SBI Clerk English Syllabus: Today in this article we will be discussing the SBI Clerk English Language Syllabus for prelims as well as mains exam. Knowing the syllabus helps the candidates in identifying and analyzing the topics that should be prepared. It is very important to be aware of SBI Clerk English Syllabus so that the preparation can be done in the right manner. The State Bank Of India conducts the SBI Clerk exam in two phases. In the first phase, a preliminary exam of 100 marks is conducted with a time limit of 60 minutes. The SBI Clerk English Syllabus is similar for prelims as well as mains exam with the only difference in the difficulty level of the exam.
SBI Clerk English Syllabus, Topic, Questions & Preparation Tips
The English Language section can be a game changer and can improve your overall score if prepared wisely. It is that section in which you can attempt all the questions within a allotted time window. The syllabus for SBI Clerk prelims as well as mains exam is common with a basic difference of types of questions asked and the difficulty level. Questions can be framed in multiple ways to check the core knowledge of aspirants in the SBI Clerk mains exam. The detailed syllabus for English section for SBI Clerk is given below.
- Reading Comprehension: The questions asked from the reading comprehension are mainly 5-6 in the prelims exam. In the SBI Clerk mains exam, at least two RCs are given. To answer these questions candidate will get a brief paragraph. Types of questions followed are inference-based, direct, synonym, antonym, filler, etc. Candidates who have a reading habit can easily score marks in this topic.
- Cloze Test: This contains a paragraph with fillers in between where options will be available to select a suitable option. In the cloze test, basically vocabulary is tested. In this topic as well your reading habits will play a major role
- Para jumbles: Candidates will have to arrange the sentence in a meaningful manner.
- Sentence Correction: A sentence is given and a part of the sentence contains an error. You have to figure out the error and pick the correct choice from the option. To solve this topic it is necessary that you should have basic knowledge of the rules of grammar.
- Paragraph Completion: A paragraph will be provided to the students in which they have to complete the same with suitable options.
- Error Detection: It includes sentences that are broken into parts mostly grammar or vocabulary-based are mentioned as options. Candidates have to choose the correct part which contains errors.
- Fill in the blanks: Fill in the blanks is something that you are already familiar with. Here you have to fill the blanks with relevant words from the option.
- Vocabulary: Word meanings and the opposite of the meaning of the given word also is a part of this section. Questions from this topic are seen in the Cloze test or RC as well.
SBI Clerk English Syllabus Read In Hindi
SBI Clerk English Syllabus: Type Of Questions
For the reference of candidates we have provided the kind of questions asked in SBI Clerk exam from topics like para jumbles and error detection.
Directions (1-5): Rearrange the given sentence (A), (B), (C), (D), (E) and (F) to form a meaningful paragraph and answer the questions that follow.
(A) Others only have difficulty with speaking – indicating damage to the frontal lobe.
(B) It also impacts how they understand written words and their ability to read and to write.
(C) Some people with aphasia only have difficulty understanding language – a result of damage to the temporal lobe.
(D) Aphasia is a communication disorder that affects someone’s ability to speak or understand speech.
(E) Temporal lobe governs how sound and language are processed in the brain.
(F) A loss of both speaking and comprehension of language would suggest damage to both the large temporal lobe and frontal lobe.
Q1. Which of the following will be the FIRST sentence of the rearranged paragraph?
Q2. Which of the following will be the LAST sentence of the rearranged paragraph?
Q3. Which of the following will be the THIRD sentence of the rearranged paragraph?
Q4. Which of the following will be the FIFTH sentence of the rearranged paragraph?
Q5. What will be the correct sequence of the given sentences?
Directions (1-5): Read each sentence to find out whether there is any grammatical or idiomatic error in it. The error, if any, will be in one part of the sentence. The number of that part is the answer. If there is ‘No error’, the answer is (e). (Ignore errors of punctuation, if any).
Q1. Ramesh along with his friends (A)/ is going to have (B)/a party in his apartment (C) /after the office (D)/.No Error (E)
(e) No Error
Q2.Many studies suggest (A)/that the number (B)/of Corona Virus patients (C)/is grow day by day (D)/.No Error (E)
(e) No Error
Q3. Along with the letters there (A)/ are answers written by people (B)/who is supposed to know (C)/ how to solve such problems (D).
(e) No Error
Q4. Someone once suggested that (A)/a great many children faces the hard problem (B) /of learning good table (C)/manners without seeing any (D)./ No Error (E)
(e) No Error
Q5. Although the students were (A)/ allowed a fifteen minute (B)/ break, but none of (C)/them left the room(D)./No Error (E)
(e) No Error
SBI Clerk English Preparation Strategy
English Language is the section from which most of the candidates try to maintain a distance but it is also true that if you want to clear this exam then you must clear all your concepts to perform well in the exam. We have provided below the link for SBI Clerk English Preparation Strategy, candidates can check that post by clicking on the link given below
SBI Clerk English Preparation Strategy: Check here
|SBI Clerk Recruitment Notification 2022||SBI Clerk Salary 2022|
|SBI Clerk Eligibility 2022||SBI Clerk Section Wise Schedule|
|SBI Clerk Exam Pattern & Syllabus 2022|
FAQs: SBI Clerk English Syllabus
Q.1 What is SBI clerk English syllabus?
Ans SBI Clerk English syllabus is provided in the article above for prelims and mains examination.
Q.2 How can we prepare for English section?
Ans You can prepare for English section by following the SBI Clerk English Preparation strategy for which the link is provided in the article above.