Only 4 days are left for the IBPS Clerk Prelims 2020 exam as the Institute of Banking Personnel Selection is conducting the exam on 5th, 12th, and 13th December 2020. In these final few days, candidates must be attempting mock tests/test series, to have a final overview of their preparation for the prelims exam. After the mock test candidates must self-analyze their performance. In this article, we will be discussing why self-analysis is important after attempting a mock test. Let us first look at the exam pattern of the IBPS Clerk Prelims 2020.
IBPS Clerk Prelims 2020: Exam Pattern
|S.No.||Name of Tests(Objective)||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|1||English Language||30||30||20 minutes|
|2||Quantitative Aptitude||35||35||20 minutes|
|3||Reasoning Ability||35||35||20 minutes|
Mock Test Schedule for IBPS Clerk Prelims 2020
Candidates must schedule their last few days to get fully prepared for the prelims exam. Aspirants can follow the below-mentioned schedule for the remaining 4 days before the examination.
- Mock Test 1: Candidates must give their first mock early in the morning (preferably at the same time as the actual exam). This will help them revise the entire syllabus in the simulated setting of the actual exam.
- Analysis of Mock 1: Right after giving the mock test aspirants shall analyze their own performance and rectify their mistakes if any. Revise those mistakes and prevent them from happening again.
- Practice sections: After the first mock candidates can carry on with their regular schedule of practicing all the sections individually before moving on to the next mock test.
- Mock test 2: After practicing sections individually, the candidates shall attempt their second mock test in the evening and try to avoid mistakes that they made in the earlier Mock(s) and score better than the 1st Mock of that day.
- Analysis of mock test 2: Similarly, the candidates now will do a self-analysis of their attempt to get an overview of their improvement and performance.
Why Self Analysis is important after mock tests?
Candidates must be wondering why is it necessary to always do a self-analysis of the mock tests that they attempted. Below are some points that will clear all your dubiousness:
- Maximize your strength and minimize your weakness: After the self analysis candidates will be aware of their weak areas and their strengths. Strengths can be maximized and weaknesses can be minimized by thorough practice that will automatically lead to good scoring of marks in the examination.
- The current level of preparation: After analyzing the performance candidates can identify and assess their current level of preparation. They will get to know which areas are still unprepared or not prepared thoroughly which they can improve by practicing more of those areas.
- Avoid repeating mistakes: When the candidates will analyze their own performance they will get familiar with the commonly made mistakes by them which they can avoid getting repeated. This will make sure that they do not move towards negative marking in the actual examination.
- Design strategy: after successfully analyzing their own performance candidates can shape their further strategy accordingly, keeping in mind their weak areas and the areas where they can easily excel. This will make sure that the preparation is moving towards scoring maximum marks in the examination.