15th April 2021, UPSC CAPF 2021: Union Public Service Commission has released the notification for CAPF 2021 recruitment. The Selection Process for UPSC CAPF is a 3-Tier Process: Written Exam, Physical Standards/Physical Efficiency Tests & Medical Standards Tests and lastly the Interview Test. The registration starts on the 15th of April and will continue till 5th May 2021. Here we are providing you with all the important details of CAPF recruitment as per the official notification.
Table of Content- UPSC CAPF 2021: Read all the important information related to UPSC CAPF
|UPSC CAPF 2021: Apply Online|
|UPSC CAPF 2021: Important Dates|
|UPSC CAPF Notification 2021: Vacancies|
|UPSC CAPF Notification: Eligibility Criteria|
|UPSC CAPF: Exam Pattern|
|UPSC CAPF Previous Year Papers|
|Online Registration Dates||15th April 2021 – 5th May 2021|
|Download of Online Application||12th May 2021- 18th May 2021|
|Conduct of Online Examination
(Paper I & Paper-II)
|8th August 2021|
Union Public Service Commission will hold a Written Examination on 08th August 2021 for recruitment of Assistant Commandants (Group A) in the Central Armed Police Forces (CAPF) viz. Border Security Force (BSF), Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF), Central Industrial Security Force(CISF), Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) and Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB).
The tentative Examination number of vacancies to be filled on the results of the examination is as follows:
(i) BSF: 35 Vacancies
(ii) CRPF: 36 Vacancies
(iii) CISF: 67 Vacancies
(iv) ITBP: 20* Vacancies
(iv) SSB: 01 Vacancy
Total: 159 Vacancies
Note: * 13 vacancies are backlog vacancies
A candidate must hold a Bachelor’s degree of a University incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University under Section-3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956 or possess an equivalent qualification.
UPSC CAPF 2021: Apply Online
Students who are interested in filling the form for UPSC CAPF 2021 exam can apply online from the link given below:
The Selection Process for UPSC CAPF is a 3-Tier Process: Written Exam, Physical Standards/Physical Efficiency Tests & Medical Standards Tests and lastly the Interview Test. Let’s discuss each phase in detail.
UPSC CAPF Recruitment 2021: Written Exam
UPSC CAPF 2021 exam will have 2 papers in the written exam, Paper 1 which is the General Ability and Intelligence exam of 250 Marks & Paper-II is General Studies, Essay and Comprehension of 200 Marks. Both the papers will be conducted on 8th August 2021. Paper I will be held from 10 a.m. to 12.00 Noon and Paper-II will be held from 2.00 p.m. to 5.00 p.m.
UPSC CAPF 2021 Paper I will be of Objective Type in which the questions will be set in English as well as Hindi. Paper-II is a descriptive paper in which candidates will be allowed the option of writing the Essay Component in English or Hindi, but the medium of Precis Writing, Comprehension Components and other communications/ language skills will be English only.
UPSC CAPF 2021: Physical Standards/Physical Efficiency Tests and Medical Standards Tests :
Candidates who will qualify for the Written exam will be summoned for Physical Standards/Physical Efficiency Tests and Medical Standards Tests.
Candidates who meet the prescribed Physical Standards will be put through the Physical Efficiency Tests.
UPSC CAPF 2021: Physical Efficiency Tests (PET)
(a) 100 Meters race In 16 seconds (For Male) & In 18 seconds (For Female)
(b) 800 Meters race In 3 minutes 45 seconds (For Male) & In 4 minutes 45 seconds (For Female)
(c) Long Jup 3.5 Meters (For Male) 3.0 meters (For Female) | (3 chances)
(d) Shot Put (7.26 Kgs.) 4.5 Meters(For Male only)
Interview/Personality Test :
Candidates who qualified in the Medical Standards Tests will be called for an Interview/Personality Test to be conducted by Union Public Service Commission.
The Interview/Personality Test will carry 150 Marks.
Final Selection / Merit :
The merit list will be drawn on the basis of marks obtained by the candidates in the Written Examination and Interview/Personality Test.
UPSC CAPF 2021 Notification: Syllabus for Paper-I & Paper-II
Paper I: General Ability and Intelligence (250 Marks)
- General Mental Ability: Questions from Logical Reasoning, Quantitative Aptitude including numerical ability, and data interpretation.
- General Science: Questions will be set to test General Awareness, Scientific temper, Comprehension and appreciation of scientific phenomena of everyday observation including new areas of importance like Information Technology, Biotechnology, Environmental Science.
- Current Events of National and International Importance: Questions from current events of national and international importance in the broad areas of culture, music, arts, literature, sports, governance, societal and developmental issues, industry, business, globalisation, and interplay among nations.
- Indian Polity and Economy: Questions shall aim to test candidates’ knowledge of the Country’s political system and the Constitution of India, social systems and public administration, economic development in India, regional and international security issues and human rights including its indicators.
- History of India: Questions broadly cover the subject in its social, economic and political aspects and also from the growth of nationalism and freedom movement.
- Indian and World Geography: The questions shall cover the physical, social and economic aspects of geography pertaining to India and the World.
Paper-II: General Studies, Essay and Comprehension
Part-A: Essay questions to be answered in long narrative form either in Hindi or English (Total 80 Marks). The indicative topics are modern Indian history especially of the freedom struggle, geography, polity and economy, knowledge of security and human rights issues, and analytical ability.
Part-B: Comprehension, Précis writing, other communications/language skills to be attempted in English only (Marks 120).
UPSC CAPF 2021 Recruitment: Important Points related to exam
- There will be negative marking (penalty) for wrong answers in Paper I.
- One-third (0.33) of the marks assigned to that question will be deducted as a penalty.
- If a candidate marks more than one answer in Paper I, it will be treated as a wrong answer.
- If a question is left blank i.e. no answer is given by the candidate, there will be no penalty for that question in UPSC CAPF 2021 Paper I.
- For both writing and marking answers in the OMR Sheets (Answer Sheet) candidates must use black ball point pen only. Pens with any other colours are prohibited.
- There will be minimum qualifying marks separately in each Paper as may be fixed by the Commission.
- Paper-I will be evaluated first and evaluation of Paper-II will be done only of those candidates who obtain the minimum qualifying marks in Paper-I.
Students can download the Previous Year Paper for UPSC CAPF exam from the links given below in the table:
|Year||Paper 1||Paper 2|
|UPSC CAPF 2020||Download Paper 1 2020||Download Paper 2 2020|
|UPSC CAPF 2019||Download Paper 1 2019||Download Paper 2 2019|
|UPSC CAPF 2018||Download Paper 1 2018||Download Paper 2 2018|
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q 1. What is the total number of vacancies?
Ans. There are a total of 159 vacancies.
Q 2. What are the Minimum Educational Qualifications for UPSC CAPF 2021 recruitment?
Ans. A candidate must hold a Bachelor’s degree from a recognised University.
Q3. What is the last date for filling up the form?
Ans. The last date for form filling is 5th May 2021.
Q4. Are both paper I and Paper II going to happen on the same day?
Ans. Yes, both paper I and Paper II will happen on the same day. Paper I will be held from 10 a.m. to 12.00 Noon and Paper-II will be held from 2.00 p.m. to 5.00 p.m.