LIC has released the LIC Assistant Notification for the post of Assistant. This year, there are approx 8000 vacancies. Candidates aspiring to pursue their career with insurance sector may have started their preparation already. As per the new notification, LIC Assistant prelims exam is scheduled to be held on 30th and 31st October 2019. Only few days are left for the examination and aspirants must be wondering how to ace LIC Assistant exam? To ace the examination, it is important to go through the LIC Assistant exam pattern, syllabus and previous year’s paper. In this article, we are providing you with the scoring sections and the areas to focus on for preliminary exam.
"Did you Know? In this pack you will get All new content we launch in the next 1 months"
This is the most recommended and NRA-CET ready Pack!
Use Code 'DREAM' to avail at the best price today
This package Includes IBPS PO Study Material - Subscribe Now
About Bank Mahapack
If you are preparing for more than 1 Banking & Insurance exams then this is the pack we recommend you buy.
It is most cost-effective and you get access to 100% digital content for Bank & Insurance exams on Adda247.
Banking & Insurance Exams Covered in this Pack
Additionally, you can crack any private bank job exam with content in this pack.
Bank & Insurance Mahapack Highlights
- Structured course content
- Recorded classes available if you miss any live class
- Previous Years’ Papers of all upcoming exams.
- Full Length Mocks based on the latest pattern with detailed solutions (video solutions for certain topics)
- Topic level knowledge tests
- Strategy sessions, time management & Preparation tips from the experts
Validity: 1 Month
- Unlimited Live Classes & Recorded Video Courses
- Unlimited Tests and eBooks
- 1 Lakh+ Selections
- 15 Months
- 9 Months
- 3 Months
- 1 Month
LIC Assistant Exam Pattern 2019
LIC Assistant exam has the pattern as other banking exam. However, English/ Hindi section is not an integral part of the prelims. English/ Hindi is qualifying in nature and its marks are not considered for the prelims cut-off. Here is the LIC Assistant exam pattern for prelims:
|Sr. No.||Subjects||No of Question||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|1.||Quantitative Aptitude||35||35||20 minutes|
|2.||Reasoning Ability||35||35||20 minutes|
|3.||English/Hindi Language||30||30||20 minutes|
Why Quantitative Aptitude and Reasoning are Important?
In LIC Assistant exam, only the marks of Quantitative aptitude and Reasoning are taken in the cut-off marks. The qualifying nature of English/ Hindi allows a candidate to score around 16-17 marks out of 30 and there is no need to put extra efforts in this section.
Also, the Quantitative Aptitude and Reasoning has a total weightage of 70 out of 100 marks. However, the time alloted to every section is the same. So, a candidate need to keep their accuracy and time management as per the demand of the examination.
Tips to ace Quantitative and Reasoning Aptitude
Quants and Reasoning are the portions that demands intense practice and consistency. The section has several do’s and don’ts that can help you in easily cracking through the examination. This article is dedicated to support your prelims preparation, it can be helpful for the quants and reasoning section of mains as well. Here are some tips for the same:
Reasoning Ability: This section carries a total of 35 question of 35 marks. The question asked are generally tricky and only getting familiar with the pattern and syllabus can sail your through this section. Here are some ways that can help you:
- Follow questions of all Pattern from books, video lectures, live lectures and try to grab the shortest trick possible.
- Do not try to use calculative method as it will only waste your time. Reasoning section is meant for doing it through shortcuts.
- Practice questions with minimum timeframe as 35 marks are to be done in 20 minutes.
- Explore the previous year’s paper for getting an idea of the type of questions asked in the examination.
Quantitative Aptitude: Like the reasoning section, Quantitative aptitude too carries a total of 35 question of 35 marks. The Quants section demnads a lot of practice as you have to use calculation at various points that can be minimised by using various shortcuts and method.
- Try and apply shortcut tricks to solve the questions that will help you in solving the questions with efficiency.
- Shortcut tricks will help you in saving time and perform better.
- Go through the previous year’s paper to know about the scoring areas.
- Figure out the weak points that troubles you and invest more time in the preparation, if it is scoring.
- Follow books and video lectures for better understanding.
Plan: The first and foremost step after syllabus and previous year’s papers is a well planned strategy that can help you in covering the key areas as well helps you in defining and mananging the time.
Time management: This should be a priority concern as it will help you in dealing with the examination easily.
Mock and Speed test: The speed and mock test helps in maintaing speed and accuracy supproting your practice. Practice is the key to crack LIC Assistant exam. So keep on practicing as much mock as you can.