IBPS Clerk 2020 Eligibility:- IBPS has released the notification for IBPS Clerk 2020 on 1st September on its official site @ibps.in, Candidates who are wishing to apply for 1555 IBPS Clerk Vacancies, They first need to check the IBPS Clerk 2020 Eligibility criteria. Candidates are advised to check the IBPS Clerk Age Limit, Nationality, and Qualification, and other details first before applying for IBPS Clerk 2020. Here we have explained brief of IBPS Clerk 2020 Eligibility, candidates appearing in IBPS Clerk must check the IBPS Clerk eligibility criteria. Get the details about IBPS Clerk age limit, Nationality, Qualification details on this space, and apply for the exam.
The organisation has made available the application form for the recruitment process online and the last date for the submission of the application form is 23rd September 2020. The IBPS Clerk Prelims exam will be held on 5th, 12th & 13th December 2020. The exam comprises of two stages- Preliminary and Main. Get the details about the IBPS Clerk 2020 Eligibility and apply for the exam.
IBPS Clerk 2020 Eligibility: Nationality
A candidate must be either:
(i) A resident of India or
(ii) A subject of Nepal or
(iii) A subject of Bhutan or
(iv) A Tibetan Refugee who came over to India before January 1, 1962, with the intention of permanently settling in India or
(v) A person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries (Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania), Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India. Provided they should belong to categories – (ii), (iii), (iv) & (v) above shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India.
IBPS Clerk 2020 Eligibility: Educational Qualification
IBPS Clerk Eligibility for Education: Candidates should have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent qualification in any discipline. Candidates must have valid mark sheet on the day they register for the exam.The candidate must possess valid Mark-sheet / Degree Certificate on the day he / she registers and fill the percentage of marks obtained in Graduation while registering online. Below is the IBPS Clerk Qualification in details:
Computer knowledge: Candidates must have an operating and working knowledge of the computer. This means they should have certificate/diploma/degree in computer operations/language/ studied computer/ information technology in high school.
Proficiency in official language: Candidates must have proficiency in the official language of the state/UT for which they will apply. Candidates should know how to read/write and speak the official language of the state/UT.
Following are some rules related to IBPS Clerk 2020 Educational Qualification.
(1)All the educational qualifications mentioned above should be from a University/ Institution/ Board recognized by Govt. Of India/ approved by Govt. Regulatory Bodies and the final result should have been declared on or before 23.09.2020. Proper document from Board / University for having announced the result on or before 23.09.2020 has to be presented at the time of joining. The passing date of the eligibility examination will be the date seem on the mark-sheet or provisional certificate issued by University/ Institute.
If the result of the examination is posted online on the website of the University/ Institute and a web-based certificate is issued then proper document/certificate in original issued and signed by the appropriate authority of the University/ Institute indicating the date of passing properly mentioned thereon will be computed for verification and further process.
(2) Candidate should show the percentage acquired in Graduation calculated to the nearest two decimals in the online application. Where CGPA / OGPA is given, the same should be changed into percentage and shown in the online application. The candidate will have to show a certificate issued by the appropriate authority inter alia stating that the norms of the University regarding conversion of grade into percentage and the percentage of marks scored by the candidate in terms of rules.
(3) Calculation of Percentage: The percentage marks shall be come by dividing the total marks obtained by the candidate in all the subjects in all semester(s)/year(s) by aggregate maximum marks (in all the subjects irrespective of honors / optional/additional optional subject, if any) multiplied by 100. This will apply to those Universities also where Class / Grade is decided based on Honours marks only. The fraction of percentage so come will be ignored i.e. 59.99% will be treated as less than 60% and 54.99% will be treated as less than 55%.
IBPS Clerk Eligibility 2020: Age limit
Age Eligibility for IBPS Clerk Exam: A candidate must be at least 20 years and maximum age limit is 28 years. IBPS Clerk notification has laid down the limitations pertaining to age, there are relaxations for certain section of people.
Age Limit:- 20-28 Years
Relaxation of Upper Age limit for IBPS
|Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe||5 years|
|Other Backward Classes (Non-Creamy Layer)||3 years|
|Persons With Disability||10 years|
|Ex-Servicemen/Disabled Ex-Servicemen||Actual period of service rendered in the Defence forces + 3 years (8 years for Disabled Ex Servicemen belonging to SC/ST) subject to a maximum age limit of 50 years|
|Widows Divorced women and women legally separated from their husbands who have not remarried||9 years|
|Persons affected by 1984 riots||5 years|
|Regular employees of the Union Carbide Factory, Bhopal retrenched from service (Applicable to Madhya Pradesh state only)||5 years|
Following are the some rule related to relaxation in age limit:-
- The relaxation in the upper age limit to SC / ST / OBC candidates is permitted on a progressive basis.
- The maximum age limit specified applies to General Category candidates and EWS Category Candidates.
- Candidates looking for age relaxation will be essential to submit the mandatory certificate(s) in original / copies at the time of joining.
The following rules apply to Ex-Servicemen re-employed under the Central government applied to Ex-Servicemen candidates participating in the examination:
- Ex-Servicemen candidates who have already secured employment under the Central Government in Group ‘C’ and ‘D’ will be allowed the benefit of age relaxation as guided by Ex-Servicemen for connecting A further employment in a higher grade or cadre in Group ‘C’ /’D’ under the Central Government. However, such candidates will not be eligible for the advantage of reservation on the second time for Ex-Servicemen in Central Government jobs. An Ex-Serviceman who has once joined a Government job on the civil side after the advantage given to him/her as an Ex-Servicemen for his / her re-employment, his / her ex-servicemen status will be leaded in terms of OM No. 36034/1/2014 Estt. (Res.) dated August 14, 2014, of Government of India, Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances, and Pensions.
- Candidates who are still in the armed forces and wishing to apply under the Ex-Servicemen category whose date of completion of a specific period of engagement (SPE) is completed one year from the last date of online application i.e. on or before October 8, 2020, are entitled to apply.
IBPS Clerk 2020 Eligibility FAQs
Q: what is the age limit to appear in IBPS Clerk exam?
A: A candidate must be at least 20 years and maximum age limit is 28 years to appear in IBPS Clerk 2020 Exam.
Q: Can A Final Year student apply for IBPS Clerk 2020?
A: No, you are not eligible to apply for IBPS Clerk.
Q: Are there any minimum qualifying marks required in graduation?
A: No, there are no qualifying marks required in graduation.
Q: Is relaxation in the upper age limit provided to reserved category candidates?
A: Yes, relaxation in the upper age limit is provided to the candidates belonging to reserved categories.
Q: How many times can I appear for IBPS Clerk?
A: There is no limit to the number of attempts.
Q.What is the IBPS clerk age limit for OBC?
Ans:- IBPS Clerk age limit for OBC (Non-Creamy Layer) have 3 years of age relaxation in age limit, Means their age limit is 31 years.