1. Important Cabinet Approvals: 10th October 2018
Find The Complete Approvals Here
2. Mobile Health App ‘MedWatch’ Launched by Indian Air Force
3. Nitin Gadkari Laid Foundation Stone For Rs1,224 crore Highway projects in UP
- UP CM: Yogi Adityanath, Governor: Ram Naik.
4. J P Nadda Inaugurates 2nd World Conference On Access To Medical Products
ii. At the function, Shri J P Nadda released the Position Paper and launched the Information Sharing Platform Gateway for South-East Asia Regulatory Network (SEARN) developed by Centre for Development of Advanced Computing, which will promote regulatory and health collaboration among the countries of the South-East Asia Region.
5. Government Reconstitutes Top Court-Powered Pollution Control Panel
6. UNICEF, NASSCOM Sign MoU To Strengthen Child Rights
ii. With this Memorandum of Understanding (MoU), the two organisations will work collaboratively on two key areas including national sensitisation on child online protection and encouraging innovations for child rights’ in the country.
- UNICEF stands for United Nations Children’s Fund.
- UNICEF Headquarters in New York, USA.
- National Association of Software and Services Companies (NASSCOM) was established in 1988.
- NASSCOM Chairman: Rishad Premji.
- Naveen Patnaik is the current Chief Minister of Odisha.
- Ganeshi Lal is the present Governor of Odisha.
- Dharmendra Pradhan is the Minister of Petroleum and Natural Gas.
8. Jharkhand To Become Partner State At Goa International Film Festival
ii. This will allow Jharkhand to showcase its culture and favourable filmmaking incentives announced by the state government.
- Jharkhand Capital: Ranchi, Chief Minister: Raghubar Das, Governor: Draupadi Murmu.
- Ukraine Capital: Kiev, Currency: Ukrainian hryvnia
ii. The Indian passport has secured the 81st rank with visa-free or visa-on-arrival access to 60 destinations.
- Argentina Capital: Buenos Aires, Currency: Argentine peso.
- Official Mascot of Youth Olympic Games 2018 is Pandi.