SBI Clerk 2020 Preparation tips: The State Bank of India has released the admit cards for SBI Clerk Prelims and the online exam will be conducted on 22nd Feb, 29th Feb, 1st March and 8th March. All the aspirants who have applies for SBI Clerk 2020 recruitment should go through these tips and strategies which can be very helpful in your preparation to crack SBI Clerk 2020 Prelims Exam. The detailed strategy and topics that you should prepare for the SBI Clerk Prelims Online exam are given below.
- SBI Clerk Admit Card 2020 Released: Download here from this direct link
- Click here to check SBI Clerk salary & growth profile
Cracking banking or SBI exam is no piece of cake. Hardwork or rigrous practice alone can not make a student pass the exam, it demands maximum score to clear the overall cut off which will be decided by the State Bank Of India authority. One needs a smart SBI Clerk preparation plan which includes everything from scracth level to advance level covering all must do topics and scoring sections. Keep reasing this article to get the smart tips for SBI Clerk preparation 2020.
SBI Clerk preparation 2020: How to prepare for SBI Clerk 2020
Before starting the preparation, one should get the overview of the SBI Clerk exam so that important things remain fresh in your mind.
|Levels||Two: Preliminary, Mains and LPT|
|Mode of exam||Online|
|Level of difficulty||Moderate-Difficult|
|Negative Marking||yes (In Both)|
|Time Duration||1 hour for Prelims and 160 minutes for Mains (Separately)|
|Maximum Marks||100 marks for prelims and 200 for mains|
|Language proficiency test||qualifying in nature (will be conducted after mains exam)|
SBI Clerk 2020 Exam Pattern (Prelims)
Preliminary Examination consisting of Objective Tests for 100 marks is conducted online. This test is of 1-hour duration consisting of 3 Sections (with separate timings for each section) as follows:
|S.No.||Name of Tests(Objective||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|1||English Language||30||30||20 minutes|
|2||Quantitative Aptitude||35||35||20 minutes|
|3||Reasoning Ability||35||35||20 minutes|
Candidates must clear the cut off to be eligible for the SBI Clerk mains examination. Now, when you have fair idea about the SBI Clerk exam pattern, let us formulate SBI Clerk preparation plan accordingly. You can also check SBI Clerk Prelims Exam Pattern in detail.
Section wise preparation strategy for SBI Clerk
In the English Section, you have got enough of the time to solve the questions efficiently, i.e., 20 minutes for 30 questions. Earlier, students used to have a mindset of doing with the English section within 10-15 minutes and thereby solving the questions of the Quantitative Aptitude or Reasoning Ability Section that are comparatively complex and time-consuming. But, to their dismay, this strategy won’t be working anymore as 20 minutes out of the total 60 minutes have to be given solely to the English Section as per the official notification.
- Practice more and more questions on Adda247 Mobile App.
- You still have time to grasp the maximum of basics of this language so, make the best out of this time so you manage to attempt the maximum number of questions in this section in the examination.
- Do keep in mind that accuracy should be the priority while you attempt this section, as, many of you would try to attempt the maximum number of the questions in this section which, kind of, gives you the maximum average time for each question (20 minutes for 30 questions).
- Those who think they are weak in English can choose to attempt Reading Comprehension as they will have enough time to read and understand it thoroughly. The good thing about the RC is that it doesn’t test English grammar, and one can do it easily by making use of her/ his comprehending skills.
- Reading comprehension too should be attempted in a way that you attempt questions based on vocab and phrases first and then the questions that need a deep penetration through the paragraphs.
- The important topics for cloze test are subject-verb agreement, preposition, and verbs. These topics may help you deal with some other questions too that will be based on grammar. So make sure that you have these topics at your fingertips before you appear for this exam.
Quantitative Aptitude Section:
Earlier, students used to spend 25-27 minutes (on an average) on this section, but unfortunately, that is not going to be the case this time. As SBI has already restricted the time to do this particular section to just 20 minutes, you really need to break your back in order to attain good marks in Quantitative Aptitude Section.
- This section needs the maximum of your hard work and travail as the questions asked in this section are calculative and very time-consuming and you will have only 20 minutes for a total of 35 questions.
- The key is to attempt the quizzes on Adda247 App on a regular basis, without skipping a single day.
- In the examination, attempt the questions on Quadratic Equations, Simplification, and Approximation, and Number Series first as you would be able to solve the maximum number of questions within minimum time.
- After having attempted all these questions efficiently, go for Data Interpretation. In every DI 3 questions are always doable and the rest two are a bit tricky and calculative. So, try to attempt at least those 3 questions with accuracy.
- Rest of the questions will be based on arithmetic miscellaneous topics like CI & SI, Time and Work, Pipes, and Cisterns, Partnership, etc. Time will be running short and if you are left with some, then attempt these questions too in the end.
This section is still a big sigh of relief to the students as, even before the introduction of sectional timing, students would give 20 minutes on an average to this section. Reasoning Ability is an onerous section, and with the increasing complexity of questions, it becomes hard for one to give it the cold shoulder. The only way to make the grade in this section in the forthcoming exam of SBI Clerk Prelims Exam is to practice with all your heart and soul.
- Attempt the maximum number of questions in Reasoning Section in minimum time by attempting the difficult puzzles in the end.
- Start with the questions that are not in the form of puzzles, you can choose to start with questions based on inequalities, direction and distance, syllogism, coding-decoding, alphanumeric series, and other such random topics.
- Then try to start with puzzles that appear easy to be solved and proceed with moderate and difficult puzzles in a similar way.
Prepare for SBI Clerk With Adda247 Online Mocks
Looking for the benefits of the online mocks? Check the complete details.
- Helps in maintianing three main factors for every online banking exam
- Gives you a real exam like experience
- Helps in boosting Confidence
- Makes you familiar with the trending exam pattern