The Pardhan Mantri Ujjawal Yojana scheme was launched in 2016 and revised in 2018 where the number of families was increased from 5 crores to 8 crores families till the FY 2019-20. The scheme is in an active status and has benefitted millions of BPL families of the nation. The objective of the scheme is to provide a free gas cylinder with a connection support of Rs. 1600 along with each connection. A total of 715 districts are covered under the scheme.
|Scheme Name||Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana|
|Type of the Scheme||Central Funded Scheme|
|Concerned Authority||India’s Government and Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas|
|Beneficiary||Women’s of Minority|
|Fund Allotted||800 Crores|
|No. of Districts||715|
|Status of Scheme||Active|
|Scheme Started By||Prime Minister Narendra Modi|
|Launch Date||May 1st, 2016|
|Aim||To Provide Free LPG|
- Government fixes privacy concern over “Aarogya Setu App”: Read complete detail here
- Bank Maha Pack Subscription (12 Months)
- Click Here to Visit Adda247.com for Study Material
According to the reports of the World Health Organisation, the smoke produced while cooking on firewood, charcoal, or any other material is equal to the amount of 400 cigarettes burned in an hour. This smoke produced is very harmful and dangerous for the health of the women and their families. Keeping this in concern, the government of India had launched the PM Ujjawal Yojana scheme for which the budget issued is around 8000 Crore. This scheme was launched on 1st May 2016 for the welfare of the rural families in the Ballia district of Uttar Pradesh by prime minister Narendra Modi.
Here we are discussing all about PM Ujjawal Yojna and how to apply for the scheme online.
Who can apply for PM Ujjawal Yojana 2020?
The eligibility criteria for the registration in the Pardhan Mantri Ujjawal Yojana for the free gas connection is set up with the following guidelines:
- An adult woman who belongs to a poor family where there is no LPG connection in the house.
- The age of the woman applying for the scheme must be more than 18 years.
- The woman should be an Indian citizen belonging to the rural section of the nation.
- The connection will be issued only in the name of the women of the family.
- The applicant families should avail the benefit under only one the scheme if found availing from any other scheme will be punishable.
How to apply for PMUY 2020?
The application form can be available online or offline in both English and Hindi languages. For an offline application form, one can visit nearest LPG distributor else download it with the following procedure:
- Visit the official website of Pradhan Mantri Ujjawal Yojna, i.e. https://pmuy.gov.in
- All types of the form will appear, click on the “download form” button, whichever form you require.
- Choose the language of the form as per your preference from the list.
- The pdf with the application form will appear on the screen
- Download the application form and get the print out of the form to fill it offline.
- After filling the form, submit the form to the nearest LPG distributor along with the identity proofs including aadhar card of all family members, Jandhan Bank Account, and address details.
Toll-Free Helpline Number: 1800 266 6696
After the submission of the application form, the verification process will be continued and upon the complete procedure of the eligibility of the applicant, the connections will be issued to the family by Oil Marketing Companies. One can check New list for free gas connection on the official website portal where the list of new beneficiaries will appear.
|How to Master Reading Comprehension to Score Maximum Marks?||Importance of Spoken English and How to Improve it?||SBI PO Prelims Study Plan 2020|