Governor of Reserve Bank Of India Shaktikanta Das in his press conference announced the furtherreduction of repo rate by another 40 basis points from 4.4 per cent to 4 per cent thus simultaneously reducing the reverse repo rate to 3.35 per cent. The decision was taken in view to combat the coronavirus effect said RBI governor.
This was the third conference in two months, since the lockdown period has started due to Covid-19. This announcement was came after after Union Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman held a series of five press conferences to announce details of India’s Rs 20 lakh crore economic package to cushion the impact of the coronavirus pandemic.
"Did you Know? In this pack you will get All new content we launch in the next 3 months"
This is the most recommended and NRA-CET ready Pack!
Use Code 'DREAM' to avail at best price today
This package Includes IBPS PO Study Material - Subscribe Now
About Bank Mahapack
If you are preparing for more than 1 Banking & Insurance exams then this is the pack we recommend you buy.
It is most cost effective and you get access to 100% digital content for Bank & Insurance exams on Adda247.
Banking & Insurance Exams Covered in this Pack
Additionally, you can crack any private bank job exam with content in this pack.
Bank & Insurance Mahapack Highlights
- Structured course content
- Recorded classes available if you miss any live class
- Previous Years’ Papers of all upcoming exams.
- Full Length Mocks based on the latest pattern with detailed solutions (video solutions for certain topics)
- Topic level knowledge tests
- Strategy sessions, time management & Preparation tips from the experts
Validity: 3 Months
Note: This package is not a part of Double Validity Offer
- Unlimited Live Classes & Recorded Video Courses
- Unlimited Tests and eBooks
- 1 Lakh+ Selections
- 24 Months
- 1 Month
- 12 Months
- 3 Months
- Union Cabinet Approves “Scheme for formalisation of Micro Food Processing Enterprises”
- Remittances (Money Transfer Service Scheme (MTSS) and Rupee Drawing Arrangement (RDA)
Highlights of RBI Governor Press Conference
- Das announced the extension of Moratorium on term loans by another three months till August
- RBI governor said, ” India’s foreign exchange reserves have increased by 9.2 billion during 2020-21 from April 1 onwards”
- It is expected that economy might pick up in second half but GDP growth will remain in negative territory.
- As per the statistics quoted by Das, Industrial production shrank by 17 per cent in March due to India’s lockdown, while manufacturing activity fell by 21 per cent. Output of core industries contracted by 6.5 pe cent as per the records.
- Consumer durable production falls at 33% in March 2020 thus slumping the private consumption.
- Monetary Policy Committee is expecting the inflation to fall below 4% in Q3 & Q4 of 2020.
- EXIM Bank will be given 15000 crore line of credit facility for 90 days for US Dollar Swap facility.
- Another 90 day term loan facilities will be offered to SIDBI in order to provide greater flexibility to it.
Join Live Batches to Prepare for Bank Exams