A two-day international webinar on ‘Lokmanya Tilak – Swaraj to Self-Reliant India’ was inaugurated by Union Home Minister Shri Amit Shah. The webinar was organized on the occasion of 100th death anniversary of great freedom fighter Lokmanya Bal Gangadhar Tilak. The webinar was organised by the Indian Council for Cultural Relations in New Delhi.
Early life of Lokmanya Bal Gangadhar Tilak:
Bal Gangadhar Tilak was born on 23 July 1856 in an Indian Marathi Hindu Chitpavan Brahmin family in Ratnagiri, the headquarters of the Ratnagiri district of present-day Maharashtra (then Bombay Presidency). His real name was Keshav Gangadhar Tilak. He obtained his Bachelor of Arts in first class in Mathematics from Deccan College of Pune in 1877. He left his M.A. course of study midway to join the LL.B course instead, and in 1879 he obtained his LL.B degree from Government Law College. He died on 1st August 1920.
"Did you Know? In this pack you will get All new content we launch in the next 1 months"
This is the most recommended and NRA-CET ready Pack!
Use Code 'DREAM' to avail at the best price today
This package Includes IBPS PO Study Material - Subscribe Now
About Bank Mahapack
If you are preparing for more than 1 Banking & Insurance exams then this is the pack we recommend you buy.
It is most cost-effective and you get access to 100% digital content for Bank & Insurance exams on Adda247.
Banking & Insurance Exams Covered in this Pack
Additionally, you can crack any private bank job exam with content in this pack.
Bank & Insurance Mahapack Highlights
- Structured course content
- Recorded classes available if you miss any live class
- Previous Years’ Papers of all upcoming exams.
- Full Length Mocks based on the latest pattern with detailed solutions (video solutions for certain topics)
- Topic level knowledge tests
- Strategy sessions, time management & Preparation tips from the experts
Validity: 1 Month
- Unlimited Live Classes & Recorded Video Courses
- Unlimited Tests and eBooks
- 1 Lakh+ Selections
- 15 Months
- 9 Months
- 3 Months
- 27 Months
- 1 Month
- Commonwealth Human Rights Initiative Report on Slavery
- International Tiger Day 2020: History, significance and the India story
- Dibru-Saikhowa National Park: Read to know more
- National Thermal Engineer Day celebrated on 24 July: Read to know more
Contribution to Indian Struggle for Independence:
- One of the earliest and the most vocal proponents of complete independence or swarajya (self-rule).
- Gave the slogan of “Swaraj is my birthright and I shall have it!” during Indian struggle for independence.
- Along with Lala Lajpat Rai and Bipin Chandra Pal, he was part of the Lal-Bal-Pal trio of leaders with extremist outlooks.
- A book ‘Indian Unrest’ written by Valentine Chirol, an English journalist, stated Tilak the ‘father of Indian unrest’.
- Joined the Indian National Congress (INC) in 1890.
- Propagated swadeshi movements and encouraged people to boycott foreign goods.
- Indian Home Rule Movement was started in 1916, it is believed to have set the stage for the independence movement under the leadership of Annie Besant and Bal Gangadhar Tilak for the educated English speaking upper class Indians.
- The All India Home Rule League was founded by Tilak in April 1916 at Belgaum.
- It worked in Maharashtra (except Bombay), the Central Provinces, Karnataka and Berar.
- Lucknow Pact (1916) was signed between the INC headed by Tilak and All-India Muslim League led by Muhammad Ali Jinnah for hindu-muslim unity in nationalist struggle.
- Started newspapers namely, Kesari (Marathi) and Mahratta (English) and wrote books namely, Gita Rhasya and Arctic Home of the Vedas.
- 15th India-EU Virtual Summit 2020
- MOHUA announced results of Star rating of garbage-free cities
- HIV Vaccine Awareness Day
- 45th India Ideas Summit 2020
- Founder of the Deccan Education Society (1884) along with his associate Gopal Ganesh Agarkar and others.
- Popularised the Ganesh Chaturthi festival in the Maharashtra region.
Propounded the celebration of Shiv Jayanti on the birth anniversary of the monarch Chhatrapati Shivaji.
- Devout Hindu and used Hindu scriptures to rouse people to fight oppression.
- Bank eBook Plus Pack (12 Months)
- Bank Maha Pack Subscription (12 Months)