(a) Yes bank
(b) Canara Bank
(c) Axis Bank
(d) HDFC Bank
2. Which of the following statement/s is/ are true?
(1) Union Minister for Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) Kalraj Mishra has recently launched Online Finance Facilitation Centre (OFFC) for Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs).
(2) OFFC is an initiative of the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII).
(3) OFFC will facilitate the SMEs across the country with documentation and preparation of bankable project proposals.
(a) 1 and 3
(b) Only 1
(c) 1 and 2
(d) 1, 2 and 3
3. Central Statistical Organisation(CSO) recently released the Provisional and Quarterly Estimate of National Income for the financial year 2013-14. It pegged Indian economy’s Gross Domestic Growth (GDP) growth rate at how much percent in 2013-14?
4. Bollywood actress Deepika Padukone was recently appointed brand ambassador of which of the following banks?
(a) Yes Bank
(b) Axis Bank
(c) HDFC Bank
(d) ICICI Bank
5. Five bank unions are gearing up to hold protest meetings across the country to voice their opposition against the Nayak Committee report’s recommendations. Which of the following statement/s is/are true regarding this?
(1) The protesting unions are All India Bank Officers’ Association (AIBOA), Bank Employees Federation of India (BEFI), Indian National Bank Employees Federation (INBEF) and Indian National Bank Officers Congress (INBOC) and All India Bank Employees Association (AIBEA).
(2) The RBI constituted an expert committee under the chairmanship of P.J. Nayak, to review governance of boards of banks in India.
(3) The committee submitted its report recently and the RBI asked for comments from the public on it by June 12, 2014.
(4) The unions are angry as the committee recommended reduction of government holding in public sector banks to less than 50 percent, merging government banks, keeping out government banks from the ambit of Central Vigilance Commission and the Right to Information Act, transferring government’s holdings to an investment company and repealing the Bank Nationalisa¬tion Act.
(a) 1 and 4
(b) 1, 2 and 3
(c) 2 and 3
(d) All of above
6. Reserve Bank of India has eased the KYC norms for opening bank account. Which of the following statement/s is/are true regarding this?
(1) Only one documentary proof of address (either the current or permanent) can be used to open bank account or for periodic updation.
(2) In case the address mentioned as per proof of address undergoes a change than fresh proof of address may be submitted to the branch within a period of six months.
(3) KYC (Know Your Customer) is a term used for customer identification process.
(4) The objective of the KYC guidelines is to prevent banks being used, intentionally or unintentionally by criminal elements for money laundering.
(a) 1, 2 and 4
(b) 1, 3 and 4
(c) 2 and 3
(d) 1, 2, 3 and 4
7. Vishal Sikka was appointed the CEO of which of the following companies?
8. The Prime Minister of India Narendra Modi has recently dedicated largest warship INS Vikramaditya to the nation. This warship has been acquired from which of the following countries?
9. Which of the following states’ high court has recently said that the nationals of Bangladesh, who settled in the state before 24 March, 1971 should be treated as Indians?
(c) West Bengal
10. Which of the following states has recently decided to add a chapter on the cricket legend Sachin Tendulkar in its school syllabus?
(a) West Bengal
(b) Andhra Pradesh