SEBI Grade A Phase-I Exam: SEBI this year is recruiting Grade A Officers for 147 vacancies and the online application link is active till 30 April. As per the revision in the schedule due to COVID-19 outbreak, phase-1 and phase-2 will now be conducted on 4th July 2020 and 23rd August 2020 respectively. Here we will be discussing the preparation strategy for Paper-I of the SEBI Grade A Phase-I Exam, which includes the subjects GA, English Language, Quantitative Aptitude and Test of Reasoning.
SEBI Assistant Manager Phase I 2020 Online Test Series
"Did you Know? In this pack you will get All new content we launch in the next 3 months"
This is the most recommended and NRA-CET ready Pack!
Use Code 'DREAM' to avail at best price today
This package Includes IBPS PO Study Material - Subscribe Now
About Bank Mahapack
If you are preparing for more than 1 Banking & Insurance exams then this is the pack we recommend you buy.
It is most cost effective and you get access to 100% digital content for Bank & Insurance exams on Adda247.
Banking & Insurance Exams Covered in this Pack
Additionally, you can crack any private bank job exam with content in this pack.
Bank & Insurance Mahapack Highlights
- Structured course content
- Recorded classes available if you miss any live class
- Previous Years’ Papers of all upcoming exams.
- Full Length Mocks based on the latest pattern with detailed solutions (video solutions for certain topics)
- Topic level knowledge tests
- Strategy sessions, time management & Preparation tips from the experts
Validity: 3 Months
Note: This package is not a part of Double Validity Offer
- Unlimited Live Classes & Recorded Video Courses
- Unlimited Tests and eBooks
- 1 Lakh+ Selections
- 24 Months
- 1 Month
- 12 Months
- 3 Months
SEBI Grade A Phase 1 Exam Pattern:
The phase 1 exam will comprise of 2 papers. Paper 1 will be common for all the streams whereas the exam pattern of Paper 2 may vary according to various disciplines.
SEBI Grade A officer phase-1 ( paper-1) will be an objective type question paper which will be of 100 marks and will consist sections like General Awareness (including some questions related to Financial Sector of easy to moderate difficulty level), English Language, Quantitative Aptitude and Test of Reasoning. The candidate need to score a minimum of 40% in all the sections to be eligible to appear for Phase II Exam
SEBI Grade A Officer Paper-1( Phase-1) Exam Preparation Strategy 2020
General Awareness Preparation
This section is divided into three sections namely Static GK, Current GK and Banking Awareness.
|Static GK||For this section, you can refer to Adda247’s book of banking and static awareness, it will majorly cover your static part.|
|Current GK||These are current affairs and Usually past 4-5 months of current affairs can be asked as per the trend observed in banking sector.
Reading newspapers on a regular basis will best serve your purpose.
Take notes of the key points while reading newspapers and current affair magazines. This will help you to revise the events quickly.
|Banking Awareness||This section comprise of questions from banking sector like banking related terms, the history of banking, SEBI functions, etc. Refer to banking and static awareness books from Adda247 to know the static banking terms and facts.|
English Language Preparation
This section again can be divided into three sub section namely: Grammar, Vocabulary and Reading comprehension
|Grammar||You can easily cover this section by going through Adda247 Ace english book. It covers all the topics and also the previous year questions.
Practice the grammatical rules that you have learnt.
|Vocabulary||Reading articles, novels, Magazines will surely enhance your vocabulary.|
|Reading comprehension||Reading comprehension is the topic that carries a lot of weightage and thus require a lot of practice. Reading newspaper will serve your purpose here. Read Economic times to get a strong hold on economic related passages.|
Quantitative Aptitude Preparation
- Arithmetic plays an important role in cracking this section.
- Learn all the important formulae by practicing the questions related to them.
- Solve Problems based on Permutations and Combinations, Time-Speed-Distance, Simple interest and Compund interest etc to increase your understanding related to these topics.
- Solve maximum number of questions of all sort of difficulty level varying from easy to difficult.
- Data Interpretation is also based on arithmetic topics.
- Take mock tests and rectify your mistakes.
Reasoning Ability Preparation
- Solve puzzles on a regular basis this will help you to develop your logical and analytical skills.
- Take mocks to enhance your understanding about the type of questions asked in the exam.
- Solve previous years’ question papers to make yourself familiar with the type of questions.
- Practice easy topics daily like Inequality, Blood-relation, Coding-decoding etc.
Going through this strategy will surely help you to crack the paper-1 of phase 1. So, make sure you follow this strategy.