This is one exam that many students are eyeing on because this is one of the most-sought after job in India. A total of 147 vacancies have been reported this year. You can only ace this exam with the right strategy and approach and in this space we will be discussing the preparation strategy for Paper-I of the SEBI Grade A Phase-I Exam, which includes the subjects GA, English Language, Quantitative Aptitude and Test of Reasoning.
"Did you Know? In this pack you will get All new content we launch in the next 3 months"
This is the most recommended and NRA-CET ready Pack!
Use Code 'DREAM' to avail at best price today
This package Includes IBPS PO Study Material - Subscribe Now
About Bank Mahapack
If you are preparing for more than 1 Banking & Insurance exams then this is the pack we recommend you buy.
It is most cost effective and you get access to 100% digital content for Bank & Insurance exams on Adda247.
Banking & Insurance Exams Covered in this Pack
Additionally, you can crack any private bank job exam with content in this pack.
Bank & Insurance Mahapack Highlights
- Structured course content
- Recorded classes available if you miss any live class
- Previous Years’ Papers of all upcoming exams.
- Full Length Mocks based on the latest pattern with detailed solutions (video solutions for certain topics)
- Topic level knowledge tests
- Strategy sessions, time management & Preparation tips from the experts
Validity: 3 Months
Note: This package is not a part of Double Validity Offer
- Unlimited Live Classes & Recorded Video Courses
- Unlimited Tests and eBooks
- 1 Lakh+ Selections
- 24 Months
- 1 Month
- 12 Months
- 3 Months
How to prepare for SEBI Grade A Officer Exam?
There are total four sections namely: English, Quantitative Ability, Reasoning Ability and General awareness. Every section will require you to have a different preparation strategy and in this space we will be discussing that in detail.
In order to understand this year exam pattern, its very important to understand the previous year exam pattern. We are giving you the analysis of previous year and based on that we will discuss about the preparation strategy of the important topics.
- The English Language section incorporated traditional topics as well as new pattern questions in 2018.
- Based on previous year exam analysis, there were two sets of Reading Comprehension based on Small, Large and Medium Enterprises & Education and the level was moderate.
- Questions from the topic of error detection questions were asked along with a few questions of a new type of error detection wherein few sentences or a short paragraph was given with some parts of it marked as bold.
- Questions from the topic of fillers but not the word filler were there as well as sentence-completion based fillers.
|Topic||No. of Questions||Level|
|Identifying odd one out – sentences||5||Easy- Moderate|
|Sentence Completion based Filler||5||Easy- Moderate|
Preparation Strategy of English section
We have divided the English section into three basic parts namely: Grammar, Vocabulary and Reading Comprehensions etc.
|Grammar||This can be cover with the help of Adda247 Ace english book. In this books, almost all the important topics are there along with the previous year questions.Practice the grammatical rules that you have learnt.|
|Vocabulary||This can easily work upon by reading articles, novels, Magazines will surely enhance your vocabulary.|
|Reading comprehension||This is very important and carries a lot of weightage and thus require a lot of practice. Reading newspaper will serve your purpose here. Read Economic times to get a strong hold on economic related passages.|
Coming to one of the section that almost every candidate is scare of i.e. Quantitative Aptitude. Given below is the Previous year exam analysis and preparation strategy:
- D.I as usual dominated this section with more than 50% questions were based on DI. The Data Interpretation was a bit calculative in nature.
- Questions on D.I were asked from Double Pie Chart, Bar Graph, Caselet & Tabular were the types of DI asked.
- There were other questions which were based on the rest of the questions were asked from Missing Number Series, Approximation & arithmetic word problems.
|Topic||No. of Questions||Level|
|Missing Number Series||5||Easy|
Preparation Strategy For Quantitative Aptitude
Given below is the Preparation strategy for Quantitative Aptitude section that will help you to ace this section:
- One of the most important topic of this section is Arithmetic that plays an important role in cracking this section.
- Make sure that you learn all the important formulae by practicing the questions related to them.
- It is very important that you solve Problems based on Permutations and Combinations, Time-Speed-Distance, Simple interest and Compund interest etc to increase your understanding related to these topics.
- Make sure to solve maximum number of questions of all sort of difficulty level varying from easy to difficult.
- Data Interpretation is one such topic that is based on arithmetic topics.
- Make sure to take mock tests and rectify your mistakes.
Given below is the previous year exam analysis of SEBI Grade A of Reasoning Section that will help us to understant the important and must do topics of this section.
Types of Puzzle & Seating Arrangement questions are as follows:
- Floor Based Puzzle, 2 variables
- Order & Ranking based Puzzle- arrangement of 6 ropes of varying lengths and different colours
- Circular Seating Arrangement + Blood Relation, 7 people to be arranged to sit in a circle facing towards the centre
- Linear Seating Arrangement, single line and 10 people
|Topic||No. of Questions||Level|
Sitting Arrangement and Puzzles
Preparation Strategy For Reasoning Section
Given below is the Preparation strategy for Reasoning Section:
- One of the best thing that one can do is to solve puzzles on a regular basis this will help you to develop your logical and analytical skills.
- It is important to take mocks to enhance your understanding about the type of questions asked in the exam.
- Make sure that you solve previous years’ question papers to make yourself familiar with the type of questions.
- Practice is the key and make sure to practice easy topics daily like Inequality, Blood-relation, Coding-decoding etc.
Let’s move on to the final and game changer topic of this exam i.e General Awareness. We have divided this section into three parts namely: Current GK, Static GK and Banking Awareness GK.
|Static GK||You don’t need anything except Adda247’s book of banking and static awareness, it will majorly cover your static part.|
|Current GK||This is the important part and based on the previous year exam analysis, it can be concluded that current affairs of past 4-5 months are usually asked as per the trend observed in banking sector.You can ace this section by reading newspapers on a regular basis will best serve your purpose.
Make sure to To take notes of the key points while reading newspapers and current affair magazines.
|Banking Awareness||You don’t need anything except Banking and Static Awareness book from Adda247 because this section comprise of questions from banking sector like banking related terms, the history of banking, SEBI functions, etc.|
Given above it the preparation strategy of all the sections of SEBI Grade A Phase-I exam. We hope that the above information will be helpful for you. For more interesting and informative article, stay tuned to bankersadda!