IBPS Clerk notification 2019is already released in the month of September. The last date to apply online is over now. Candidates who wants to pursue their career in various public sector banks must have start preparing for IBPS Clerk exam already. IBPS Clerk is a two stage selection examination: prelims and mains. As per the official notification IBPS Clerk exam dates for preliminary stage is scheduled to be held on 7th, 8th, 14th and 21st December 2019. The IBPS Clerk exam date for mains stage is 19th January 2020. There is no interview in IBPS Clerk Selection Process 2019. Candidates just have to go through two stages, after which they will be alloted prvisionally in public sector banks. In this article we are providing you with the procedure of IBPS to recruit candidates for the post of clerk in various public sector banks.
IBPS Clerk Selection Process 2019
IBPS conducts IBPS Clerk exam in two stages: prelims and mains. To get through the clerk post in various public sector bank, we need to know IBPS Clerk exam pattern, IBPS Clerk syllabus and IBPS Previous Year Paper. We have everything in this article that will make you know the selection process of IBPS Clerk 2019 ranging from exam pattern, syllabus and stages that forms the part of IBPS Clerk Selection Process 2019.
IBPS Clerk Prelims exam
This is the first phase of IBPS Clerk exam 2019. The prelims phase of IBPS Clerk exam 2019 is to be held on 7th, 8th, 14th and 21st December 2019. There is a sectional cut-off and section-wise timing IBPS Clerk exam 2019. There is no as such change in the pattern of exam for IBPS Clerk. Prelims is an objective test with 100 marks in total in 60 minutes duration.
The following table depicts the IBPS Clerk prelims pattern 2019:
|S.No.||Name of Tests(Objective)||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|1||English Language||30||30||20 minutes|
|2||Quantitative Aptitude||35||35||20 minutes|
|3||Reasoning Ability||35||35||20 minutes|
- There is sectional cut-off as well as overall cut-off for IBPS Clerk exam.
- Candidates needs to secure minimum cut-off marks decided by IBPS to clear the preliminary examination of IBPS Clerk.
- There is also negative marking for every wrong attempts which is 0.25 marks for each question.
- Prelims stage is qualifying in nature and hence its marks does not have place in the merit list.
IBPS Clerk Mains Exam
IBPS Clerk mains exam is to be held on 19th January as per the IBPs notification.The mains stage of IBPS Clerk exam is the most important and the final stage. There is sectional as well as overall cut-off in the mains exam as well. Candidates need to meet the minimum cut-off marks prescibed by IBPS to get selected. However, with cut-off, aspirants need to get good score as the mains examination marks are important for IBPS Clerk selection process 2019. The merit list is prepared with the help of IBPS Clerk mains marks.
Following table depicts the mains pattern for IBPS Clerk exam 2019:
|Sr. No||Name of Tests
(NOT BY SEQUENCE)
|Medium of Exam||Time allotted for each
test (Separately timed)
|1||General/ Financial Awareness||50||50||English & Hindi||35 minutes|
|2||English Language||40||40||English||35 minutes|
|3||Reasoning Ability & Computer Aptitude||50||60||English & Hindi||45 minutes|
|4||Quantitative Aptitude||50||50||English & Hindi||45 minutes|
- The exam pattern of IBPS Clerk 2019 is the same as 2018.
- Candidates need to meet the sectional cut-offs as well as overall cut-off marks.
- There is sectional timing in IBPS Clerk exam. So, while preparing keep this in mind.
- IBPS Clerk mains exam is objective in nature.
- Unlike IBPS Clerk prelims exam, IBPS Clerk mains exam is not qualifying in nature. The marks of mains exam is handed-down in the merit list.
- IBPS Clerk mains is the final stage of recruitment for the post of clerk in various public sector banks.
- There is a penalty of 0.25 marks for every worng attempts in mains stage as well.
IBPS Clerk preparation tips:
IBPS Clerk exam is not very different from other banking examination. If prepared well, it can be aced within few months. Here are some tips for aspirant to crack IBPS Clerk 2019:
- Go through IBPS Clerk exam pattern for getting info about the exam.
- Read IBPS Clerk syllabus thoroughly to know the topics of the IBPS Clerk exam.
- Solve as many mock test as possible.
- Solve previous year’s paper of IBPS Clerk exam.
- Revise weekly whatever you read, practice and learn.
- Take speed test as it will make you aware of the exam competitive level.