Independence Day 2023
India will cherish its 77th Independence Day this Tuesday, 15 August 2023. Independence Day 2023 is coming up with a broad range of significance, celebration and revolutionizing themes. Moreover, the history of Independence Day 2023 has always enlightened a crucial impact on every Indian. The patriotism among the Indians can be seen through various events and occasions on Independence Day 2023. In this article, we will elaborate on all the pivotal aspects of Independence Day and how people celebrate it with great authenticity. Read this post to unveil the significance, history, celebrations, theme and motive of this year’s Independence Day 2023.
Independence Day 2023 Date
India will mark its 77th Independence Day on 15 August this year. The country is going to celebrate its benevolent years of freedom from the last 76 years. On this date, India was able to fight for their rights and got freedom from the British Colonial Rule. So, this date signifies a milestone for the whole nation. Indians present around the globe also celebrate Independence Day to showcase their unity. Independence Day 2023 reminds us of the soulful struggles that brought back our liberation from the rulings of the Britishers after two centuries. Many leaders and freedom fighters have given their lives to acquire the notion of Independence. For them making the nation free was the primary motive. In this post, we will deliver accurate details about the Independence Day 2023 history, significance, theme and more.
Independence Day 2023 History
Independence Day has a great and revolutionary history that will raise feelings of patriotism within you. On the occasion of Independence Day 2023, we are going to give you a brief description of its history.
- In 1757, the East India Company marked their dominance over India by defeating the Nawab of Bengal during the Battle of Plassey.
- After the beat, British Rule conquered India.
- The first and primary war against British rule was rebellious during 1857 but was unsuccessful in front of the massive stake of Britishers.
- In 1885, the first political party in India was established. After World War I ended during 1918, Indian activists have given rise to Self-rule, which was famed to be known as ‘Swaraj’.
- In 1929, ‘Purna Swaraj’ was coined by the Indian National Congress Party in an assembly in Lahore. This was the pitch for the Independence of India.
- A wide range of meetings has been arranged between the Congress Party and the British Government. Finally, Lord Mountbatten, who had worked as the last ruler, was down for this demand.
- On 15 August 1947, India was segmented into two countries by Lord Mountbatten, and the nations were India and Pakistan.
- This is how India got its independence in 1947.
Independence Day 2023 Significance
India observes Independence Day with many patriotic initiatives. Moreover, the day is declared to be a national holiday. The following date is considered to be a reminder of abundant sacrifices done by our great warriors to amplify the liberation movement. For them, only British domination had been defeated, and India became independent. So, this day is very significant for every Indian.
Even the Indian flag demonstrates the motives of struggles through its three vibrant colours. Saffron denotes sacrifice and courage. White showcases peace, and finally the Green represents prosperity. On the other hand, the Ashoka Chakra in the middle of the flag demonstrates the life cycle. Let us get into the exemplary theme of Independence Day 2023.
Independence Day 2023 Theme
Independence Day 2023 has a beautiful and influencing theme this time which is noted as “Nation First, Always First”. This theme will be celebrated as an integral part of ‘Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav’. The following Government of India has come up with lucrative initiatives to celebrate these events on huge terms. The observations and events will comprehensively amplify the importance and benevolence of different Indian cultures across the states.
Independence Day 2023 Celebrations
Independence Day 2023 is considered to be one of the leading celebrations of India. This time also, many events and programs have been getting initiated by leading organizations. On 15 August, Prime Minister Narendra Modi is going to deliver his speech straight from the Red Fort. The ceremony will be attended by around 1,800 people from various levels of the country. So, this Independence Day, you can visit many programs happening around your place and enjoy watching patriotic films and songs with your friends and family.