Obituaries- 8th June to 14th June 2020
- Manchester United’s European Cup-winning defender Tony Dunne passed away.
- The former member of the Planning Commission, Vaidyanathan passed away.
- Television Actor Jagesh Mukati passed away. He was renowned for working the TV shows namely Amita Ka Amit and Shree Ganesh.
- Former director of IIM Lucknow and Padma Shri award winner Pritam Singh passed away.
- Three-time Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam (DMK) MLA J Anbazhagan passed away due to COVID-19.
- The President of the Republic of Burundi, Pierre Nkurunziza passed away.
- Former Union Water Resources Minister Arjun Charan Sethi passed away.
- Former Governor & Delhi Police commissioner, Ved Marwah passed away.
- Former Santosh Trophy player, Hamza Koya passed away due to COVID-19.
- The first U.S. male gymnast to win a world championship gold medal, Kurt Thomas passed away.
- Kannada actor Chiranjeevi Sarja passed away. He had made his debut with the movie ‘Vayuputra’.
- Veteran Urdu poet, Anand Mohan Zutshi Gulzar Dehlvi passed away. He was the editor of ‘Science ki Duniya’, the only science magazine published in Urdu by the government, which was launched in
Obituaries- 1st June to 7th June 2020
- Singer & music composer Wajid Khan passed away. The singer was renowned for his partnership with his brother Sajid and the duo was known as Sajid-Wajid.
- American sprinter, Bobby Joe Morrow passed away. He won three athletics gold medals at the 1956 Melbourne Olympic Games.
- Former International Archer turned coach Jayantilal Nanoma passed away. He was an Asian Cup and Asian Grand Prix medallist in compound individual and team archery in 2010.
- Former Union Minister and three-time Congress MP from Ladakh, P Namgyal passes away.
- National Basketball Association (NBA) Hall of Famer Wes Unseld passed away. He was one of the greatest American professional basketball player. He led his franchise ‘Washington Wizards’ ( then Baltimore Bullets) to the NBA Championship in 1978.
- Legendary Filmmaker & the National Film Award winner Basu Chatterjee passed away. He was known for his middle-of-the-road cinema and films like “Chhoti Si Baat” and “Rajnigandha”.
- Veteran lyricist and member of Indian Performing Right Society Limited (IPRS), Anwar Sagar passed away. He is best remembered for his hit track Waada Raha Sanam from 1992 Akshay Kumar-starrer Khiladi.
- British Producer and songwriter Rupert Hine who worked with artists including Tina Turner, Howard Jones, passed away.
- Bollywood producer Anil Suri passed away due to COVID-19. He was renowned for producing bollywood films such as Raaj Kumar-Rekha starrer Karmayogi and Raaj Tilak.
Obituaries- 25th May to 31st May 2020
- Former Tamil Nadu footballer and coach Shanmugam passed away. He was born in Burma in 1943.
- Padma Shri awardee Noted Urdu author, humorist and satirist Mujtaba Hussain passed away.
- Classical musician Shyamala G. Bhave, who was having an equal command over Hindustani as well as Carnatic music, passed away.
- Former Inter Milan coach, Gigi Simoni, who led a Ronaldo-inspired team to UEFA (Union of European Football Associations) Cup glory in 1998, passed away.
- Bollywood actor Mohit Baghel passed away due to cancer.
- Japanese professional wrestler, Hana Kimura passed away.
- Former No. 1-ranked player and Australian tennis star Ashley Cooper passed away.
- Former Indian hockey player Balbir Singh Dosanjh, who was a part of three-time Olympic gold medal-winning Indian hockey team, passed away.
- Rajya Sabha (RS) MP from Kerala and Loktantrik Janata Dal (LJD) Leader, writer and journalist, P. Veerendra Kumar passed away.
- Veteran lyricist Yogesh Gaur passed away.
- Renowned astrologer, Bejan Daruwalla passed away.
Obituaries- 18th May to 24th May 2020
- Iran’s representative at Organisation of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC), Hossein Kazempour Ardebili passed away.
- Veteran Marathi writer and playwright, Ratnakar Matkari passed away after being diagnosed with COVID-19. He was considered a pioneer of the children’s drama movement in Marathi.
Obituaries– 4th May to 10th May 2020
- Eminent historian, author and columnist Ronald Vivian Smith passed away. He was born in Agra in 1938. He came to Delhi in the 1950s and started working at the Press Trust of India in 1961.
- Judicial Member, Lokpal of India, Justice Ajay Kumar Tripathi passed away after getting infected from novel Coronavirus. He took oath as a Judicial Member of Lokpal of India in March 2019 and played an instrumental role in establishing the Institution of Lokpal of India.
- Renowned Kannada poet KS Nisar Ahmed passed away. He was popularly known as “Nityotsava Kavi”.
- Former Union Minister Dalit Ezhilamalai passed away. He was a leader of the Pattali Makkal Katchi party and was Union Minister of State, Health and Family Welfare (Independent Charge) during the Atal Bihari Vajpayee government in 1998–99.
- Veteran director, story artist and writer of many Pixar films Rob Gibbs passed away. He was well Known for successful Pixar films, including Toy Story 2, Finding Nemo, Monsters.Up, Wall-E, Inside Out to Onward.
- Founder of Kodava Family Hockey Tournament, Pandanda Kuttappa passed away. Kuttappa conceived the idea of Kodava family hockey festival in 1997.
Obituaries– 27th April to 3rd May 2020
- Veteran South African anti-apartheid activist Denis Goldberg passed away.
- Former India Football captain Chuni Goswami passed away. He was the captain of Indian Football Team that won the 1962 Asian Games gold medal.
- Freedom fighter Gandhian Hema Bharali passed away. She received the Padma Shri award in 2005.
- National Film Award winning Bollywood actor Rishi Kapoor has passed away.
- Padma Shri award winning Bollywood actor Irrfan Khan passed away.
- Grammy-nominated gospel singer Troy Sneed has passed away due to the novel coronavirus.
- Former Liverpool striker, Michael Robinson passed away. He has featured in more than 300 official matches in England for five clubs, including Liverpool.
- Noted Odia Dramatist & playwriters Bijay Mishra passed away.
- Ex-NASA Administrator James M. Beggs passed away. He was the sixth administrator of the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA).
- Veteran politician and former Governors of Bihar, Tripura, and West Bengal, Devanand Konwar passed away.
- Veteran sports photojournalist Ronojoy ‘Ronny’ Roy passed away.
Obituaries– 20th April to 26th April 2020
- Oscar-winning animator, film director and producer, Gene Deitch passed away. His movie “Munro” won the Oscar award in the animated short film category in 1960.
- BMW Group President and CEO Rudratej Singh has passed away. Rudratej was the first Indian to lead the BMW India operations.
- Former Fiji Prime Minister Laisenia Qarase has passed away. He served as the sixth Prime Minister of Fiji from 2000 to 2006.
- Eminent theatre director, actor and activist, Usha Ganguly passed away. She was awarded the Sangeet Natak Akademi Award for direction in 1998.
- Former Rajya Sabha member from Odisha Basanta Das passed away. He was Rajya Sabha member from 1990 to 1996 as Janata Dal nominee.
Obituaries- 13th April to 19th April 2020
- Film, television and theater actor Ranjit Chowdhry, who was best known for his work in movies Baton Baton Mein, Mississippi Masala, Khubsoorat and Bollywood/Hollywood, has passed away.
- Former American football player Willie Davis who was inducted into the National Football League’s (NFL) Pro Football Hall of Fame in 1981, has passed away.
- Freedom fighter R V Bhuskute, who had participated in the Quit India Movement, has passed away.
- Former Switzerland’s Ice hockey player Roger Chappot passed away due to Coronavirus.
- Former pro golfer Doug Sanders who was also known as the “peacock of the fairways”, passed away.
- Father of modern Iraqi architecture Rifat Chadirji passed away due to COVID-19.
- Former Union Minister and veteran Congress leader V. Rajashekaran passed away.
- India’s former Attorney General and senior advocate Ashok Desai passed away. He was Attorney General from July 1996 to May 1998.
- British Comedian Tim Brooke-Taylor, who was popular as one third of the famous 1970s show The Goodies, and I’m Sorry I Haven’t A Clue, has passed away due to novel coronavirus.
- The legendary motor-racing driver, Sir Stirling Moss has passed away.
- Former England and Chelsea goalkeeper Peter Bonetti passed away.
Obituaries- 6th April to 12th April 2020
- American songwriter, soulful singer, guitarist & 3 time Grammy award winner Bill Withers passed away. He has produced 9 albums, his debut album is Just As I Am(1971) & the last album was Watching You Watching Me(1985).
- Former New Zealand wicket-keeper batsman Jock Edwards passed away. He had made his Test debut in the home Test series against Australia in 1976-77 as a specialist batsman.
- Former Libya Prime Minister Mahmoud Jibril passed away due to COVID-19.
- Veteran Malayalam Music composer, MK Arjunan passed away. He composed more than 600 songs, many of them among the biggest hits of all time.
- Veteran American actor Forrest Compton passed away due to COVID-19 complications. Compton was popular for playing the role of district attorney Mike Karr in the long-running soap opera “The Edge of Night”.
- Malayalam film and theatre actor Kalinga Sasi passed away. His real name was V Chandrakumar. He made his debut in the film industry in 1988. He has been a part of over 500 plays and 100 movies.
- Kannada actor “Bullet” Prakash passed away. He was known for his comic roles and performances in films like Aithalakkadi and Aryan.
- James Bond film actress Honor Blackman has passed away. She was best known for playing the legendary Bond girl Pussy Galore in the 1964 James Bond movie ‘Goldfinger’ starring alongside Sean Connery.
- Indian-American journalist, Brahm Kanchibotla, passed away due to coronavirus. He was a former contributor to the United News of India news agency and was working as New York and UN correspondent of the United News of India.
- Former Real Madrid, Barcelona and Atletico Madrid coach Radomir Antic passed away.
- Former Madhya Pradesh minister Hazarilal Raghuwanshi passed away.
- American folk singer John Prine has passed away due to the COVID-19 complications.
- Renowned Hindustani classical singer and Padma Shri awardee Shanti Hiranand Chawla passed away.
- The former Zimbabwean cricketer Jackie du Preez passed away. The leg-spinner played for South Africa in Zimbabwe’s pre-independence days. He played two Tests for South Africa in 1967.
Obituaries- 30th March to 5th April 2020
- Tony Lewis, one of the men behind the Duckworth-Lewis-Stern (DLS) method passed away.
- Emmy award-winning singer-songwriter Adam Schlesinger passed away due to COVID-19.
- Padma Shri awardee and former ‘Hazuri Raagi’ at the Golden Temple, Bhai Nirmal Singh passed away after testing positive for COVID-19.
- Physicist Philip Warren Anderson who received Nobel Prize in Physics for contribution in fundamental theoretical investigations of the electronic structure of magnetic and disordered systems, passed away.
- Spanish Princess Maria Teresa has become the first royal to pass away due to COVID-19.
- The legendary historian and educationist, Professor Arjun Dev passed away.
- Tamil folk singer and actress Paravai Muniyamma passed away.
- Veteran Japanese comedian Ken Shimura passed away due to coronavirus.
- Former Union Minister Beni Prasad Verma from Uttar Pradesh, passed away.
- The recipient of Maha Vir Chakra (MVC), retired Air Vice Marshal Chandan Singh Rathore passed away.
- Veteran US civil rights leader Joseph Lowery passed away.
- World renowned virologist from South Africa, Gita Ramjee passed away after contracting the novel coronavirus.
Click Here to Register for Bank Exams 2020 Preparation Material