a. Fast b. Powerful c. Infallible d. Cheap
2. What is the name of the display feature that highlights are of the screen which requires operator attention?
a. Pixel b. Reverse video c. Touch screen d. Cursor
3. IMB launched its first personal computer called IBM-PC in 1981. It had chips from Intel, disk drives from Tandon, operating system from Microsoft, the printer from Epson and the application software from everywhere. Can you name the country which contributed the video display?
a. India b. China c. Germany d. Taiwan
4. Personal computers use a number of chips mounted on a main circuit board. What is the common name for such boards?
a. Daughter board b. Motherboard c. Father board d. Breadboard
5. In most IBM PCs, the CPU, the device drives, memory expansion slots and active components are mounted on a single board. What is the name of this board?
a. Motherboard b. Breadboard c. Daughter board d. Grandmother board
6. What is meant by a dedicated computer?
a. Which is used by one person only b. Which is assigned one and only one task c. Which uses one kind of software d. Which is meant for application software
7. The system unit of a personal computer typically contains all of the following except:
a. Microprocessor b. Disk controller c. Serial interface d. Modem
8. A computer program that converts an entire program into machine language is called a/an
a. Interpreter b. Simulator c. Compiler d. Commander
9. A computer program that translates one program instructions at a time into machine language is called a/an
a. Interpreter b. CPU c. Compiler d. Simulator
10. A small or intelligent device is so called because it contains within it a
a. Computer b. Microcomputer c. Programmable d. Sensor
1-c 2-b 3-d 4-b 5-a
6-b 7-d 8-c 9-a 10-d