RBI Grade B Phase II Exam is to be held on 1st-2nd December 2019. The RBI Grade B exam for phase I is already held on 9th November 2019. All those who have gone through the RBI Grade B Phase 1 examination for Shift 1 and Shift 2 must check RBI Grade B Phase I exam analysis 2019. There are a total of 199 vacancies for RBI Grade B (General), RBI Grade B (DEPR) and RBI Grade B (DSIM). Aspirants are advised to start preparing for the mains examination as less than a month is left for the Phase II examination. It is not going to be easy to sail through the Phase II of RBI Grade B Exam but with a well planned strategy, you can make through it in the time available.
RBI Grade B Phase 2 Exam Pattern 2019
RBI Grade B exam for Phase II is very different than the Phase I, so it is necessary for a candidate to go through the exam pattern to get an insight of the same. Here is the RBI Grade B Phase 2 Exam Pattern 2019:
|Name of the Paper||Type of the Paper||Time (Mins)||Marks|
|Paper I (Economic & Social Issues)||Objective Type||90||100|
|Paper II (English- Writing Skills)||Descriptive (to be typed with the help of keyboard)||90||100|
|Paper III (Finance & Management)||Objective Type||90||100|
There are three papers in RBI Grade B examination which is mandatory for the post of RBI General Grade B: Paper I, II & III. RBI (DEPR) & RBI (DSIM) have to give just paper II & III.
RBI Grade B Phase 2 Preparation
RBI Grade B Mains (Phase II) exam 2019 has three papers: Paper I, II & III. Paper I & III are objective and Paper II is descriptive in nature. So for acing RBI Grade B phase II exam, you need to focus deeply on the key areas. You just don’t have to maintain your MCQ solving skills but also have to work on the writing skills for the descriptive examination.
Paper I (Economics & Social Issues)
This paper need extensive basic as well as ground level knowledge of economics. Here are some tips:
- You should read the economics/business section of standard newspaper.
- Read basic books to clear your concept related to the subject.
- Read the recent economic survey and budget issued by the government of India.
- You can go through the syllabus and search Google for social issues topic which can clear your concept as well as make notes of the fact provided in it. Read NCERT for the same.
Paper II (English): Descriptive
This section consist of essay, precis writing & comprehension. Comprehension is an easy topic which can easily fetch you marks. Read some sample comprehension as well as keep on reading newspaper, it can help you a lot in improving comprehension skills.
English section does not need a deep knowledge. A little effort can make you crack this section. Practice as many essays and previous year’s question and compare your answers on the material available on internet. This will let you know the level of understanding this exam demands.
Paper III (Finance & Management)
This portion can be a hard nut to crackle for the students who don’t have economics background. However, you can still make through this section. Here are some tips:
- Read basic books on Indian Financial System
- Prepare balance sheet, and numerical related to finance.
- Internet rate of return, Bond yield, coupon rate, etc are the areas that demands the use of internet.
- For management part, read the syllabus and google the topics from that to get a comprehensive knowledge demanded by RBI Grade B exam.
So, aspirants all the best for the upcoming RBI Grade B Phase II examination 2019. Hope this article helps you. For more details keep yourself updated with bankersadda.
Other General Tips:
RBI Grade B Phase II exam demands a lot of efforts and dedication. Here are some tips that you can go through to sail through this.
- Practice as many mock as possible. This follows not only in the case of objective test but also in the case of descriptive paper.
- Prepare a schedule for 3 Papers simultaneously. Do not miss a single paper as it can make you fail in the long run.
- Do not miss reading newspaper for a single day.
- Read monthly economic and current affairs magazine to supplement whatever if left out.
- Practice writing on different issues that will help you in sailing through the Paper II of the RBI Grade B Phase II