| Updated On August 17th, 2020 at 08:52 pm
JEE Mains 2020: The Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) is the key to get admissions into many engineering colleges throughout India. Conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA), this is an organized and systematic process starting with the onset of JEE Mains registration and culminating with the counselling process.
This is a national level examination, given by students after Class 12th, for securing admissions from various undergraduate, postgraduate and other professional degree courses, like B.E., B. Tech, B. Planning and B. Arch programmes.
"Did you Know? In this pack you will get All new content we launch in the next 1 months"
This is the most recommended and NRA-CET ready Pack!
Use Code 'DREAM' to avail at the best price today
This package Includes IBPS PO Study Material - Subscribe Now
About Bank Mahapack
If you are preparing for more than 1 Banking & Insurance exams then this is the pack we recommend you buy.
It is most cost-effective and you get access to 100% digital content for Bank & Insurance exams on Adda247.
Banking & Insurance Exams Covered in this Pack
Additionally, you can crack any private bank job exam with content in this pack.
Bank & Insurance Mahapack Highlights
- Structured course content
- Recorded classes available if you miss any live class
- Previous Years’ Papers of all upcoming exams.
- Full Length Mocks based on the latest pattern with detailed solutions (video solutions for certain topics)
- Topic level knowledge tests
- Strategy sessions, time management & Preparation tips from the experts
Validity: 1 Month
- Unlimited Live Classes & Recorded Video Courses
- Unlimited Tests and eBooks
- 1 Lakh+ Selections
- 15 Months
- 9 Months
- 3 Months
- 27 Months
- 1 Month
Conducted on two levels as JEE Mains and JEE Advanced, students who satisfy the specified cut-off for JEE Mains are qualified for JEE Advanced. While JEE Mains allows admissions into Indian Institutes of Information Technologies (IIIT’s), National Institutes of Technologies (NIT’S), Central Funded Technical Institutes (CFTI’s), etc., candidates clearing the JEE Advanced are eligible for admissions into the most distinguished institutes of India, the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT’s) and Indian School of Mines (ISM’s) Dhanbad. However, candidates who have cleared the JEE Mains, but couldn’t clear the JEE Advanced, can get admission into institutions like Indian Institute of Information Technology, National Institute of Technology and other government and private engineering colleges.
Here is all you have to know about JEE.
JEE Mains 2020 Mode of Examination
- The entrance test will be completely online through a Computer Based Test (CBT) mode with an exception for the drawing section of B. Arch.
- The total time of the examination is 3 hours.
- The examination has a total 90 questions, divided into three sections, Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics, with each section having 30 questions each with equal weightage for each of these sections in case of BE/B.Tech (Paper 1).
- For B.Arch / B.Planning (Paper 2), the three sections are Mathematics, Aptitude test and Drawing test, of which the first two sections have objective questions. The Drawing Test is an offline mode assessment to check the aptitude for drawing of the candidates.
- In total, the question paper has questions amounting to a total of 360 marks.
- All of these questions are objective in nature which are either Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) or Numerical Value Type questions (NVT) with 4 options, and you have to make your choice for one among them.
- Each correct answer is rewarded 4 marks while there are no marks for questions that had not been answered or were marked for review.
- There is negative marking for each wrong answer, with 1/4 marks deducted for each wrong answer. However, no negative marks are there for the NVTs.
The choice of medium of the question papers is yours to make, from the options of English, Hindi, and Gujarati. The candidates can choose the language which they are comfortable in during the application process itself.
Your performance in 12th standard and the marks scored will have no effect on your application.
The examination paper has around 20% questions which are easy, about 50% of the questions are average, and the remaining 25% can be tough or hard. Following the trends of previous years, it can be inferred that the cut-off of JEE Mains for admission into institutions like NITs and IIITs is around 60%.
However, if you are aiming for esteemed institutions like NITs and IIITs which consider your performance in board exams, you are required to score a minimum of 75% marks (65% for SC/ST) in 12th standard or make it to the top 20 percentile of the board.
JEE Mains 2020 Exam Date
Formerly scheduled date in April had to be postponed due to the unfortunate circumstances of COVID 19.
According to the latest announcement made on May 5, 2020 by the HR minister, JEE Mains is scheduled to be conducted from 18th to 23rd of July 2020. This will be conducted for three papers, Paper-I for B. Tech courses, Paper-II for B. Arch and Paper-III for B. Planning courses.
JEE Mains 2020 Admit Card
The candidates can get their admit cards, made available by the National Testing Agency (NTA) at jeemain.nta.nic.in. All candidates who have successfully submitted their application form are issued their admit cards. To download the admit cards, the candidates are expected to sign into their candidate portal by entering their application number and password. This will be made available to the students who can download it until the last day of the examination. The students are expected to carry a printout of the admit card to grant them entry into the examination hall. Under no circumstances can a candidate fail to submit their admit cards, which will restrict them from entering the hall to give the examination, during the verification process. The admit card also carries the details of exam centre, time, instructions, etc.
The students are also required to carry a valid photo id proof, passport size photograph, and other required documents along with them.
JEE Mains 2020 Eligibility
Age: The students should be less than 25 years of age, with five-year relaxation for SC, ST, and PwD candidates.
Educational qualification: The candidates aspiring to appear for the exam should have qualified the Class XII Board Examination (or equivalent) with physics, chemistry, mathematics.
Nationality: Only the candidates with Indian Nationality are allowed to appear for the exam.
If you are currently studying in 12th grade, you are eligible to take the JEE Mains exams for the next three years. Since this exam can be taken 2 times every year, in January and April, this gives you a maximum of 6 chances to sit for this exam.
|Atma Nirbhar Bharat Abhiyan- PM Announces 20 Lakh Crore Economic Package||COVID-19 Mortality Rate in India and Comparison with other Countries||India’s COVID-19 Recovery Rate and Recovery Time||List of Red, Orange, Green Zone districts for Lockdown|
JEE Mains 2020 Important dates
For the year 2020, the first attempt has been conducted from January 6, 2020, to January 9, 2020. The revised dates for the second attempt are from July 18. 2020 to July 23, 2020.
All other new important dates after revision, including the Availability of JEE Main 2020 Admit Card, Release of Answer Key and OMR sheets, Answer Key challenge acceptance, Result declaration and All India Rank declaration are yet to be declared.