As we all know the Union Public Service Commission has announced the exam dates for UPSC EPFO. There were a total of 421 posts for the recruitment, for which the exam was earlier scheduled to be held on 9 May 2021, but due to current COVID-19 pandemic, the exam is postponed as of now. The new dates by the commission will be announced soon. . The UPSC EPFO recruitment notification was released in the year 2020. As of now the dates of the examination is postponed, but the new dates will be announced soon anytime, so we advice ur candidates to not to stop their preparation for the examination.
The recruitment will be done based on Pen and Paper’s test followed by the interview round. All those students who will qualify for the Pen and Paper-based test will be called for the interview round. The Pen and Paper-based test will carry 75% of weightage and the interview round will have 25% of weightage. To help you up in your preparation today, we are here with the UPSC EPFO 2021 Exam Pattern and Syllabus.
UPSC EPFO Exam 2021: Exam Pattern
UPSC EPFO Pen-paper exam is scheduled to be held on 9 May 2021. The detailed information regarding the exam is given below:
- The test will be of two hours duration.
- All questions will carry equal marks.
- The test will be objective-type questions with multiple choices of answers.
- The medium of the test will be both Hindi and English.
- 1/3rd marks will be deducted for wrong answers.
- PwD candidates shall be allowed compensatory time of 20 minutes per hour in the RT and facility of Scribe
- The exam will be 300 marks.
UPSC EPFO Exam 2021: Syllabus
- Vocabulary Usage
- Grammar Usage
- Comprehension, etc.
||Indian Freedom Struggle
- Revolt of 1857 – First War of Independence Against British Causes of the Rise of Indian National Movement
- Indian Nationalism – The Moderate Phase
- Morley-Minto Reforms
- Partition of Bengal 1905
- Indian National Movement – Extremist Period
- Important Indian Freedom Fighter
- Revolutionaries in the Indian Freedom Movement
- The Rise of Gandhi in Indian Freedom Struggle
- The Rowlatt Act and the Jallianwala Bagh Massacre
- The Lucknow Pact, 1916
- Non-Cooperation Movement
- Home Rule Movement
- Salt Satyagraha
- Moplah Rebellion of 1921
- Simon Commission
- Swaraj Party
- First Round Table Conference 1930
- Poona Pact
- Quit India Movement
- Indian National Congress Sessions
- Indian Independence Act 1947
||Current Events and Developmental Issues
- Current Affairs (National & International)
- Awards and their importance
- Finance and Banking sector
- Population Census
- Important Books and their writers
- State Animals and Symbols
- Name of the Scientist who got Noble prize for important discoveries
- Important Days
- Important Inventions and their inventor
||Indian Polity & Economy
- Supreme Court; Meaning of Write
- Election of President and his functions
- Important constitution bodies like CAG
- Facts about parliament
- Fundamental Duties
- Governor and his functions
- State legislature
- Major Constitutional amendments and their importance
- Official Language
- Emergency Provisions
- National political parties and their symbols
||General Accounting Principles
- Realization Concept
- Separate Entity Concept
- Going Concern Concept
- Money Measurement Concept
- Dual Aspect Concern
- Cost Concept
- Accounting Period Concept
- Matching Concept
- Full Disclosure
||Industrial Relations & Labour Laws
- Areas implemented
- sectors applicable
- Industrial relations code (IRC) Bill
- Model of labour reforms.
||General Science & Knowledge of Computer applications
- Biology: Important and Interesting facts about human body parts, Nutrition in Animals and Plants, Diseases and their causes like Bacteria;
- Physics: S.I. units, Motion, Sound, Light, Wave, Energy, Electricity;
- Chemistry: Chemical Properties of Substance and their uses, Chemical Name of Important substances like Plaster of Paris, etc., Chemical Change and Physical Change, Properties of Gases, Surface Chemistry, Chemistry in Everyday life;
- Daily Science: Development of computers; Input and Output Devices; Memory; MS Office; Internet
||General Mental Ability & Quantitative Aptitude
- General Mental Ability – Sequence of figures, Series, Blood Relations, Directions, Syllogism, Seating Arrangement, Puzzle Test, Statement and Conclusion, Statement and Inferences, Data sufficiency
- Quantitative Aptitude – Algebra, HCF and LCM, Average, Mixtures and Alligation, Ratio and Proportion, Partnership, Percentage and its application, Simple Interest, Compound Interest, Profit and Loss, Time and Work, Time, Speed and Distance, Problems Based on Ages, Calendar and Clock, Probability, Permutations and Combinations
||Social Security in India
- Status of Social security in India
- Social security schemes for Unorganised Sector
- New Social Security Schemes launched covering social insurances like Pension
- Health Insurance and Medical Benefit
- Disability Benefit, Maternity Benefit
- Employees’ Provident Fund Organization (EPFO)
- Employees’ State Insurance Corporation (ESIC)
- Atal Pension Yojna (APY)
- Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana (PMJJBY); Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana (PMSBY)
- Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi (PM-KISAN) Yojana
- Pradhan Mantri Kisan Mandhan Yojana, etc.
We hope that this article will be helpful for all the candidates who are going to appear in the UPSC EPFO exam 2021.
Keep Practicing with Adda247!!