This section can be easy as pie if your basics are clear. Sometimes, even those who can communicate very well in English, fail to perform to the best of their ability in the banking exams. So, instead of boiling the ocean, try building up a strong vocabulary, an effective knowledge of grammar, and efficient comprehension skills so as to be on the ball to face this particular section. Here is a quiz being provided by Adda247 to let you practice the best of latest pattern English Questions.
Q1. Ail: This medicine is good for what/whatever ails you.
Q2. Welter: We need to sort through the welter of data we have collected.
Q3. Cornucopia: The book includes a cornucopia of wonderful stories.
Q4. Knavery: Other cities may let such things go, but we don’t stand for any such knavery here
Q5. Embellished: White walls are embellished with black grass wallpaper and surface details are defined in marble, natural stone and tiles
Q6. Cogitating: With a frustrated sigh, he sat back and cogitated, going over his various options.
Q7. Tyranny: Self-expression and individuality are the greatest weapons against tyranny
Q8. Suffusion: He suffered from suffusion of blood on the brain.
Q9. Precarious: He was unable to get down from his precarious position on the rocks.
Q10. Surly- the surly receptionist told us we’d have to wait outside in the rain
Q11. Pique- A talented youngster who smashes his guitar in a fit of pique finds it magically reassembled just in time for a crucial concert.
Q12. Limpid: Her limpid prose made even the most recondite subjects accessible to all.
Q13. Stride: He was standing only a few strides away from me.
Q14. Expletive: Expletives were deleted from the transcript of their conversation.
(d) offensive words
Q15. Hiatus: The band is making an album again after a five-year hiatus.
- Read Tips and Tricks To Solve Reading Comprehension
- Read Tips and Tricks to Solve Coherent Paragraph| Odd Sentence out
- Read 5 Tips and Tricks To Solve New Pattern Cloze Test
- Read 5 Tips and Tricks To Solve New Pattern Fillers Questions
- Read 5 Tips and Tricks To Solve Paragraph Completion Questions
- Read The Most Important Phrasal Verbs Part -I | Download PDF
- Read The Most Important Phrasal Verbs -Part II | Download PDF
- Read The Most Important Phrasal Verbs -Part III | Download PDF
- Apply Online for 760 Executives Post in IDBI Bank