PM Narendra Modi Europe Visit: The prime minister visited Germany on May 2, 2022, and Denmark from May 3-4, 2022. There he also participated in the Second India-Nordic Summit. On the way back to India, he made a brief stopover in Paris, France.
Some Static facts
|Germany||Olaf Scholz (chancellor)||Frank-Walter Steinmeier||Berlin||Euro|
|Norway||Jonas Gahr Store||Monarch- King Harald V||Oslo||Norwegian krone|
|Sweden||Magdalena Andersson||Monarch- Carl XVI Gustaf||Stockholm||Swedish krona|
|Finland||Sauli Niinisto||Sanna Marin||Helsinki||Euro / Finnish markka|
|Iceland||Katrín Jakobsdóttir||Guðni Th. Johannesson||Reykjavik||Icelandic krona|
|France||Jean Castex||Emmanuel Macron||Paris||Euro|
Highlights of the PM Narendra Modi Europe Visit
India and Germany
- India and Germany signed a total of nine agreements on green energy, sustainable development, hydrogen task force, and forest landscape restoration, among others.
- JDI on Green and Sustainable Development Partnership
- Germany expressed its intention to provide financial and technical cooperation including concessional loans of up to 1 billion EUR from 2020 to 2025 depending on high-quality project preparation and the availability of funds.
- Establish lighthouse cooperation on “Agroecology and Sustainable Management of Natural Resources”. Germany expressed its intention to provide financial and technical cooperation including concessional loans of up to 300 million EUR until 2025 depending on high-quality project preparation and the availability of funds.
- Further examine collaboration on Green Energy Corridors, e.g. the Leh-Haryana transmission line and the project of a carbon-neutral Ladakh.
- Collaboration between the National Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) of India and Robert-Koch-Institute (RKI) of Germany in providing technical support for the establishment of Bio-safety level IV laboratory (BSL-4) in Banda, UP for testing of highly pathogenic organisms.
2nd India Nordic Summit
- PM Modi participated in the second India-Nordic Summit along with Denmark, Iceland, Finland, Sweden, and Norway’s counterparts
Germany in news
- Nord Stream 2 is a 1,200-km pipeline that extends, through the Baltic Sea, from Ust-Luga in Russia to Greifswald in Germany. This pipeline will be carrying 55 billion cubic meters of gas annually. In the year 2015, the decision to build this pipeline was taken.
- Germany launched World’s First Self-Driving Train.
- German President, Frank-Walter Steinmeier has been re-elected for a second term of five years by a special parliamentary assembly.
France in news
- Marine Le Pen has been defeated by Emmanuel Macron to be re-elected as the President of France.
- The 20th edition of the bilateral naval exercise that is named ‘Varuna’ is being conducted by India and France in the Arabian Sea.
- According to SIPRI ‘2021 Trends in International Arms Transfers Report.
- Five largest arms importers. U.S., Russia, France, China, & Germany were the five biggest arms exporters.
- The Navies of India and France will carry out the 6th edition of the biennial training exercise “EX SHAKTI 2021”
- Scientists and experts in France have reportedly identified a new variant of COVID-19 termed ‘IHU’
- French president, Emmanuel Macron has announced that France and its European partners will start the military withdrawal from Mali after more than nine years of fighting a jihadist insurgency.
- India and France have inked a roadmap to enhance their bilateral exchanges on the blue economy and ocean governance.
Norway in news
- The military exercise ‘Cold Response 2022’ has been organized by the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) in Norway.
|SBI Clerk Notification 2022||LIC Assistant Notification 2022|