Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav celebrations open up the opportunity to delve deeper into the story of India’s freedom struggle, and learn about the unsung heroes who contributed immensely to the cause of India’s independence.
To raise the citizens’ awareness about India’s freedom fighters and freedom movement in a unique manner, Union Minister of Information and Broadcasting, Shri Anurag Singh Thakur on August 24, 2022 launched ‘Azadi Quest,’ a series of online educational mobile games developed in collaboration with Zynga India.
Launch of ‘Azadi Quest’, a series of online educational games based on India’s freedom
• Speaking at the occasion, Union Minister Anurag Singh Thakur remarked that the initiative
was another in the series of efforts by the Government to bring to forth the stories of Indian
• The Ministry of Information and Broadcasting has taken consistent steps to nurture the
Animation, Visual Effects, Gaming and Comic (AVGC) sector in India. In the past few
years India has risen to rank among the top five countries in the gaming sector. The
gaming sector has grown by 28% in 2021 alone. The number of online gamers has risen
by eight percent from 2020 to 2021 and by 2023, the number of such gamers is expected
to reach 45 crores.
• The Minister further stated that these apps will bolster the capabilities of India’s AVGC
sector and at the same time take the country’s glorious history to the corners of the world.
Highlights of the ‘Azadi Quest’ Games
• The information in these apps has been curated by Publications Division and Indian Council of Historical Research (ICHR) as an easily accessible treasure-trove of authentic information on India’s freedom struggle.
• They provide the player a platform beyond the classroom to learn more about the journey of
India’s independence and the gallantry of Indian freedom fighters, interwoven with fun game play.
• The Azadi Quest games are available for android and iOS devices in English and Hindi for the people of India and will be available worldwide from September 2022
There are two games available:
✓ Azadi Quest: Match 3 Puzzle
✓ Azadi Quest: Heroes of Bharat
- Pradhan Mantri TB Mukt Bharat Abhiyaan
- One Nation One Ration Card scheme: All You need to know
- Shyama Prasad Mukherji Rurban Mission
- PM Schools for Rising India: PM SHRI