The Ministry of Finance has released a report on Press Information Bereau pib.gov.in on the progress of initiatives launched under the Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Package. The press release has highlighted that around 39 crore poor people received financial assistance of Rs 34,800 crore under the PMGKP.
Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Package- Progress so far
The following are the key highlights of the relief aid provided to people under Pradhan Mantri Garkib Kalyan Package
- Rs 16,394 crore front loaded towards payment of the first instalment of PM-KISAN to 8.19 crore beneficiaries.
- Rs 10,025 crore credited to 20.05 crore (98.33%) women Jan Dhan account holders as first instalment. The number of women PMJDY accounts holders whose accounts have been debited by customer induced transaction is 8.72 crore (44%). Rs. 2,785 crore credited to 5.57 crore women Jan Dhan account holders with second instalment as on 5th May.
- Rs 1405 crore disbursed to about 2.82 crore old age persons, widows and disabled persons. Benefits transferred to all 2.812 crore beneficiaries.
- 2.20 crore Building & Construction Workers received financial support amounting to Rs 3492.57 crore.
|COVID-19 Cases in India Cross 49,000||SEBI Grade A Syllabus 2020 – Check Complete Syllabus & Exam Pattern||List of Presidents of India||Success Story of Shruti Hans Selected in FCI Assistant, IBPS RRB PO and LIC Assistant 2019|
- So far 67.65 Lakh MT of food grains have been lifted by 36 States/UTs for April. 30.16 LMT of foodgrains have been distributed, covering 60.33 crore beneficiaries by 36 States/UTs for April 2020. 6.19 LMT of food grains have been distributed, covering 12.39 crore beneficiaries by 22 States/UTs for May 2020.
- 2.42 LMT of Pulses have also been dispatched to various states/UTs. Pulses have been distributed so far to 5.21 crore household beneficiaries out of 19.4 crore such beneficiaries.
- Total 5.09 crore Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana (PMUY) cylinders have been booked under this scheme so far and 4.82 crore PMUY free cylinders already delivered to beneficiaries.
- 9.6 Lakh members of Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) has taken benefit of online withdrawal of non-refundable advance from EPFO account amounting to 2985 crore.
- 24% EPF contribution transferred to 44.97 Lakh employees account amounting to Rs 698 crore
- Increased rate of MGNREGA has been notified w.e.f 01-04-2020 . In the current financial year, 5.97 Crore person’s man-days of work generated. Further, Rs 21,032 crore released to States to liquidate pending dues of both wage and material.
- Insurance Scheme for Health workers in Government Hospitals and Health Care Centres has been operationalised by New India Assurance covering 22.12 Lakh health workers.
- GAME CHANGER | Current Affairs, Burning Issues & Static Awareness Batch for SBI, RRB, RBI and IBPS Exams | Bilingual | Live Class
- SBI Clerk Mains 2020 Online Test Series
The Rs. 1.70 Lakh crore plan was released in March 2020 to provide relief aid to the poor and needy amid coronavirus crisis in the nation. The Ministry of Finance has also released details on Total Direct Benefit Transfer till 05/05/2020 as given below-
|Scheme||Number of Beneficiaries||Amount|
|Support to PMJDY women account holders||1st Ins – 20.05 crore (98.3%)
2nd Ins – 5.57 crore
|1st Ins – 10025 crore
2nd Ins – 2785 crore
|Support to NSAP (Aged widows, Divyang, Senior citizen)||2.82 crore (100%)||1405 crore|
|Front-loaded payments to farmers under PM-KISAN||8.19 crore||16394 crore|
|Support to Building & Other Construction workers||2.20 crore||3493 crore|
|24% contribution to EPFO||.45 crore||698 crore|
|TOTAL||39.28 crore||34800 crore|