English Language is one section that scares most of the candidates as it doesn’t have a defined syllabus and anything can be asked from any topic of grammar but one topic that surely comes is Reading comprehensions and carries a lot of weighatge. Be it any exam like: SBI, IBPS or any other banking exam reading Comprehension is one such topic that majorly dominates the English Language section & you can easily expect approximately 10-15 marks questions from this section. This topic not only dominates in prelims but in Mains as well we have seen that a major chunk of 20-25 marks out of 40 are allocated to this topic. Students cannot afford to give it a cold shoulder to this topic and sail through this recruitment process. The number of marks given to makes it important from exam point of view and you can understand the importance of this topic in clearing both the stages of prelims as well as mains of banking sector recruitment. In this article, we will be discussing how you can master reading comprehension.
This package Includes IBPS PO Study Material - Subscribe Now
About Bank Mahapack
If you are preparing for more than 1 Banking & Insurance exams then this is the pack we recommend you buy.
It is most cost effective and you get access to 100% digital content for Bank & Insurance exams on Adda247.
Banking & Insurance Exams Covered in this Pack
IBPS RRB Mains, IBPS CLERK, IBPS PO, LIC ASSISTANT, IBPS SO, IBPS PO Mains, SBI PO, SBI Clerk, Assistant, IBPS RRB PO Prelims etc.
Additionally you can crack any private bank job exam with content in this pack.
What all You Get
- All Interactive Live Classes by best teachers
- All Recorded Video Courses designed by experts
- All Tests Series
- All eBooks
- Doubt Clearing by experts
- Personality Development Courses like Spoken English, Interview Techniques and more...
Bank & Insurance Mahapack Highlights
- Structured course content
- Recorded classes available if you miss any live class
- Previous Years’ Papers of all upcoming exams.
- Full Length Mocks based on the latest pattern with detailed solutions (video solutions for certain topics)
- Topic level knowledge tests
- Strategy sessions, time management & Preparation tips from the experts
- Language: English & Hindi Medium
- Unlimited Live Classes & Recorded Video Courses
- Unlimited Tests and eBooks
- 1 Lakh+ Selections
- 12 Months
- 6 Months
- 1 Month
- 3 Months
|Arogya Setu Mobile App: What Is It, Features, Benefits, Uses And How To Download||Coronavirus Tips- How to Improve Immunity to Fight COVID-19 ?||Guidelines for lockdown 2.0: List of Industries and sectors that will open and remain closed|
Reading the newspaper
Start reading the newspaper if you haven’t started yet. This is the first step to prepare for this topic. Read “The Hindu” editorials and “Economic Times. These are some good newspapers that will push your boundaries and will help you to come out of your comfort zone. Read all sorts of articles from all fields like Science and Technology, Politics, Psychology, History, etc. One field that you must target is economics and for that you can refer to Economic Times.
|SBI PO 2020: Preparation Tips, Strategy, & Study Plan||Best Approach Towards Solving Error Detection In Banking Exam||How to Target SBI PO 2020|
Build your vocabulary
Based on the type of questions asked in the recently held exams, like RBI Assistant Prelims, NABARD Office attendant and many more, comprised of vocabulary based questions like antonym, synonym, etc.
Take as many tests as possible to rectify all your mistakes before the actual exam. Mock tests help you find out your weak areas and also give you detailed analyses of your performance like time taken per question etc. These exams have time constraints hence you must improve your reading speed with accuracy. You can check updated mock test for bank exams on Adda247 Store.
How to approach a reading comprehension?
- Go through all the questions first and find the keywords in them.
- Now start reading the passage and find those keywords.
- Whenever you see a keyword while reading the passage, read the question of that particular keyword again to find out if you can now answer that question. If you can then mark your answer and if not keep on reading the passage to find the other position of that keyword.
- This might seem a lengthy process, but it will save a lot of your time in prelims if you practice with this approach.
|SBI PO 2020||IBPS PO 2020||SBI Clerk 2020||IBPS Clerk 2020|
|RBI Grade B 2020||RBI Assistant 2020||LIC AAO & AE||SEBI Grade A 2020|