- British adventurer Jenny Graham (38) became the fastest woman to have cycled the globe in 124 days in 2018, which was three weeks faster than the previous record.
- The indigenously developed sophisticated Agni-IV having 4,000 km strike range is a two-stage missile.
- It is 20 meters long with a weight of 17 tonnes.
- Odisha Governor: Ganeshi Lal.
- Rengali and Tikhali Dams are situated in Odisha.
- Admiral Sunil Lanba is the Chief of Naval Staff of Indian Navy.
i. Prime Minister Narendra Modi releases a 100 rupees commemorative coin in honour of former Prime Minister and Bharat Ratna Atal Bihari Vajpayee.
ii. Atal Bihari Vajpayee’s birth anniversary, which falls on 25th December, is celebrated as ‘Good Governance Day’. He was conferred with the Bharat Ratna was in 2014.
i. The Manipur Assembly has passed a bill which recommends life imprisonment for those involved in mob violence if it results in the death of a person.
ii. Chief Minister N Biren Singh, who also holds charge of the Home department, moved the ‘The Manipur Protection from Mob Violence Bill, 2018’ in the state Assembly.
iii. It recommends a rigorous life imprisonment term if the crime results in the death of a victim. The bill was introduced in the Assembly in the wake of incidents of mob lynchings in the state.
i. The National Accreditation Board for Certification Bodies (NABCB), India’s national accreditation body, has secured equivalence for its accreditation programme for Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems (OHSMS) Certification Bodies in Asia- Pacific region.
ii. . NABCB is the third accreditation body in the Asia Pacific Region to become internationally equivalent in the region, the other two being the accreditation bodies of Hong Kong and Mexico.
Static/Current Takeaways Important For IBPS Clerk Mains Exam 2018:
- NABCB, a constituent Board of the Quality Council of India, is responsible for accreditation of certification/inspection bodies as per applicable international standards under an international system of equivalence.
i. Andhra Pradesh, Himachal Pradesh and Madhya Pradesh were the top three performing states under the maternity benefit programme Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana (PMMVY).
ii. Minister of State for the Women and Child Development Ministry Virendra Kumar stated PMMVY is a centrally-sponsored scheme under which the cost-sharing ratio between the Centre, states and the Union Territories with the legislation is 60:40.
- Burundi President: Pierre Nkurunziza.
- Archery Association of India came into existence in 1973.
- Honorary Life President: Prof Vijay Kumar Malhotra.
- Under ‘transport‘ category, Indian Railways obtained 10 awards for the subsector railway station. Vidisha railway station in Madhya Pradesh won the first prize.
- Under ‘building‘ category, Indian Railways got three awards for subsector Railway hospitals. Railway hospitals of Izzatnagar division won the first prize.
- Under ‘institution‘ category, Indian Railways bagged four awards for subsector state PWD, CPWD and PHED. Passenger reservation system complex building of Secunderabad division won the first prize.
- John Mathai was the first railway minister of independent India.
- Mr. Piyush Goyal is the present railway minister of India.
- Chaudhary Charan Singh who was the fifth Prime Minister of India.
- He served the country as Prime Minister for a very short tenure starting from 28th of July 1979 till 14th January 1980.
- The Consumer Protection Act aims to provide consumers with effective safeguards against different types of exploitation such as defective goods, deficiency in services and unfair trade practices.
- RBI 25th Governor: Shaktikanta Das, Headquarters: Mumbai, Founded: 1 April 1935, Kolkata.