PNB SO Salary 2020: The post of the specialist officer is one of the highly admired posts for which every year lakhs of candidates appear for the exams. The Specialist Officer have a challenging work profile and career growth and a handsome salary. Every year Punjab National Bank releases vacancies of Specialist Officers at various posts. This year 535 vacancies have been released for which the candidates can apply for the recruitmnet till 29th September 2020. Punjab National Bank SO position is a very good profile a candidate can attain. This post comes with a nice salary package, a good number of perks and benefits. PNB Specialist Officer has a good career growth with numerous promotions within the bank depending upon their overall performance. Read out the complete article to know every detail about the salary of PNB SO post along with the benefits, perks, and job profile.
PNB Bank as a Specialist Officer – Benefits
- Good salary package
- Fixed working hours
- Loan facilities with low interest
- Job security
- A significant number of leaves
- Medical benefits and handsome retirement plans
- Compensation on purchase, traveling, and education of their children
PNB SO Salary Structure 2020
The basic pay of PNB SO starts from Rs. 23700/-. The basic pay along with the increments of the Specialist Officer Post according to 10th Bipartite Settlement, as announced in May 2015, is as depicted in the table below:
|Scale||Basic Pay||Increment (in years)|
|I||Rs.23,700/-||980(7)- Rs.30,560 – 1145(2) – Rs.32,850 -1310(7) – Rs.42,020|
|II||Rs.31,705/-||1145(1) – Rs.32,850 – 1310(10) – Rs.45,950|
|III||Rs.42,020/-||1310(5) – Rs.48,570 – 1460(2) – Rs.51,490|
|IV||Rs.50,030/-||1460(4) – Rs.55,870 – 1650(2) – Rs.59,170|
|V||Rs.59,170/-||1650(2) – Rs.62,470 – 1800(2) – Rs.66,070|
|VI||Rs.68,680/-||1960(4) – Rs.76,520|
|VII||Rs.76,520/-||2120(4) – Rs.85,000|
Pay Scale for the vacancies released
|Post Name||Number of vacancy||Pay Scale (Rs.)|
|Manager (Risk)||160||31705 – 45950/|
|Manager (Civil )||08|
|Senior Manager (Risk)||40||42020 – 51490/-|
|Senior Manager (Credit)||50||42020 – 51490/-|
Allowances with the SO Salary 2020
The selected candidate for the post of Specialist Officer are also provided with other allowance beside the basic pay and these are described below;
|Allowances Added in Salary||Percentage Value|
|Dearness Allowances (DA)||36% of Basic Pay
|House Rent Allowances (HRA)||7%, 8% or 9% percent of Basic Pay|
|City Compensatory Allowances(CCA)||0%, 3% or 4%|
|Provident Fund (PF) Contribution||Rs.3000-Rs.3500|
PNB Specialist Officer Job Profile
The roles and responsibilities of a Punjab National Bank Specialist Officer depends upon the area of its specialization. Below are described job profile for various posts of Specialist Officer in Punjab National Bank.
1. IT Specialist Officer: IT Specialist Officer has the responsibility to manage both software and hardware work in the bank, whether it is related to ATM, net banking or mobile banking. They are responsible to manage the database of the customers and provide network security to their money. Usually, those candidates who have completed their graduation in Engineering are eligible for IT officer position.
2. Agricultural Field Specialist Officer: The responsibility of Agricultural Field Specialist Officer is to provide bank related information to all the farmers including cultivators too and encouraging them to opt banking services. His job is also to update them about all the latest technologies like Greenhouse and Hi-Tech Farming and also explaining them with the related financial product like Kisan Credit card.
3. Marketing Specialist Officer: The major role of a Marketing Officer in banks, is to improve the market presence and profits of the bank through marketing campaigns and various promotional activities.
4. HR/Personnel Officer: They are responsible for the hiring of the candidates in the banks. Their job is to handle the induction and training process of new employees and the creation of salary accounts etc.
5. Lawyer as Specialist Officer: Specialist Officer as a lawyer in the bank is responsible for providing the legal assistance and preparing legal documents for the bank and its branches.
6. Chartered Accountant as Specialist Officer: Chartered Accountant in the bank has the responsibility to do the auditing-related work of the clients and they are the head of the entire accounting related job in the bank. They also monitor financial profit and loss inside the bank, in terms of finance.
Hope, your doubhts are clear about the job profile, salary, and responsibilities of a Specialist Officer in banks. If your educational qualification matches with the eligibility criteria, you can apply for the Specialist Officer exam.