Banking examination is the most sort after examination but demands a lot of smart efforts. Banking exams are gaining much popularity with every passing day. Most of the banking examination has a higher weightage of Quantitative Aptitude (Maths) and Reasoning. However, General Awareness forms a major part and parcel of almost all the banking examination. It’s quantity varies from one exam to other. Current Affairs has a major role to play in the General Awareness section. For a candidate who wants to crack the major competitive examination including banking, insurance, SSC, etc, it is important to have a comprehensive view of current affairs. This article is dedicated to deal with the Current Affairs role in the banking exam and how to ace through it.
Why to give more focus to Current Affairs?
Current Affairs are a major part of almost all the banking examination. It keeps you updated and also enhance your skill. Most of the banking exam like IBPS PO, IBPS Clerk, SBI PO, SBI Clerk, etc has current affairs in the Mains stage rather than Prelims stage. However, RBI Grade B, SEBI, NABARD, IDBI Asst Manager, etc has a major portion of current affairs in the General/ Financial Awareness section in their Prelims stage as well. Here are some points to help you understand the role of Current Affairs:
- Current affairs forms the major part of General Awareness Section.
- It has a major role to play in the mains exam as most of the banking exam has GA in the mains stage.
- The Current Affairs also helps in preparing you for the Interview and GD stage of the exam.
- It is necessary for all the aspirants who are preparing for various competitive examination to update themselves with the current news going around.
- It not only enhances your ability to read but also increases the level of knowledge.
What to Study in Current Affairs?
Now, after knowing the importance of Current Affairs, aspirants must be looking for all the topics to grab their focus on. Especially, candidates who are about to appear in the IBPS PO Mains and LIC Assistant Mains Exam must be worried to ace through the Current Affairs section. This is a dynamic area to deal with but you can make your mark. This section will fetch you marks easily.
Topics to cover:
- Government schemes and policies
- News related to banking and economy
- News of national and international importance
- Famous book and their authors
- Important dates and events
- Appointment & Resignation
- Ranks & Reports
- Science & Technology
- Sports News
- Defence Exercise
Financial and Banking awareness
- RBI and its functions
- Exchange rates
- National and international trade
- Functions of other important financial institutions like NABARD, SEBI, etc
- Banking acronyms
- Union and state budget
- News norms of RBI, etc.