| Updated On January 31st, 2020 at 12:54 pm
RBI Assistant 2020 Online Application and Fee Payment Ends Today on 24th January 2020. Candidates who want to apply for 926 vacancies of Assistants in the Reserve Bank of India can apply before midnight of 24 January. Direct link to Apply Online is given below, also check important details like eligibility, exam pattern, important dates before you apply online.
RBI Assistant Prelims exam is going to be conducted on 14th/15th February 2020. Whereas RBI Assistant Mains exam will take place on March 2020 tentatively. Dates for the Mains exam will be announced soon by the organization.
"Did you Know? In this pack you will get All new content we launch in the next 3 months"
This is the most recommended and NRA-CET ready Pack!
Use Code 'DREAM' to avail at best price today
This package Includes IBPS PO Study Material - Subscribe Now
About Bank Mahapack
If you are preparing for more than 1 Banking & Insurance exams then this is the pack we recommend you buy.
It is most cost effective and you get access to 100% digital content for Bank & Insurance exams on Adda247.
Banking & Insurance Exams Covered in this Pack
Additionally, you can crack any private bank job exam with content in this pack.
Bank & Insurance Mahapack Highlights
- Structured course content
- Recorded classes available if you miss any live class
- Previous Years’ Papers of all upcoming exams.
- Full Length Mocks based on the latest pattern with detailed solutions (video solutions for certain topics)
- Topic level knowledge tests
- Strategy sessions, time management & Preparation tips from the experts
Validity: 3 Months
Note: This package is not a part of Double Validity Offer
- Unlimited Live Classes & Recorded Video Courses
- Unlimited Tests and eBooks
- 1 Lakh+ Selections
- 24 Months
- 1 Month
- 12 Months
- 3 Months
1.RBI Assistant 2020: Important Dates
According to RBI Assistant official notification, The preliminary exam will take place on 14th and 15th February tentatively. Whereas RBI Assistant Mains exam will be held in March 2020 however RBI reserves the rights to make changes in the dates announced.
|RBI Assistant Prelims Exam||14th & 15th February 2020 (Tentatively)|
|Download of Prelims Admit card||Expected to be released in February 2020|
|RBI Assistant Prelims Result||14th/15th February (Expected)|
|RBI Assistant Mains Exam||March 2020 (Tentatively)|
|Download of Mains Admit Card||Expected in March 2020|
|Language Proficiency Test||After Mains Exam (will be informed by RBI)|
2.RBI Assistant Selection Procedure
RBI Assistant recruitment will be done via three phases. Candidates willing to work with the Reserve Bank Of India must clear all the three levels to be provisionally selected for the RBI Assistant post. The three stages in the RBI Assistant exam are:
- Preliminary Exam
- Mains Exam
- Language Proficiency Test
Preliminary exam would be qualifying in nature while the candidates for the last round i.e LPT would be selected on the basis of the marks obtained in the mains exam. Marks secured in the RBI Assistant mains exam would be considered for final selection.
You may also like to read:
3.RBI Assistant Exam Pattern
There will be three sections in the RBI Assistant exam i.e Reasoning Ability, English Language, Numerical Ability. Each section will be given 20 minutes to be completed. Test would consist of 60 minutes carrying 100 marks for 100 questions (Overall)
- Time Allowed- 1 hour
- Total Number of questions- 100 Questions
- Sectional Time- Yes
- Sectional Cut Off- Yes
|Serial Number||Name of Test||No. of Question||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|1.||English Language||30||30||20 Minutes|
|3.||Numerical Ability||35||35||20 Minutes|
- Total time allowed: 135 minutes
- Total question: 200 questions
- Sectional Timing- Yes
- Sectional Cut Off- Yes
There will be sectional timing in the Mains examination. Each section inclusding General Awareness and Computer knowledge will consist of 40 questions carrying 40 marks. Complete test would consist of 135 minutes in total.
|Serial Number||Name of Test||No. of Question||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|1.||Test Of English Language||40||40||30 minutes|
|2.||Test of Reasoning||40||40||30 minutes|
|3.||Test Of Computer Knowledge||40||40||30 minutes|
|4.||Test Of General Awareness||40||40||25 minutes|
|5.||Test of Numerical Ability||40||40||20 minutes|
4.RBI Assistant Syllabus 2020:
Syllabus of RBI Assistant is more or less similar to other banking examinations. Syllabus given below is based on the topics asked in the previous years examination. Although RBI do not specify any detailed RBI Assitant syllabus. Thus after a prompt research we have come up with the detailed syllabus for RBI Assistant Prelims and Mains 2020.
RBI Assistant Syllabus for Prelims and Mains:
|Reasoning Ability||Numerical Ability||English Language||General Awareness||Computer Knowledge|
|Seating Arrangement||Number Series||Error Detection||Current Affairs (4-5 Months)||Computer basics|
|Puzzles||Data Interpretation||Reading comprehension||Banking Awareness||MS office|
|Direction and Blood relation||Simplification/ Approximation||Fillers||Economy/ Financial Awareness||Internet and web technology|
|Syllogism and Inequality||Profit & Loss||Sentence based error||Static Awareness||Database Management System|
|Alphanumeric Series and order and ranking||Data Sufficiency||Column based question||–||Networking|
|Data Sufficiency and Miscellaneous questions||Quadratic Inequalities||Word usage||–||computer and Networking Security|
|Input-output||Time Speed Distance||Cloze test||–||Operating System|
|Logical Reasoning||Time & Work, problems on train||word swap||Abbreviations|
|Ratio & Proportion, mixture and allegation||Spelling based error, para jumbles||Input-output device|
|Partnership||Idiom and phrases|
|Average and Ages||Sentence completion|
|Boat & Stream||Vocabulary Based|
|Pipes & Cistern||Paragraph Completion|
5.RBI Assistant Salary 2020:
Assistants will draw a starting basic pay of ₹ 14,650/- per month (i.e. ₹ 13,150/- plus two advance increments admissible to Graduates) in the scale of ₹ 13150 – 750(3) – 15400 – 900(4) – 19000 – 1200(6) – 26200 – 1300(2) – 28800 –1480(3)– 33240 – 1750(1) – 34990 (20 years)
Apart from the salary employee is entitled to Dearness Allowance, House Rent Allowance, City Compensatory Allowance, Transport Allowance etc., as admissible from time to time.
At present, initial monthly Gross emoluments for Assistants approximately ₹ 36091/-.
If a employee gets accomodation from the bank then he will not be given HRA.
6.RBI Assistant Job Profile
- He ensures the financial stability
- To regulate currency and its circulation and any issue associated with the said term.
- He is responsible for governement related treasury work.
- He is responsible for document verification.
- Collection of receipts, maintenance of files, ledger and balance tally etc.
- Entering the daily transaction in computer and maintaining the fair record of the same.
- He also replies to the queries of the customer over email or through other modes.
7.RBI Assistant Career Growth:
RBI Assistant can apply for the promotional exam after the completion of probation period and two years of service after probation. He can also apply for promotion through departmental or by JAIIB or CAIIB exam.
|RBI Grade A officer|
|RBI Grade B officer|
|RBI Grade C officer|
|RBI Grade D officer|
8.RBI Assistant Previous Years’ Cut Off
There was no recruitment in the year 2018. Last recruitment was done in the year 2017. Below is the cut off for the RBI Assistant Prelims and Mains exam State wise and category wise.Factors that determine the cut off are
- Level of the exam
- Types of questions asked
- Number of vacancies released
- Number of applicants applied
State wise & category wise cut off 2017 : Prelims
|Kanpur & Lucknow||72.75||69.25||78.50||86.50|
|Thiruvanantapuram & Kochi||76.00||–||84.25||87.25|
State wise & category wise cut off 2017 : Mains
|Kanpur & Lucknow||94.00||105.75||110.00||121.25|
|Thiruvanantapuram & Kochi||91.25||–||116.25||124.50|
9.RBI Assistant Previous years’ Papers
Getting knowledge of the exam pattern is the foremost thing that an aspirant should do. Always focus on your weak areas and get good damn at them. It is the time when you fuel up what you have prepared in the last days and check if you are on the correct path or not. Below is the Exam pattern for RBI Assistant. Check now!
10.RBI Assistant Preparation Tips:
- Prepare from the scratch. Do not be over confident about any subject. You have to prepare each and every topic to clear the Prelims exam.
- Divide your time equally for each section even if you are damn good at any of the subjects, practice that too. Practicing will help you improve on your mistakes.
- Prioritize your topics and subjects that needs special attention and prepare them accordingly.
- Make a time table and stick to it. Try to follow the same through out your journey.
- Make both short term and long term goals that are achievable. set realistic goals.
- Block your study hours during those times of the day when you think you are the most productive & can concentrate better and block more time for the more difficult subject.
- Reroute your attention towards learning concepts rather than rote learning techniques. Understanding basic concepts helps you to remember them for a long period of time.
- For effective RBI Preparation, evaluate yourself time and again. Analyze your answer sheet and scan the answers to which you have given wrong answer and revise them again.
- Practice from previous years papers. This will help you to gain confidence and will make you familiar with the recent exam trend.
- Avoid guess work, as there is negative marking both in prelims and mains as well. Keep a check on your accuracy.
- Take mock test o regular intervals of time. You can also analyze your performance through sectional test.
- Belief is a very powerful tool. Take 10-15 minutes to recall everything that you have learnt through ut the day before going to sleep. Avoid taking stress anyhow. Tell yourself every moment that you can and you will.
11.RBI Assistant FAQs
We know each and every employee is different and possess some different capabilities and understandings. To help every student we are providing you with some frequently asked question that will help you give a satisfactory answer.
1.When will the RBI Assistant prelims exam conducted?
RBI Assistant Prelims exam will be conducted on 14th and 15th Fenruary 2020
2.When will the Admit card for prelims exam release?
Admit card for prelims exam is expected to be released 7-10 days before the examination.
3.In which language RBI Assistant exam will be conducted?
Exam will be Bilingual. Except English langugae, all sections will be available in Engslish as well as Hindi.
4.What is the in hand salary of RBI Assistant?
Employee working as Assistant with the RBI can expect to draw a salary of approx 32,000/- inclusive of all benefits.
5.Is there any interview in the RBI Assistant Recruitment process?
No, There is no interview.
6.What is LPT?
LPT is the test of the regional language for those who are applying from other state.
7.Is it mandatory to clear Language Proficiency Test?
Yes, It is mandatory to pass the LPT as students will not be given provisional allotment if they fails to qualify the same.
8.Is there any sectional cut off?
Yes, There is sectional cut off in both prelims and mains examination.
9.Is there sectional timing in RBI Assistant?
Yes, in both prelims and Mains exam.
10.How many attempts are allowed for the RBI Assistant exam?
There is no limit however you must qualify the speciefied age criteria.
11.Can a final year student appear for the RBI Assistant Exam?
No, it is mentioned that only graduates can apply for the exam.