SBI Clerk Salary 2023
The State Bank Of India conducts SBI Clerk Exam to recruit candidates for the post of Junior Associate in various branches of SBI. The candidates aspiring for SBI Clerk can now have all the information on SBI Clerk Salary and job profile. As per available information, the pay scale for SBI Clerk is Rs.17900-1000/3-20900-1230/3-24590-1490/4-30550-1730/7-42600-3270/1-45930-1990/1-47920. The in-hand salary received by a newly joined employee includes the basic pay along with the perks and allowances. In this article, candidates can get complete information on SBI Clerk Salary 2023.
SBI Clerk Salary, Job Profile, Pay Scale
A banking aspirant should have the complete knowledge of SBI Clerk Salary, Pay Scale, Job Profile, and Career Growth. The in-hand salary depends where a candidate is posted, either in urban or rural area. The newly selected Junior Associates will be on probation for a minimum period of 6 months. Aspirants must go through the given post to know in detail regarding SBI Clerk Salary, and perks & allowances.
SBI Clerk Salary: Overview
An overview of SBI Clerk Salary 2023 comprising the important points is discussed in the below table.
|SBI Clerk Salary 2023: Overview|
|Organization||State Bank Of India|
|Exam Name||SBI Clerk Exam 2023|
|Vacancy||To Be Notified|
|Selection Process||Prelims, Mains|
|Job Location||All India|
|Language Of Exam||English and Hindi|
|SBI Clerk Salary 2023 in Hindi||Check this Post in Hindi|
SBI Clerk Salary 2023 Pay Scale
A candidate appointed for the post of Junior Associate receives salary on the given pay scale.
The starting Basic Pay is Rs.19900/- (Rs.17900/- plus two advance increments admissible to graduates).
SBI Clerk Salary 2023 Salary Structure
The net SBI Clerk Salary depends completely on the place of posting. As mentioned in the previous year notification PDF in a metro city like Mumbai, the total starting emoluments of a clerical cadre employee will be around Rs.29,000/- permonth inclusive of D.A., and other allowances at the current rate and two additional increments for newly appointed graduate junior associates.
SBI Clerk Salary: Latest Salary Slip
SBI Clerk latest salary slip for the month of August 2022 is provided below. For complete details candidates can refer the SBI Clerk Latest Salary slip.
SBI Clerk Salary 2023 Perks & Allowances
The allowances provided to Junior Associates may vary based on their place of posting. They will have the opportunity to receive reimbursement for various benefits and perquisites such as provident fund, Pension under the New Pension scheme (Defined Contribution Benefit), Medical benefits, Leave-Fare, and other facilities. These reimbursements and facilities will be granted in accordance with the instructions issued by the Bank from time to time.
The table provides details of the monthly reimbursement for conveyance allowances granted to a candidate appointed for the post of junior associate.
|SBI Clerk Salary 2023: Conveyance Allowance|
|Reimbursement Per Month|
|Category of Employees||Maintaining two or Four Wheelers (Petrol in liters)||Not Maintaining Vehicles (Amount in Rs)||Entertainment Expenses (Amount in Rs)|
|Chief Associate (Working as cash-in-charge)||43||900||1140|
Provision Of Newspapers
The categry-wise amount for provision of newspapers to a SBI Junior Associate is mentioned in the below table.
|SBI Clerk Salary 2023: Provision Of Newspapers
|Category of Staff||Rupees Per Month|
|Special Associates working as cash-in-charge/ATM/Locker-in-charge/Members of outbond sales force||530|
|Other chief associates/special associates/senior associates/associates/junior associates||450|
The medical benefits that a SBI Clerk get are as follows:
- Annual Medical Aid: Employees are eligible for an annual medical aid benefit.
- Improved Medical Aid (Specified Serious Disease): Enhanced medical aid coverage is provided specifically for specified serious diseases.
- Hospitalisation Scheme: A scheme is in place to cover hospitalization expenses.
- Other Medical Benefits: Additional medical benefits include coverage for vaccinations.
SBI Clerk Salary 2023: Job Profile
The Junior Associates at the State Bank of India manage various day-to-day banking operations. Along with SBI Clerk Salary, candidates should also be familar with the job profile.
- Cash handling at counters
- Interacting with customers and resolving their queries
- Assisting customers with documentation requirements
- Account opening procedures
- Conducting RTGS/NEFT transactions
- Managing cheque book requests
- Issuing demand drafts
SBI Clerk Salary 2023: Career Growth
The State Bank of India provides excellent career advancement opportunities for its employees, ensuring substantial growth. Candidates who join SBI at a young age have the potential to progress to the position of General Manager. The promotions for SBI Clerks primarily occur through two ways:
- In-cadre promotion: Employees have the opportunity to receive promotions within their existing cadre or position, based on their performance, experience, and eligibility criteria.
- Promotion to the office cadre: Employees may also be promoted to higher cadres, such as Officer positions, through a structured promotion process that considers their skills, qualifications, and performance.
In Cadre Promotion
The category of In Cadre Promotion for an SBI Clerk employee is time bound and based on home posting.
- Apart from the total salary, employees are entitled to receive a special allowance of 1800 rupees per month. It is important to note that this allowance is not included in the calculation of the basic pay. Upon completing 10 years of service, an Associate is promoted to the position of Senior Associate.
- After serving for a period of twenty years, an Associate becomes a Special Associate. At this stage, a special allowance of 2500 rupees is provided on a monthly basis. It is significant to mention that after reaching this stage, the allowance is considered in the calculation of the basic pay.
- Upon completing 30 years of service, an associate is promoted to the position of Chief Associate. At this stage, a special allowance of 3500 rupees is paid, and this amount is taken into account when calculating the basic pay.
Promotion To The Office Cadre
After completing three years of service, an Associate has the opportunity to become a Trainee Officer. To progress to the Officer level, candidates must qualify in the JAIIB (Junior Associate of the Indian Institute of Bankers) and CAIIB (Certified Associate of the Indian Institute of Bankers) examinations, which are conducted by the Indian Institute of Banking & Finance. In addition to clearing the JAIIB and CAIIB exams, candidates are required to pass an internal written test and interview. Upon successfully clearing the written test, candidates must serve a two-year probation period. After completing the probation period, candidates will undergo an interview. Those who pass the interview will be promoted to the Middle Management grade (Scale-2). The remaining candidates who do not clear the interview will continue in the clerical grade.