Daily GK updates are incorporated with the important news that made the current affairs headlines for banking or other competitive exams. Daily GK Update is the complete bag of the important news that is held all day long. One should have complete knowledge about banking terms, current affairs news, etc. So, here is the GK update of the 03rd and 04th April 2022 to help you prepare the Current affairs part. After reading this section, you can successfully attempt Current Affairs Quiz.
Here is the Daily GK Update of the 03rd and 04th April 2022 covering the following news headlines: Temple 360, Mukhya Mantri Bagwani Bima Yojana, Delhi Metro Rail Corporation, Amir Khan, Chetak Helicopters, India Boat & Marine Show.
Top 19 Daily GK Updates: National & International News
Here is providing below the top 19 important Daily General Knowledge 2022 updates with national & international news.
1. Ministry of Culture launches ‘Temple 360’ website
- The Minister of State for Culture and External Affairs, Meenakshi Lekhi has launched a website ‘Temple 360’. During an event organized by the Ministry of Culture at IGNCA Ampitheatre, Indira Gandhi National Centre of Arts, New Delhi under the aegis of Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav.
- Temple 360 is a digital platform where anyone can visit or do darshan of 12 Jyotirlinga and Char Dham from any location, making everyone’s life convenient while also keeping people connected.
- The website also allows a devotee to perform e-Darshan, e-Prashad, e-Aarti and several other services. Temple 360 is a website where one can visit a temple of their choice, anytime and from anywhere from India.
- With the help of this website, one can digitally witness the magnificence of some of the most pious Hindu pilgrimages that exist. The website also allows a devotee to perform e-aarti and several other services.
2. RPF arrests touts for illegal ticketing under Operation Upalabdh
- As part of a month-long pan-India operation on illicit ticketing, the Railway Protection Force (RPF) detained 1,459 touts and blocked 366 IRCTC agent IDs and 6,751 personal IDs, the Railways announced on the 2nd of April, 2022.
- The RPF’s field units gathered information from the field, the digital world, and the cyber world, then consolidated, vetted, and analysed it before launching the campaign across the country on March 1, 2022.
- The ‘Operation Upalabdh’ push was launched following the reinstatement of long-distance train services, with the expectation that the festival and summer rush would result in a sharp increase in demand for reserved train tickets.
- In response to the feedback, the Railway Protection Force (RPF) increased its efforts and launched a pan-India offensive against touting practises in March 2022.
3. Haryana govt launched crop insurance portal of ‘Mukhya Mantri Bagwani Bima Yojana’
- The Haryana Agriculture Minister J P Dalal launched the portal of Mukha Mantri Bagwani Bima Yojana’ with an initial corpus of Rs 10 crore for the scheme. Under this the farmers will be compensated for the damage caused to their crops due to adverse weather and natural calamities.
- The scheme compensates a sum of Rs 30,000 per acre for vegetables and Spices and Rs 40,000 per acre for fruits, which will be compensated to the farmers upon claim via four categories such as 25 per cent, 50 per cent, 75 per cent and 100 per cent based on the survey.
- The farmer’s contribution will be only 5 per cent of the insured amount i.e., Rs 750 per acre for vegetables and Spices and Rs 1000 per acre for fruits.
- The Scheme covers 21 crops – 14 vegetables, 2 spices, and 5 fruits. The scheme will be optional for all those farmers who will get registered under ‘Meri Fasal Mera Byora’ (a web portal through which the problems of the farmers of the state will be resolved).
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- Haryana Governor: Bandaru Dattatreya;
- Haryana Capital: Chandigarh;
- Haryana Chief Minister: Manohar Lal Khattar.
4. Andhra Pradesh’s First ‘She Auto’ Stands Set Up
- In a move to provide safe transport to women and girl students, the police in Andhra Pradesh’s Chittoor have set up three ‘She Auto’ stands, the first of its kind in the state. The three ‘She Auto’ stands have been set up in RTC Bus Stand, Mahila University, and Ruia Hospital in Tirupati.
- Bhumana Karunakar Reddy, MLA, along with city Mayor Dr R Sireesha and Urban Superintendent of Police Venkata Appala Naidu inaugurated the dedicated auto stands at the RTC Bus Stand, Mahila University and Ruia Hospital.
- Tirupati is the first city in the state to set up special auto stands for women like this. Proved that women have a special place in society by setting up auto stand in RTC bus stand in Tirupati, Women’s University and Rua Hospital. Earlier, women, auto drivers used to keep their vehicles with men at other auto stands.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- Andhra Pradesh Governor: Biswabhusan Harichandan;
- Andhra Pradesh Chief minister: Y. S. Jaganmohan Reddy.
5. Arunabha Ghosh appointed by UN Chief to high-level expert group on net-zero emissions commitments
- United Nations Secretary-General, Antonio Guterres appointed Arunabha Ghosh (India) to a High-Level Expert Group on the Net-Zero Emissions Commitments of Non-State Entities. Arunabha Ghosh is the CEO of the Council on Energy, Environment and Water (CEEW), a climate and energy think tank.
- He has been appointed to the Government of India’s G20 Finance Track Advisory Group for India’s G20 Presidency in 2023. In 2021, he was appointed as Co-Chair of the T20 Task Force on climate and energy for Indonesia’s G20 2022.
- To develop stronger and clearer standards for net-zero emissions pledges by non-state entities including businesses, investors, cities and regions and speed up their implementation.
6. Vikas Kumar named as Managing Director of Delhi Metro Rail Corporation
- Vikas Kumar has been appointed as the new Managing Director of the Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC). He succeeds Mangu Singh, whose tenure ended on March 31, 2022.
- Singh was the managing director of DMRC since January 1, 2012, and his famed tenure ended. Kumar is the third managing director of the DMRC after E Sreedharan and Mangu Singh. He will hold the post for a term of five years.
- Kumar, who was holding the position of the Director (Operations) in the DMRC, has over three decades of experience in rail based urban transportation projects. He has worked with the Indian Railways in various capacities before joining the DMRC in September 2004. He has been associated with the urban transporter for more than 17 years in key management positions.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- DMRC Opened: 24 December 2002.
7. PharmEasy’s appoints Amir Khan brand ambassador
- PharmEasy, a consumer healthcare “super app,” has unveiled its new campaign, which introduces Bollywood superstar Aamir Khan as its brand ambassador. API Holdings Limited is in charge of the PharmEasy brand.
- This partnership will aid in the development of the brand and raising consumer awareness of healthcare in India.
- PharmEasy is dedicated to offering a hassle-free healthcare experience.
- Aamir will promote the PharmEasy brand in a variety of ways.
- The IPL campaign in 2022 will also include TV commercials starring Aamir Khan.
- Amir Khan will also emphasise how medicines, diagnostic tests, and healthcare goods are easily accessible to clients as the brand’s face.
8. Economic Cooperation and Trade Agreement signed by India-Australia
- India and Australia signed an Economic Cooperation and Trade Agreement (IndAus ECTA), hailing it as a watershed moment and one of the biggest economic doors there is to open in the world.
- It will provide zero-duty access to 96 per cent of India’s exports to Australia, including shipments from key sectors like engineering goods, gems and jewellery, textiles, apparel, and leather.
- According to a government estimate, the agreement will increase bilateral trade in products and services to $45-50 billion over the next five years, up from roughly $27 billion, and create over one million employees in India.
- Around 85% of Australia’s exports, including coal, sheep meat, and wool, will have zero duty access to the Indian market, while Australian wines, almonds, lentils, and select fruits would have lower duty access.
- Under the deal, zero-duty access for Indian goods will be expanded to 100% over the next five years.
- It is India’s first Free Trade Agreement (FTA) with a large developed country in more than a decade. India inked an FTA with the UAE in February and is actively negotiating FTAs with Israel, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union.
9. Four agreements and launch multiple projects signed between India- Nepal
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi and his Nepalese colleague Sher Bahadur Deuba met in New Delhi, initiating a number of projects and signing four important agreements across a variety of fields.
- Indian Oil Corporation Ltd. (IOCL) and Nepal Oil Corporation Ltd. signed agreements on Nepal becoming the 105th member of the International Solar Alliance (ISA), technical cooperation in railways, petroleum product delivery, and technical experience sharing in the petroleum sector.
- The two Prime Ministers also observed the first passenger train service between India’s Jayanagar and Nepal’s Kurtha, the handover of India’s Solu corridor transmission project to Nepal, and the progress of 132 health facilities being built across 10 districts in Nepal under a GoI grant.
- The two countries announced the debut of the Indian RuPay card in Nepal, with the domestic variation of the RuPay card (about 83 percent of all RuPay cards issued) being compatible with approximately 1400 POS machines in Nepal.
- After Bhutan, Singapore, and the United Arab Emirates, Nepal is now the fourth country outside of India to accept RuPay.
10. IAF celebrates 60 years of Glorious Service by Chetak Helicopters
- The Indian Air Force organised a conclave at Air Force Station, Hakimpet on 02 April 2022, to commemorate 60 years of glorious service by Chetak Helicopter in IAF. The conclave was inaugurated by Raksha Mantri Shri Rajnath Singh.
- Raksha Mantri released a Special Cover, a Coffee Table Book and a Commemorative Movie on Chetak Helicopters during the conclave.
- The Chetak helicopter is the oldest operational flying machine with the Indian Air Force. It has been made by Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) under the licence agreement. The Chetak Helicopter was inducted into the Indian Air force in 1962.
Ranks and Reports News
11. India’s unemployment rate falls to 7.6% in March from 8.1% in Feb 2022
- As per the data from the Centre for Monitoring Indian Economy (CMIE), the overall unemployment rate in India fell to 7.6 per cent in March 2022. This rate was 8.10 per cent in February 2022.
- The report also stated that though the overall unemployment rate in the country is falling, it is still high for a “poor” country like India. The decrease in the ratio shows that the economy is getting back on track after being hit by COVID-19 for two years.
- Haryana recorded the highest unemployment rate in March 2022, at 26.7 per cent. It was followed by Rajasthan (25%) and Jammu and Kashmir (25 %), Bihar (14.4%), Tripura (14.1%) and West Bengal (5.6%).
- Chhattisgarh has registered an unemployment rate of 0.6 per cent this March, which is the lowest so far. CMIE is a Mumbai-based independent non-government entity that serves both as an economic think-tank as well as a business information company.
Summits and Conferences News
12. 4th edition of India Boat & Marine Show (IBMS) concludes in Kochi
- The 4th edition of the India Boat & Marine Show (IBMS) was held at Bolgatty Palace in Kochi in Kerala. IBMS is India’s only and most influential Boat and Marine industry related exhibition. The event is organised by Kochi-based Cruz Expo.
- The IBMS 2022 showcased leading international brands as well as indigenous boat manufacturers from across the country. Around 45 exhibitors from all over India and two international exhibitors participated in the expo.
- Several PSUs and agencies like Cochin Port Trust, Indian Cost Guard, Indian Navy and Cochin Shipyard took part in the expo. The focus of the IBMS expo 2022 was the requirements for MSME in the marine and boating sector.
13. FICCI estimate India’s GDP growth rate for FY23 at 7.4%
- The Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce & Industry (FICCI) has estimated India’s GDP to grow at 7.4 per cent in the financial year 2022-23 (FY23). The Ficci’s Economic Outlook Survey was released on April 03, 2022.
- The report has stated that rising prices due to the Russia-Ukraine conflict is the biggest challenge to the global economic recovery.
- According to the survey, the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) is likely to start a rate hike cycle in the second half of 2022, while a repo rate hike of 50-75 bps is expected by the end of the current fiscal.
- The RBI is expected to continue supporting the ongoing economic recovery by keeping the repo rate unchanged in its April policy review.
14. 64th Grammy Awards 2022: Check the list of Winners
- The 64th annual Grammy Awards are being held for the first time at the MGM Grand Garden Arena with Trevor Noah as host.
- The 64th GRAMMY Awards recognizes recordings (including musical artists, compositions and albums) released between September 01, 2020, to September 30, 2021.
- Jon Batiste received the most nominations with eleven and Batiste also received the most awards with five.
Major category winners include:
- Record of the Year: Leave The Door Open (Silk Sonic)
- Album of the Year: We Are (Jon Batiste)
- Song of the Year: Leave The Door Open
- Best New Artist: Olivia Rodrigo
To read the complete list of winners: Click here
Science and Technology News
15. Pixxel a space data startup launches its first satellite aboard SpaceX
- Pixxel, a space data startup, launched its first fully operational satellite, TD-2, on SpaceX’s Transporter-4 mission.
- TD-2 is Pixxel’s first full-fledged satellite, carrying one of the highest-resolution hyperspectral commercial cameras ever flown, taking the company one step closer to developing a global health monitoring system that operates 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- The launch, according to the business, brings it closer to completing its aim of assembling one of the world’s most advanced constellations of low-earth-orbit imaging satellites and bringing the benefits of space to Earth. “
- Life has certainly come full circle for us, from being one of the few finalists in the SpaceX Hyperloop Pod Competition in 2017 to now launching our own satellites as part of SpaceX’s fourth dedicated rideshare mission.
- TD-2, which weighs less than 15 kilogrammes, can capture orbital images in more than 150 bands of colour from the visible and infrared spectrum with a resolution of 10-meters per pixel, far exceeding the specificity of 30-meter-per-pixel hyperspectral satellites launched by a few select organisations such as NASA, ESA, and ISRO, according to the company.
16. Australia wins ICC Women’s Cricket World Cup 2022
- Australia beat England by 71 runs in the finals to claim their seventh Women’s World Cup on April 03, 2022, at Hagley Oval in Christchurch, New Zealand.
- Australia posted a record of 356 on the board. In reply, Nat Sciver waged a lone battle and remained unbeaten on 148 but it was not enough as England was bowled out for 285 in 43.4 overs.
- Alyssa Healy of Australia scored 170 runs in the match, the highest individual score made by any cricketer, male or female, in the World Cup Final. She was also the leading run-scorer in the tournament with 509 runs.
- The Player of the Tournament went to Alyssa Healy. Sophie Ecclestone of England was the leading wicket-taker in the tournament, with 21 dismissals. The 2022 ICC Women’s Cricket World Cup was the 12th edition of the Women’s Cricket World Cup. The tournament was held in New Zealand from 4 March to 3 April 2022.
17. Iga Swiatek wins Miami Open tennis title 2022
- Polish tennis star Iga Swiatek defeated Naomi Osaka of Japan, 6-4, 6-0. in the final match to claim the 2022 Miami Open tennis tournament. For Swiątek, this is her fourth career WTA 1000 title and the sixth singles title overall.
- Also, this is her 17th straight title win. The victory will now place Swiatek to the No. 1 spot in the women’s rankings.
- With the victory, the 20-year-old Swiatek becomes only the fourth woman to win the Indian Wells and Miami tournaments back-to-back, a feat known as the “Sunshine Double” given the tournaments’ respective locations in California and Florida.
Books and Authors News
18. A new book “Crunch Time: Narendra Modi’s National Security Crises” by Sreeram Chaulia
- Dr Sreeram Chauliahas authored a new book titled “Crunch Time: Narendra Modi’s National Security Crises”. The book was released by Meenakshi Lekhi, Minister of State for External Affairs at the India International Centre in New Delhi, Delhi.
- The book highlights the much needed public faith in the state to protect the country from security threats posed by India’s external adversaries. The book analyses PM Modi’s series of decision-making moves during the crises with China and Pakistan.
Other Books of Sreeram Chaulia:
- Trumped: Emerging Powers in a Post-American World
- International Organizations and Civilian Protection: Power, Ideas and Humanitarian Aid in Conflict Zones
- Politics of the Global Economic Crisis: Regulation, Responsibility and Radicalism
- People Who Influenced the World Over the Past 100 Years
- Modi Doctrine: The Foreign Policy of India’s Prime Minister
19. International Day for Mine Awareness and Assistance in Mine Action 2022
- The United Nations’ International Day for Mine Awareness and Assistance in Mine Action is celebrated every year on the 4th of April. The day aims to raise awareness about landmines and progress toward their eradication.
- “Mine action” refers to a range of efforts to clear landmines and explosive remnants of war and to mark and fence off dangerous areas.
- In 2022 the United Nations Mine Action Service marks the Day under the theme “Safe Ground, Safe Steps, Safe Home.” The focus of the observance is on the impressive achievements of the global mine action community, starting with the work of the International Campaign to Ban Landmines (ICBL).
- On 8 December 2005, the General Assembly declared that 4 April of each year shall be observed as the International Day for Mine Awareness and Assistance in Mine Action. It was first observed on 4 April 2006.
4th April | Current Affairs 2022 | Current Affairs Today | Current Affairs
All the Best BA’ians for the Bank exam!