1. 1st Meeting Of India-Bangladesh Joint Committee On Border Haats Concludes
- Bangladesh PM- Sheikh Hasina, Capital- Dhaka, Currency- Bangladeshi Taka.
- Madhya Pradesh CM- Shivraj Singh Chouhan, Governor- Anandiben Patel.
4. Government Reduced Minimum Annual Deposit Under Sukanya Samriddhi Scheme
ii. The move is aimed at enabling more people to take advantage of the girl child savings scheme. The government has amended the Sukanya Samriddhi Account Rules, 2016 for the purpose.
- The Sukanya Samriddhi scheme was launched by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on January 22, 2015, as a part of the Union Government’s Beti Bachao, Beti Padhao campaign.
5. Government Sets Up High-Level Committee To Check Mob Lynching
- Mob Lynching is an act to punish (a person) without legal process or authority, especially by hanging, for a perceived offence or as an act of bigotry.
- NITI- National Institution for Transforming India.
- NITI Aayog Vice-Chairman- Rajiv Kumar, CEO- Amitabh Kant.
iii. PM Modi also gifted 200 cows to villagers as a part of Rwandan Government’s Girinka Programme.
- Rwanda Capital: Kigali, Currency: Rwandan franc.
ii. The framework is part of the Project SASHAKT, the report on bad bank drafted and submitted by the committee headed by Non-executive Chairman of PNB, Sunil Mehta.
11. Lewis Hamilton Wins German Grand Prix
12. Tokyo 2020 Committee Officially Launches Olympic Mascots
ii. The name of the blue-checked Olympic mascot ‘Miraitowa’ is derived from a combination of the Japanese words for future and eternity and seeks to “promote a future full of eternal hope in the hearts of people all over the world”.
iii. The pink-checked Paralympic mascot ‘Someity’ owes its name to a type of cherry tree blossom and exhibits enormous mental and physical strength.
Static/Current Takeaways Important for SBI PO/Clerk Exam 2018-
- Winter Olympics will be held in Beijing, China in 2022.
13. World Junior Squash Championships Begins In Chennai