IBPS PO Mains Exam 2019 is to be held on 30th November 2019. IBPS has released the result of IBPS PO Prelims Exam on 1st November 2019. All the aspirant who have made through the prelims stage must have started their preparation already. Acing the mains stage of IBPS PO is not an easy nut to crackle because it has a different pattern than the prelims stage. The mains stage consist of 4 section of objective type and a descriptive test. Most of the candidates in the lieu of saving time for the objective test, ignore the descriptive test preparation. However, Descriptive test consist of 25 marks and its marks are added in the merit list of the examination. So, it is important for all the aspirant who are about to be appear for the IBPS PO Mains that they go should prepare the descriptive part as well for the exam to emerge in flying colours.
There are two parts or questions in a descriptive test: Essay and Letter Writing. Together they carries a marks of 25 in total. Descriptive Test demands a significant writing practice. In this article, we will help you in certain Letter Writing Tips to help you ace the descriptive test of IBPS PO Mains 2019.
What is a Formal Letter?
In all the bank exam descriptive test, the letter is asked in the formal format due to but obvious reason. We are sharing an insight of the same.
A formal letter is that letter which is written when you address someone you
only know in a professional capacity. Formal letter is one of the most challenging types of letter format. The quality of the content, accompanied with spelling and grammar is scrutinized by the examiner.
A formal letter is written for the following purposes:
A formal letter is written to:
- The government departments
- News Paper Editor.
- Bank Manager
- Your Boss.
Format of Letter Writing
The most important thing in letter writing is it’s format. It is important for a candidate to stick to the format of formal letter in the examination. With the content, the format is the first thing that an examiner check while scrutinizing the letter. Here is the step by step Letter format:
- Write your (sender’s) address and today’s date at the top of the page, on the left corner.
- Make sure you write the full date in any Standard Format like 20 November 2019 or November 20, 2019.
- Write the name and address of the recipient.
- Write The Subject of the letter.
- Write the salutation “Sir” or “Madam”
- Write the body of the letter.
- Write Your’s truly or Your’s Faithfully in the end in the left corner.
- Write your name and designation followed by the above step on the left corner.
Remember to Keep the letter open with a clear statement of purpose.
Key Points to keep in mind
There are certain point that you should ignore while writing a formal letter.
- Do not use contractions (write does not instead of doesn’t)
- Phrase the questions formally.
- Read the letter for spelling and grammar once you are done.
- Don’t write any un-necessary thing in the Letter.
- Keep it short and direct.
Previous year’s Letter Topics
IBPS PO Mains 2018 Letter Topics:
Letter Writing (150 words)
1) Write a letter to the editor on types of pollution and how to reduce it.
2) Write a letter to your neighbor thanking them for their help in the hour of need.
IBPS PO Mains 2017 Letter Topics:
1. Write a Letter to you friend encouraging and advising him to plan his own start-up
2. Letter to your office colleague
3. Write a letter to the branch manager requesting him to block your credit card as you’ve lost it and ask him to issue you a new card.
You may also like to read:
- How To Write An Essay For IBPS PO Mains Descriptive Exam
- IBPS PO Mains Descriptive Test: Expected Topics