Directions (Q. 1 – 5): Rearrange the following seven sentences (A), (B), (C), (D), (E), (F) and (G) in the proper sequence to form a meaningful paragraph and then answer the questions given below.
A) Three in every four adults suffered from some form of headache disorder including migraine and tension type headaches last year.
B) Researchers reported an increased risk for overall cardiovascular disease in men, who experienced migraines compared to those who did not including an increase in heart attack risk.
C) Cold drink, drinking water and other beverages directly from plastic bottles could be giving millions of people around the world a serious headache.
D) The findings suggest that migraine sufferers might be able to reduce the frequency and severity of their headaches by changing their habits.
E) Bisphenol (a chemical), which has been linked to obesity, infertility and heart attacks has now been confirmed.
F) New research has confirmed that a chemical in synthetic packaging triggers migraines.
G) Thus we have found that over 10 crore people suffer from migraine in India.
1. Which of the following would be the FOURTH sentence after rearrangement?
2. Which of the following would be the FIRST sentence after rearrangement?
3. Which of the following would be the SIXTH sentence after rearrangement?
4. Which of the following would be the SECOND sentence after rearrangement?
5. Which of the following would be the FIFTH sentence after rearrangement?
Directions (Q. 6 – 10): In each of the following sentence there are two blank spaces. Below each sentence there are five pairs of words denoted by numbers 1), 2), 3), 4) and 5). Find out which pair of words can be filled up in the blanks in the sentence in the same sequence to make it meaningfully complete.
6. With our large area of ________ land and plentiful sunshine, India can become a major global power in ______.
a) forest, fishery
b) natural, greenery
c) arable, agriculture
d) water, horticulture
e) potential, geography
7. Ambition is one of those_________ which are never_________.
a) ides, prolonged
b) fancies, desired
c) needs, met
d) aspirations, availed
e) passions, satisfied
8. On account of the __________ of grass on the arid plains the cattle became_________.
a) dearth, emaciated
b) abundance, lured
c) hope, curious
d) emergence, aggressive
e) greenery, hungry
9. Government _________ on protecting wildlife has grown ___________ over the years.
a) expenses, proportionally
b) exchequer, immensely
c) budget, abruptly
d) expenditure, substantially
e) economy, rapidly
10. The protection of__________ is the most crucial _________ of wildlife conservation.
a) animals, significance
b) habitats, component
c) areas, figure
d) geography, development
e) tiger, fact
(1 – 5) C F E B D A G