Current Affairs 04th April 2023 are incorporated with the important news that made the current affairs headlines for banking or other competitive exams. Daily Current Affairs is the complete bag of important news that is held all day long. One should have complete knowledge about banking terms, current affairs news, etc. So, here is the GK update for 04th April 2023 to help you prepare the Current affairs part. After reading this section, you can successfully attempt Current Affairs Quiz.
Here is the Current Affairs 03rd April 2023 covering the following news headlines: PNGRB amends, Bastille Day parade, OPEC members, Arunachal Pradesh, Italy plans to ban English, Cope India.
Top 20 Daily Current Affairs: National & International News:
Here is providing below the top 20 important Daily General Knowledge 2023 updates with national & international news.
1. PNGRB amends regulation to allow unified tariff for natural gas pipelines
- The Petroleum and Natural Gas Regulatory Board (PNGRB) has introduced amendments to the PNGRB (Determination of Natural Gas Pipeline Tariff) regulations to include regulations related to a unified tariff for natural gas pipelines, with a vision of “One Nation, One Grid and One Tariff.”
- As per the regulations, PNGRB has established a levelised unified tariff of Rs 73.93/MMBTU and created three tariff zones for the unified tariff.
- The first zone covers a distance up to 300 km from the gas source, the second zone is 300-1,200 km, and the third zone is beyond 1,200 km.
- These zonal unified tariffs will take effect from April 1, 2023.
2. PM Modi invited to France for Bastille Day parade
- Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi has been invited to France for the Bastille Day parade, which is scheduled for July 14th.
- The invitation was extended by French President Emmanuel Macron, who expressed his desire to strengthen the bilateral ties between the two countries.
- The Bastille Day parade is a significant event in French history, commemorating the storming of the Bastille prison on July 14th, 1789, which was a turning point in the French Revolution.
- The parade is a celebration of the nation’s military and its achievements.
3. OPEC members announce cut in oil production exceeding one million barrels per day from next month
- In a sudden announcement, OPEC members, such as Saudi Arabia, the UAE, Iraq, Kuwait, and Algeria, have declared voluntary oil production cuts of more than one million barrels per day from May to December.
- They have stated that this is a preventive action to support the stability of the oil market.
- The group, which consists of 23 oil-producing countries, had reduced its collective output by two million barrels per day in the previous year and is expected to maintain the agreed-upon production levels at their upcoming virtual meeting.
4. China announces ‘renaming’ of 11 places in Arunachal Pradesh
- China’s Civil Affairs Ministry published a list of standardized names for 11 locations in Arunachal Pradesh, referring to it as “Zangnan,” the southern region of Tibet, and using Chinese, Tibetan, and pinyin characters.
- This move is seen as an attempt by China to stake a claim on the Indian state, in line with their regulations on geographical names.
- China’s Civil Affairs Ministry has disclosed the precise coordinates and official names of 11 locations in Arunachal Pradesh. These places include two residential areas, two land areas, five mountain peaks, and two rivers.
5. After ChatGPT, Italy plans to ban English language
- In a startling move, the Italian government has announced that it plans to ban the English language and impose heavy fines on individuals and organizations that continue to use it.
- The announcement comes just weeks after the ban on ChatGPT, a language model developed by OpenAI.
- The decision has been met with widespread criticism and has raised questions about Italy’s commitment to international cooperation and its position in the global economy.
- According to the government’s statement, the ban on English language use will be enforced with fines of up to Rs 89.3 lakh.
6. US and Indian Air Force to engage in ‘Cope India’ fighter training exercise
- Next week, India’s Sukhoi-30s, which are made in Russia, will participate in an exercise named ‘Cope India’ that involves dogfighting with American F-15 Strike Eagle fighter jets.
- The exercise was postponed due to the COVID-19 pandemic and is taking place after a four-year gap.
7. India GDP growth likely to moderate to 6.3% in FY24: World Bank
- According to a recent report by the World Bank, India’s GDP growth is predicted to slow down on April 1 to 6.3% from 6.6% in the fiscal year 2024.
- This decline is attributed to a reduction in consumption due to decreased income levels.
- However, experts believe that India’s high level of services exports, which reached a new peak in the last quarter of 2021, will help to protect the economy from external risks since the global economy is slowing down and is expected to have a negative impact on the country’s merchandise exports.
8. RBI appoints Neeraj Nigam as executive director
- On April 3, the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) announced that Neeraj Nigam has been appointed as the new executive director (ED).
- Nigam was previously the regional director of the Bhopal office of the bank, and will now assume his new role as ED.
- The RBI made this announcement through a press release.
9. Fino Payments Bank and Rajasthan Royals ties up for Digital Banking Partner
- Fino Payments Bank has renewed its association with Rajasthan Royals (RR) for the season 16 of IPL.
- Fino Bank will be RR’s official Digital Banking Partner.
- The bank made its maiden foray with the mega sporting event last season by partnering with RR as the Digital Payments Partner.
- The newly launched FinoPay digital savings account is expected to get more traction through this engagement.
10. Bank of Maharashtra inaugurated its first dedicated Branch for Start-ups in Pune
- State-owned Bank of Maharashtra (BoM) has opened its first dedicated branch for startups in Pune, Maharashtra.
- The dedicated branch will provide all kinds of support to a startup during its growth journey.
- Asheesh Pandey, Executive Director, Bank of Maharashtra, was present in the inaugural ceremony.
- Sadashiv Survase, Joint Director, Industries, Govt. of Maharashtra, Sajit Kumar, Senior VP SIDBI venture capital, General Managers of the bank, entrepreneurs from start-ups along with customers were present at the event.
11. UPI processes 8.7 bln transactions in March, highest ever since inception
- The Unified Payments Interface (UPI), India’s flagship digital payment platform, set a new record at the end of the fiscal year 2022-23.
- In March 2023, the UPI processed a historic high of 8.7 billion transactions, worth Rs 14.05 trillion.
- This achievement marks yet another milestone for the UPI since its inception.
12. RBI releases data on India’s International Investment Position for the end of December 2022
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has shared details on India’s International Investment Position (IIP) at the end of December 2022.
- According to the data, non-residents’ net claims in India dropped by US$ 12.0 billion between October and December 2022, settling at US$ 374.5 billion by the end of December 2022.
- The increase in India’s foreign liabilities was mainly driven by trade credits and loans.
- Additionally, reserve assets made up 64.3% of India’s international financial assets as of December 2022.
13. International Day for Mine Awareness 2023 observed on 4th April
- Every year on April 4, the world observes the International Day of Mine Awareness and Assistance in Mine Action, with the aim of creating awareness about the dangers of explosive mines and generating support for efforts aimed at eliminating them.
- The UN Mine Action Service (UNMAS) leads the mine action community, which plays a crucial role in achieving the goals of mine action.
- The United Nations Mine Action Service (UNMAS) has selected the theme “Mine Action Cannot Wait” for this year’s campaign, which seeks to draw attention to the long-standing issues caused by explosive mines in countries like Cambodia, Laos, and Vietnam.
Summits and Conferences
14. G20 EMPOWER 2nd Meeting: Accelerating Women’s Economic Empowerment
- The G20 EMPOWER Alliance is dedicated to accelerating women’s leadership and empowerment in the private sector.
- This initiative is critical not only for social justice but also for economic growth, given that the G20 represents more than 80% of the world’s GDP, 75% of international trade, and 60% of the world’s population.
- With its strategic position in the global economy, the G20 has enormous potential to advance gender equality and women’s empowerment.
15. Sheenu Jhawar becomes the first woman President of TiE Rajasthan
- The Indus Entrepreneurs (TiE) Rajasthan has appointed Dr. Sheenu Jhawar as the new President for a term of two years, from 2023 to 2025.
- This marks a historic moment as Dr. Jhawar becomes the first woman to hold this position in the 21-year history of TiE Rajasthan.
- She takes over from Dr. Ravi Modani, who had been leading the chapter effectively since 2021.
16. PM SVANidhi Scheme: Loans to Minority Street Vendors Remain Low
- The Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs informed the Rajya Sabha that under the PM SVANidhi scheme, 42.7 lakh loans worth ₹5,152.37 crore have been disbursed to street vendors.
- Shockingly, only 9.3% of these loans were granted to hawkers from minority communities, totaling 3.98 lakh loans.
- To assist street vendors in overcoming the economic difficulties caused by the pandemic, the government launched the PM SVANidhi micro-credit scheme in 2020.
- This initiative provides collateral-free loans of ₹10,000, with 7% interest subsidy, and subsequent loans of ₹20,000 and ₹50,000.
17. India and Romania sign first Defence Cooperation Agreement
- Romania’s deputy defence minister, Simona Cojocaru, recently met with India’s defence secretary, Giridhar Aramane, in New Delhi, during which the two countries signed their first Defence Cooperation Agreement.
- Cojocaru emphasised the significance of the pact, saying that it would provide the basis for expanding their military relationship and offering opportunities to work together in various fields.
- She also noted that Romania and India had already collaborated in a multinational environment, such as UN missions, and highlighted their joint contribution to enhancing stability and strengthening peace and security.
18. Madrid Spain Masters 2023:
- Gregoria Mariska Tunjung, an Indonesian badminton player, emerged victorious in the Women’s singles category at the Madrid Spain Masters 2023 finals.
- She defeated PV Sindhu from India, marking her first BWF World Tour title and her first win over PV Sindhu in eight matches.
- The tournament took place at Centro Deportivo Municipal Gallur in Madrid, Spain from March 28th to April 2nd, 2023, as part of the Spain Masters championship.
- The 2023 Spain Masters was the eighth event of the 2023 BWF World Tour.
19. Indian men, women bag 4th Asian Kho Kho titles
- India emerged as the winners in both men’s and women’s categories at the 4th Asian Kho Kho Championships held in Tamulpur, located in the Bodoland Territorial Region (BTR) of north-central Assam’s Baksa district.
- In the finals, the Indian men’s team beat Nepal by a margin of 6 points and an inning, while the Indian women’s team outscored their Nepalese opponents by 33 points and an inning.
- During the semi-finals of the 4th Asian Kho Kho Championships, the Indian men’s team defeated Sri Lanka by 45 points, while Nepal won against Bangladesh by 12 points with 1.5 minutes remaining.
- The Indian women’s team beat Bangladesh by 49 points and an inning in their semi-final, while Nepal comfortably won against Sri Lanka by 59 points and an inning in the other semi-final.
- Bangladesh and Sri Lanka shared the third place in both men’s and women’s categories.
20. Anjali Sharma conquer Mount Kilimanjaro in Africa, wearing Luanchari
- Anjali Sharma has made her state and country proud by successfully scaling the peak of Mount Kilimanjaro in South Africa while wearing a traditional Gaddi dress (Luanchadi).
- She is the first Indian woman to achieve this feat while wearing the Gaddi costume, and she aims to promote Gaddi culture on mountain peaks.
- Anjali had previously conquered a peak of 5289 meters at the age of 15 and also climbed Hanuman Tibba and Pahar Deo, both over 6001 meters in height.
- The Gaddi dress, or Luanchadi, is a traditional costume from the Indian state of Himachal Pradesh.
Important Current Affairs of 04th April 2023
Get all the International, National, Sports, Economy, latest schemes and appointments current affairs updates with Adda247 Headlines of the day. Adda247 headlines of the day brings you the best accumulation of the daily updates. Stay updated with us!