General awareness section is the most important part of every competitive exam, it can help you score well in the exam if you are updated with all the current news. Banking Awareness, Static GK and the current news are the parts that make the GA section complete. It is important to know what is happening in and outside of India. GK updates are incorporated with the important news that made the headlines today. It is the complete bag of the important news that held all day long. One should have complete knowledge about the banking terms, current affairs news, etc. So, here is the GK update of 12th October to help you prepare the Current affairs part. After reading this section, you can successfully attempt Current Affairs Quiz.
"Did you Know? In this pack you will get All new content we launch in the next 1 months"
This is the most recommended and NRA-CET ready Pack!
Use Code 'DREAM' to avail at the best price today
This package Includes IBPS PO Study Material - Subscribe Now
About Bank Mahapack
If you are preparing for more than 1 Banking & Insurance exams then this is the pack we recommend you buy.
It is most cost-effective and you get access to 100% digital content for Bank & Insurance exams on Adda247.
Banking & Insurance Exams Covered in this Pack
Additionally, you can crack any private bank job exam with content in this pack.
Bank & Insurance Mahapack Highlights
- Structured course content
- Recorded classes available if you miss any live class
- Previous Years’ Papers of all upcoming exams.
- Full Length Mocks based on the latest pattern with detailed solutions (video solutions for certain topics)
- Topic level knowledge tests
- Strategy sessions, time management & Preparation tips from the experts
Validity: 1 Month
- Unlimited Live Classes & Recorded Video Courses
- Unlimited Tests and eBooks
- 1 Lakh+ Selections
- 15 Months
- 9 Months
- 3 Months
- 27 Months
- 1 Month
1. India to extend over $60 mn line of credit to Comoros
- Vice President M Venkaiah Naidu has signed an MoU with the island nation Comoros. As per MoU, India will extend over $60 mn line of credit to Comoros for Energy and Maritime Defence Cooperation.
- The Line of Credit consists of over USD 41.6 million for setting up of 18 MW Power Plant in Moroni and another USD 20 million for the procurement of High-Speed Interceptor Boats.
- The Vice President was also conferred ‘The Order of the Green Crescent’, the highest Civilian Honour of Comoros, by Azali Assoumani, President of Comoros in Moroni.
Ranks and Reports
2. Forbes India Rich List 2019
- The business magazine Forbes has released “The Forbes India Rich List 2019” which has been topped by Reliance Industries chairman Mukesh Ambani with net worth of $51.4 billion.
- Mukesh Ambani remained the richest Indian for the 12th year in a row.
- Industrialist Gautam Adani jumped 8 spots on the list to become the 2nd richest Indian with net worth of $15.7 billion.
- The magazine stated that it was ‘a challenging year’ for the Indian economy.
- 5 of the Richest Indians in Forbes India Rich List 2019 are:
1. Mukesh Ambani with net worth of $51.4 billion
2. Gautam Adani with net worth of $15.7 billion
3. Hinduja Brothers with net worth of $15.6 billion
4. Pallonji Mistry with net worth of $15 billion
5. Uday Kotak with net worth of $14.8 billion
3. Ramesh Pandey selected for Asia Environmental Enforcement Award
- Indian Forest Service officer Ramesh Pandey has been selected for the prestigious Asia Environmental Enforcement Award by the United Nations Environment Programme.
- He is known for his investigation and intelligence gathering on poachers. He will receive the award at the United Nations Conference Centre in Bangkok. The selection panel has recognised his excellent work in combating trans-boundary environmental crime.
- Asia Environmental Enforcement Awards aims to publicly recognise outstanding achievements by public organisations and individuals in Asia to combat transboundary environmental crime.
4. Ashleigh Barty wins ‘The Don’ Award
- Ashleigh Barty has been awarded Australian sport’s highest individual honour ‘The Don’ Award at the annual Sport Australia Hall of Fame.
- With the award, she has joined legends like Cathy Freeman and Ian Thorpe in lifting the prestigious prize.
- Barty was the first Australian to win the French Open in 46 years and is now aiming to become the first Australian woman to end the season with the No.1 ranking since Margaret Court in 1973.
5. 2nd edition of India-Bangladesh CORPAT begins
- The 2nd edition of Coordinated Patrol (CORPAT) of the navies of India and Bangladesh has begun in Northern Bay of Bengal.
- Guided-missile destroyer INS Ranvijay and ingeniously built missile Corvette INS Kuthar are participating in the exercise along with BNS Ali Haider and BNS Shadinota from Bangladesh.
- The exercise aims at development of mutual communication and sharing of best practices between the two navies.
- The India Bangladesh CORPAT commenced in 2018.
Static/Current Takeaways Important For IBPS RRB Clerk Mains:
- Bangladesh Capital: Dhaka; Currency: Taka; PM: Sheikh Hasina.
6. World Migratory Bird Day: 12 October
- World Migratory Bird Day is observed on 12 October every year. It is an annual awareness-raising campaign highlighting the need for the conservation of migratory birds and their habitats.
- It has a global outreach and is an effective tool to help raise global awareness of the threats faced by migratory birds.
- Theme for 2019: Protect Birds: Be the Solution to Plastic Pollution!
Static/Current Takeaways Important For IBPS RRB Clerk Mains:
- Headquarters of United Nations: New York, USA; Founded: 24 October 1945.
- Secretary General of the United Nations: Antonio Guterres.
Summits and Conferences
7. 1st India Sports Summit held in New Delhi
- Minister of State for Youth and Sports Kiren Rijiju inagurated 1st India Sports Summit 2019 in New Delhi.
- He also underlined the need to induce a national sporting culture with the aim to make India a sporting powerhouse at the event.
- He also announced that a ‘Fit India’ mission office would be set up, with the help of the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII), to promote the aforementioned goals.
8. India-China 2nd Informal Summit begins in Tamil Nadu
- The 2nd “India-China Informal Summit” between Prime Minister Narendra Modi and China’s President Xi Jinping begins at Mamallapuram, Tamil Nadu.
- The 1st summit took place in Wuhan in the wake of the Doklam crisis in April, 2018.
9. “India International Cooperatives Trade Fair” inaugurated
- The 1st ever ‘India International Cooperatives Trade Fair’ has been inaugurated in New Delhi.
- The 3 day Fair is a major platform to promote export of products of cooperatives which will lead to enhanced rural and farm prosperity.
- Organisations from 35 countries and more than 150 Indian cooperatives are participating in the Fair.
- Agriculture Minister Narendra Singh Tomar also launched ‘Yuva Sahakar’ Cooperative Enterprise Support and Innovation Scheme 2019.
Learn Current Affairs with ADDA247 Youtube Channel. Check out the video below.
You may also like to Read:
- Study notes of banking awareness for IBPS Exam
- More questions of banking awareness for bank exams
- More Current affairs questions