Current Affairs 20th March 2023 are incorporated with the important news that made the current affairs headlines for banking or other competitive exams. Daily Current Affairs is the complete bag of important news that is held all day long. One should have complete knowledge about banking terms, current affairs news, etc. So, here is the GK update for 20th March 2023 to help you prepare the Current affairs part. After reading this section, you can successfully attempt Current Affairs Quiz.
Here is the Current Affairs 20th March 2023 covering the following news headlines: PM MITRA, Nepal’s third Vice President, 19 new districts, International Day of Happiness, International Ayurvet conclave.
Top 17 Daily Current Affairs: National & International News:
Here is providing below the top 17 important Daily General Knowledge 2022 updates with national & international news.
1. Seven PM MITRA (Pradhan Mantri Mega Integrated Textile Region and Apparel) Park sites announced
- Government, Ministry of Textiles, has issued a notification to set up 7 Mega Integrated Textile Region and Apparel (PM MITRA) Parks with a total outlay of Rs. 4,445 crore.
- Seven sites were chosen out of 18 proposals for PM MITRA parks which were received from 13 States.
- The Parks will come up in Tamil Nadu, Telangana, Gujarat, Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh, Uttar Pradesh and Maharashtra.
2. Ram Sahaya Prasad Yadav becomes Nepal’s third Vice President
- Ram Sahaya Prasad Yadav, a leader of the Janata Samajbadi Party, has won the election to become Nepal’s third Vice President.
- He was able to secure victory over Astalaxmi Shakya of CPN (UML) and Mamata Jha of the Janamat Party with support from Nepali Congress, CPN (Maoist Centre), and the CPN (Unified Socialist) including the ruling alliance.
- The election was held today with participation from 311 federal lawmakers and 518 Provincial Assembly members.
- The polling centre for the election was located at the New Baneshwor-based Federal Parliament Building in Kathmandu.
3. Rajasthan CM announced 19 new districts and three new divisions
- On 17 March 2023, Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot announced the creation of 19 new districts and 3 new divisions in the state during his course of the discussion on the Finance and Appropriation Bill in the Legislative Assembly.
- Rajasthan will now have 19 new districts and 3 new divisions, taking the number of districts to 50 and divisions to 10.
4. International Day of Happiness 2023 celebrates on 20 March
- The theme of International Day of Happiness for this year has been kept as “Be Mindful, Be Grateful, Be Kind.”
- International Day of Happiness Recognizes the importance of happiness: The day emphasizes the significance of happiness as a universal goal and a fundamental human right.
5. World Oral Health Day 2023 observed on 20th March
- World Oral Health Day is observed globally every year on March 20, with the primary objective of increasing awareness about the significance of oral health.
- The Oral Health day aims to encourage individuals to adopt good oral hygiene practices, take care of their teeth, and learn ways to prevent dental problems.
- According to a report by the WHO Global Oral Health, approximately 75% of the world’s population suffer from permanent teeth caries, while 514 million children experience caries in primary teeth.
- The theme for 2023 is ‘Be Proud of Your Mouth,’ which is the same theme used for the past three years. The campaign was launched by the FDI in 2021.
Summits and Conferences
6. International Ayurvet conclave on ‘Veterinary and Ayurveda’ inaugurated at Haridwar
- The Rishikul campus of Ayurvedic University in Haridwar recently hosted the International Ayurvet conclave with a theme on “Veterinary and Ayurveda”.
- The event, which began on March 17, was inaugurated by Sanjiv Baliyan, the Union Minister of State for Animal Husbandry, Dairying, and Fisheries.
7. PM Modi inaugurated the Global Millets Conference
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the Global Millets (Shree Anna) Conference in New Delhi on 18th March, 2023.
- He will also address the gathering on the occasion.
- The conference will be attended by Agriculture Ministers of various countries, international scientists, nutritionists, health experts, start-up leaders and other stakeholders.
8. Sikkim hosts B20 meeting under India’s G20 presidency
- The B20 Conference, held in Gangtok, Sikkim under India’s G20 presidency, focused on exploring business opportunities in tourism, hospitality, pharmaceuticals, and organic farming.
- The event brought together delegations from 22 countries and over 100 Indian delegations to showcase Sikkim’s potential in these sectors.
- This meeting will provide a unique opportunity to promote startups in North East India.
- The conference also presented an opportunity for India to address global challenges and showcase its leadership on the international stage.
9. G Krishnakumar appoints as Bharat Petroleum Corporation’s chairman
- Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited (BPCL), a ‘Maharatna’ and a Fortune Global 500 Company, announced that G. Krishnakumar has taken over as the Chairman and Managing Director of the company.
- Krishnakumar, an electrical and electronics engineer from National Institute of Technology, Tiruchirappalli and a postgraduate in finance management from Jamnalal Bajaj Institute of Management Studies, Mumbai, was executive director in the company before his elevation.
- He replaces Arun Kumar Singh, who retired as chairman in October 2022.
- Post that, Gupta was holding additional charge of the chairman. Krishnakumar will hold the position of chairman and managing director till April 2025 or until any further notice, whichever is earlier, according to an official order.
10. Lalit Kumar Gupta named as CMD of Cotton Corporation of India (CCI)
- Lalit Kumar Gupta has been approved as the new Chairman and Managing Director (CMD) of the Cotton Corporation of India (CCI) by the Appointments Committee of the Cabinet (ACC).
- CCI is a public sector undertaking under the Ministry of Textile.
- An order from the Department of Personnel & Training (DoPT) has been issued, stating that Gupta will assume the role of CMD of CCI with immediate effect, for a period of five years or until his superannuation, or until further orders, whichever comes first.
- Gupta was suggested by the PESB panel for the position of CMD of CCI, and he currently holds the position of Director (Finnane) within the same organisation.
11. FSIB suggests Ashwani Kumar name as MD and CEO of UCO Bank
- The Financial Services Institutions Bureau (FSIB) has suggested that Ashwani Kumar, an executive director at Indian Bank, be appointed as the managing director of UCO Bank.
- Kumar has previously held positions at several other public sector banks, including Bank of Baroda, Corporation Bank, Oriental Bank of Commerce, and Punjab National Bank (PNB).
- The FSIB interviewed 11 candidates from various PSBs for the role of MD & CEO.
- The final decision on the appointment will be made by the Appointments Committee of the Cabinet led by Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
12. Luxor Selects Virat Kohli as Brand Ambassador
- Luxor Writing Instruments Pvt Ltd, a stationery manufacturer, has appointed renowned cricketer Virat Kohli as its latest brand ambassador.
- Kohli is widely regarded as one of the best cricketers of all time, having set numerous records throughout his career.
- He will represent Luxor’s stationery products and help the company increase its appeal among young writers, thereby enhancing its position as a prominent writing instrument provider in the country.
13. Former Australia Cricket Captain Tim Paine Announces Retirement from the Sport
- Tim Paine, the former captain of the Australian test cricket team, has announced his retirement from cricket after playing his last Sheffield Shield first-class match for Tasmania against Queensland.
- Paine led the Australian team in 23 tests from 2018 to 2021 and played a total of 35 tests in his career.
- He took over as captain after Steve Smith was stripped of the role following the ball-tampering scandal during Australia’s 2018 tour of South Africa.
14. ‘Sagar Parikrama Phase IV’ concludes in Karnataka
- The Ministry of Fisheries, Animal Husbandry and Dairying announced that the fourth phase of the Sagar Parikrama program began on March 18 and concluded on March 19.
- The program covered three coastal districts of Karnataka – Uttara Kannada, Udupi, and Dakshina Kannada.
- Purushottam Rupala, the Union Minister for Fisheries, Animal Husbandry and Dairying, along with state ministers and stakeholders, were present at the event.
- During the program, progressive fishermen were recognized for their achievements related to various schemes, such as Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana (PMMSY), Kisan Credit Card (KCC) and State Scheme.
Ranks and Reports
15. Global Terrorism Index – India ranked 13th, topped by Afghanistan
- Afghanistan remains the country most impacted by terrorism for the fourth consecutive year, despite attacks and deaths falling by 75 per cent and 58 per cent, respectively, the tenth Global Terrorism Index (GTI) report showed.
- India ranked 13th on the index, marking only a marginal decrease from the previous year.
- In spite of being among the 25 worst-hit nations on the index, Indian respondents desisted from selecting war and terrorism as the biggest threat to their daily safety.
16. Oscars awards 2023 : Check the complete list of winners
- Oscars 2023: The 95th Academy Awards (Oscars Awards 2023) are finally announced and the fans are excited to know how India fares at Oscars Awards 2023.
- The Academy Awards, or Oscars Awards 2023, which were originally held in 1929, recently celebrated their 95th anniversary.
- The Oscars Awards 2023 held on March 13 IST in Los Angeles’ Dolby theatre. It was hosted by popular late night show host Jimmy Kimmel.
17. Sampanna Ramesh sets record as fastest Indian to swim across Palk Strait
- Sampanna Ramesh Shelar, a Bachelor of Physical Education student, has set a new record by becoming the fastest Indian in the under-21 category to swim across the Palk Strait, from Talaimannar in Sri Lanka to Dhanuskodi in Tamil Nadu.
- He completed the 29 km distance in just 5 hours and 30 minutes, beating the previous record of 8 hours and 26 minutes.
- Shelar started his swim at 6:00 am on Thursday and reached Dhanushkodi at 11:26 am.
- He is coached by Mr. Jitendra Khasnis and plans to complete solo swims across the English and Catalina Channels to achieve the Oceans Seven Challenge.
Important Current Affairs of 20th March 2023
Get all the International, National, Sports, Economy, latest schemes and appointments current affairs updates with Adda247 Headlines of the day. Adda247 headlines of the day brings you the best accumulation of the daily updates. Stay updated with us!