Syllabus 2023.
FAQs: JAIIB Exam Pattern 2023
Q. How many questions are there in each paper of JAIIB Exam 2023?
Ans. There are 100 Questions in each paper of JAIIB Exam 2023.
Q. How much time is allotted to complete each paper of JAIIB Exam 2023?
Ans. The time allotted to complete each paper of JAIIB Exam 2023 is 2 Hours.
Q. Is there negative marking in JAIIB Exam 2023?
Ans. No, there is no negative marking in JAIIB Exam 2023.
Q. Where can I get the JAIIB Exam Pattern 2023?
Ans. JAIIB Exam Pattern 2023 is discussed in the above post.
Q. What is the maximum marks for each paper of JAIIB?
Ans. The maximum marks for each paper of JAIIB is 100.
|JAIIB New Syllabus 2023||100+ Most Expected PPB Questions|
|100+ Most Expected AFM Questions|