The State Bank Of India has published the SBI PO Admit Card for the prelims exam on its official website. The SBI PO Prelims exam 2021 is scheduled to be held on 20th, 21st, and 27th November 2021. Candidates who will appear in the SBI PO prelims exam 2021 must have started their preparation for the examination. The SBI will recruit a number of 2056 candidates based on the prelims exam, mains exam, and interview round. All the candidates who will qualify the prelims exam will be called for the mains examination. Today in this article we will provide the SBI PO English Language Syllabus for prelims exam to the candidates as knowing the detailed syllabus helps the students in identifying and analyzing the topics that should be prepared and at what time.
SBI PO English Language Syllabus For Prelims Exam
The English language section plays a very important role for the candidates in uplifting their overall makes. If this section is prepared well and practiced well, then a candidate can definitely improve his/her overall mark in the examination. The detailed syllabus for the English Language section for SBI PO prelims exam 2021 is mentioned below.
- Reading Comprehension: The questions asked from the reading comprehension are mainly 5-6. To answer these questions candidate will get a brief paragraph. Types of questions followed are inference-based, direct, synonym, antonym, filler, etc.
- Error Detection: It includes sentences that are broken into parts mostly grammar or vocabulary-based are mentioned as options. Candidates have to choose the correct part which contains errors.
- Cloze Test: This contains a paragraph with fillers in between where options will be available to select a suitable option.
- Para jumbles: Candidates will have to arrange the sentence in a meaningful manner.
- Fill in the blanks: Fill in the blanks is something that you are already familiar with. Here you have to fill the blanks with relevant words from the option.
- Paragraph Completion: A paragraph will be provided to the students in which they have to complete the same with suitable options
- Vocabulary: Word meanings and the opposite of the meaning of the given word also is a part of this section. Questions from this topic are seen in the Cloze test or RC as well.
- Sentence Completion: A sentence is given and a part of the sentence contains an error. You have to figure out the error and pick the correct choice from the option.
- Tenses Rules
SBI PO Prelims 2021: Exam Pattern
After checking the detailed syllabus for the SBI PO Prelims exam 2021 of the English language, candidates are advised to check the SBI PO prelims exam detailed exam pattern from the table mentioned below.
|S.No.||Name of Subjects||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|1||English Language||30||30||20 minutes|
|2||Quantitative Aptitude||35||35||20 minutes|
|3||Reasoning Ability||35||35||20 minutes|