| Updated On November 11th, 2019 at 11:34 am
LIC has released the notification for LIC Assistant Exam 2019. The prelims stage of LIC Assistant has already been held on 30th and 31st October 2019. Candidates must have performed well in the LIC Assistant Prelims exam as the question paper was of moderate level. To analyze their performance, aspirants can check LIC Assistant Prelims Exam Analysis 2019. If you have attempted the prelims exam with little accuracy, you must start preparing for the mains stage of LIC Assistant 2019. LIC Assistant Mains exam demands a different approach as the mains pattern and challenges are very different than the LIC Assistant Prelims Exam. The LIC Assistant mains exam is to be conducted in November end or December.
"Did you Know? In this pack you will get All new content we launch in the next 1 months"
This is the most recommended and NRA-CET ready Pack!
Use Code 'DREAM' to avail at the best price today
This package Includes IBPS PO Study Material - Subscribe Now
About Bank Mahapack
If you are preparing for more than 1 Banking & Insurance exams then this is the pack we recommend you buy.
It is most cost-effective and you get access to 100% digital content for Bank & Insurance exams on Adda247.
Banking & Insurance Exams Covered in this Pack
Additionally, you can crack any private bank job exam with content in this pack.
Bank & Insurance Mahapack Highlights
- Structured course content
- Recorded classes available if you miss any live class
- Previous Years’ Papers of all upcoming exams.
- Full Length Mocks based on the latest pattern with detailed solutions (video solutions for certain topics)
- Topic level knowledge tests
- Strategy sessions, time management & Preparation tips from the experts
Validity: 1 Month
- Unlimited Live Classes & Recorded Video Courses
- Unlimited Tests and eBooks
- 1 Lakh+ Selections
- 15 Months
- 9 Months
- 3 Months
- 27 Months
- 1 Month
What comes in the mind of aspirants is that how they will make it through the LIC Assistant Mains exam 2019. The LIC Assistant Mains Exam 2019 consist of 5 sections: Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning Ability/ Computer Aptitude, General/ Financial Awareness, English and Hindi Language that carries a total of 200 marks. We will first take you to the exam pattern to get you insight about the examination.
LIC Assistant Mains Exam Pattern 2019:
The pattern for LIC Assistant Mains Exam is as follows:
|S.No.||Sections||Number of questions||Marks||Time|
|1||Reasoning Ability & Computer Aptitude||40||40||30|
|2||General/ Financial Awareness||40||40||30|
LIC Assistant Mains Preparation Strategy 2019
The mains exam have sectional cut-off and timings, so an aspirant needs to give importance to each section that can only make him/her to sail through the exam.
Section-Wise Strategy for LIC Assistant Mains 2019
Reasoning Ability & Computer Aptitude: This section can carries a total of 40 question of 40 marks. Reasoning demands practice. It is best if you use short tricks and try to solve as many mock as possible. The Computer Aptitude is a very easy area as it only demands basic knowledge of computer
Important Topics of Reasoning:
- Similarities and differences,
- Spatial arrangement
- Decision making,
- Verbal and figure classification,
- Coding and decoding,
- Syllogistic reasoning.
Important Topics of Computer Aptitude:
- Basic of Computers,
- Computer Organization,
- Input & Output Device,
- Shortcuts Keys
- Basic knowledge MS word, MS Excel, MS power point,
- Memory Orientation,
- Computer Abbreviations
General/ Financial Awareness: Most of the banking and insurance examination demands financial and banking awareness knowledge and so their mains exam do have General/ Financial Awareness section. In LIC Assistant Mains exam, the General/ Financial Awareness carries a total of 40 question each carrying 1 marks. The level of question is almost moderate. Candidate need to read a newspaper daily. Also, it is recommended to read a monthly General Awareness Magazine.
Topics to be covered for General/ Financial Awareness:
- National Current Affairs
- International Current Affairs
- Person in News/ Awards
- Economy Current Affairs
- Important organizations : SEBI, RBI
- Schemes launched by governments related to banking and finance
- Organizations:RBI; NABARD; Planning Commission; 5 year plans; Finance Commission; World Bank
- Economic/ Financial terms & concepts: GDP; GNP; PPP; HDI; Inflation; WPI; CPI; IIP; SLR; CRR; Repo rate; Reverse Repo; Bank rate; Mutual Funds, Open Market Operations; Money supply
- Different kind of accounts and corresponding interest rates
- NPA and SARFAESI
- Acts, Committees & legislation: Budget, Railway Budget; Companies Bill 2013
- Banking services: Assets, liabilities and working capital of a bank; NEFT; RTGS; Banking Correspondence agents;
- BASEL norms
- Types of Markets, Money and banking instruments
- Banking Abbreviations, terms and concepts.
- Headquarters of Banks
Quantitative Aptitude: The quants section carries a total of 40 question each carrying 1 marks. It has generally the same syllabus as the other banking examination. Practice can make a big difference in your selection process. If you are confident enough to clear prelims, you must have gone the quant section and so must need a polishing touch.
Topics to be covered for Quantitative Aptitude:
- Data Interpretation: around 10 questions
- Series: 3-5 Questions
- Data Sufficiency: 3 Questions
- Quadratic Equation: 2-4 questions.
- Miscellaneous: 5-8 Question (Ratio, Percentage, Mensuration, Algebra
English and Hindi: Both these section demands the knowledge of grammar. Although a little practice can help you in clearing the cut-off. This section are the most error-prone, so try to attempt questions that you know. Every small mistakes count. The important area to focus are: error spotting, sentence formation, reading comprehension, etc.
Check the LIC Assistant Mains Test Series below that includes full length mock as well.