National Council for Transgender Persons
The Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment has constituted the National Council for Transgender Persons, under the Transgender Persons (Protection of Rights) Act, 2019. The establishment of National Council for Transgender Persons which seeks to increase awareness and inculcate sense of respect and acceptance for transgender community, is a welcome step.
However, its upto the effective functioning of the council whether it will able to identify the issues faced by the transgender community and accordingly advice the government. Apart from policies and regulations, there is also a need for an inclusive approach, sensitising legal and law enforcement systems in particular towards the issues of transgender community.
"Did you Know? In this pack you will get All new content we launch in the next 1 months"
This is the most recommended and NRA-CET ready Pack!
Use Code 'DREAM' to avail at the best price today
This package Includes IBPS PO Study Material - Subscribe Now
About Bank Mahapack
If you are preparing for more than 1 Banking & Insurance exams then this is the pack we recommend you buy.
It is most cost-effective and you get access to 100% digital content for Bank & Insurance exams on Adda247.
Banking & Insurance Exams Covered in this Pack
Additionally, you can crack any private bank job exam with content in this pack.
Bank & Insurance Mahapack Highlights
- Structured course content
- Recorded classes available if you miss any live class
- Previous Years’ Papers of all upcoming exams.
- Full Length Mocks based on the latest pattern with detailed solutions (video solutions for certain topics)
- Topic level knowledge tests
- Strategy sessions, time management & Preparation tips from the experts
Validity: 1 Month
- Unlimited Live Classes & Recorded Video Courses
- Unlimited Tests and eBooks
- 1 Lakh+ Selections
- 15 Months
- 9 Months
- 3 Months
- 27 Months
- 1 Month
Definition of a Transgender Person:
The Act defines a transgender person as one whose gender does not match the gender assigned at birth. It includes transmen and trans-women, persons with intersex variations, gender-queers, and persons with socio-cultural identities.
Features of Transgender Persons Act, 2019
- The Act states that a transgender person shall have the right to self-perceived gender identity.
- A certificate of identity can be obtained at the District Magistrate’s office and a revised certificate is to be obtained if sex is changed.
- The Act has a provision that provides transgender the right of residence with parents and immediate family members.
- The Act prohibits discrimination against a transgender person in various sectors such as education, employment, and healthcare etc.
- It states that the offences against transgender persons will attract imprisonment between six months and two years, in addition to a fine.
- International Day Commemorating the Victims of Acts of Violence Based on Religion or Belief: 22nd August
- World Photography Day 2020: Read to know more
- World Elephant Day celebrated on 12th August
- Nation observes 79th Death Anniversary of Rabindranath Tagore
Aim of National Council for Transgender Persons:
- To mainstream the transgender community’s concerns, focusing on livelihood issues as well as to raise awareness about the trans community, so that transpersons are accepted within families and in the larger society.
- To ensure that transgender welfare boards are set up in all States and essential needs of the transgender community, like housing, food, healthcare and education are met.
Functions National Council for Transgender Persons:
- Advising the Central government on the formulation of policies, programmes, legislation and projects with respect to transgender persons.
- Monitoring and evaluating the impact of policies and programmes designed for achieving equality and full participation of transgender persons.
- Reviewing and coordinating the activities of all the departments.
- Redressing grievances of transgender persons.
- Performing such other functions as prescribed by the Centre.
- 15th India-EU Virtual Summit 2020
- MOHUA announced results of Star rating of garbage-free cities
- HIV Vaccine Awareness Day
- 45th India Ideas Summit 2020
Composition National Council for Transgender Persons:
- Its chairperson will be the Union Minister of the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment.
- Representatives from five states or Union Territories (one each from the north, south, east, west and northeast regions), on a rotational basis.
- Five members of the trangender community (one each from the north, south, east, west and northeast regions).
- The tenure of the community members shall be three years.
Representatives from 10 central departments
- The council will have joint secretary-level members from the Ministries of Health, Home, Minority Affairs, Education, Rural Development, Labour and Law.
- In addition, there will be a member from the Department of Pensions (Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions), NITI Aayog, National Human Rights Commission and National Commission for Women.
- Bank eBook Plus Pack (12 Months)
- Bank Maha Pack Subscription (12 Months)