HDFC Bank launched ‘Bank on Wheels’ in Gujarat: ‘Bank on Wheels is an initiative by HDFC Bank that is started in Gujarat with the motive of improving banking accessibility in remote areas. This initiative will lead to increased banking penetration in our country. The Rural Banking division is implementing a number of steps in order to increase access to banking in rural areas of the nation. ‘Bank on Wheels’ service is one of those steps. This van is a part of the pilot initiative, and more such vans will soon be deployed in different states. This will provide a great chance to help those who live in rural and semi-urban settings.
‘Bank on Wheels’ in Gujarat
- For the state of Gujarat, HDFC Bank introduced its “Bank on Wheels” service. It’s a part of a trial program to provide banking services in places where there is no accessibility.
- ‘Bank on Wheels’ vans have been introduced by HDFC Bank’s Rural Banking division, and they will travel between 10 and 25 km to visit isolated areas.
- 21 banking services and products are available to customers, and the van will visit three villages in one day.
- Every village will get two weekly visits from the van.
- This van will offer almost all of the services that we find in an HDFC Bank branch, including Cash Deposit Machines, ATMs, and a special product range created for customers who use rural banking
- This program is a part of a pilot experiment to provide banking services in places that are not served by banks.
- HDFC Bank is one of the top private banks in India.
- It was one of the first to get the go-ahead from the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) to launch a private sector bank in 1994.
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- Tagline: We Understand Your World