The knowledge of Static Awareness is very important for all govt. Examinations whether it is SSC, Banking or UPSC. The knowledge of Static Awareness and various important facts about different state can also give you an upper hand in interviews and cracking General Awareness section. Today, in brief, we will talk about the most naturally bestowed states in the country i.e. Maharashtra.
India’s third-largest and second-most populous state, Maharashtra is an expansive canvas showcasing many of India’s iconic attractions.
Capital – Mumbai
Chief Minister – Devendra Fadnavis
Governor – Chennamaneni Vidyasagar Rao
National Park in Maharashtra:
1. Sanjay Gandhi (Borivilli) National Park
2. Chandoli National Park
3. Gugamal National Park
Important Airports in Maharashtra:
1. Aurangabad Airport – Aurangabad
2. Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport – Mumbai
3. Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar International Airport – Nagpur
Important Stadiums in Maharashtra:
1. Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium (cricket stadium) – Pune
2. Wankhede Stadium (cricket stadium) – Mumbai
Important Facts about Maharashtra:
1. Gateway of India is in Mumbai City.
2. Nagpur is known as the Orange City.
3. Mumbai has many nicknames which include: Gateway of India, Hollywood of India, Maximum City.